What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opinions on playing LBs from same team? (1 Viewer)

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
Just curious if anyone does/has tried this and their experiences. Obviously if you have the right guys it will probably be amazing i.e. Willis/Bowman, maybe Lewis/Suggs back in the day. Anyone have general rules for or against this idea? I'd guess pairing an MLB tandem in a 3-4 would be better than an MLB/OLB tandem.

Just curious if anyone does/has tried this and their experiences. Obviously if you have the right guys it will probably be amazing i.e. Willis/Bowman, maybe Lewis/Suggs back in the day. Anyone have general rules for or against this idea? I'd guess pairing an MLB tandem in a 3-4 would be better than an MLB/OLB tandem.
Why? If you're starting a OLB (presuming a good edge rusher) and MLB you should be covered for one to have a decent day if the other team runs more while the OLB could have a nice day if he gets more pass rush ops. I'd be perfectly willing to start Collins/Mayo, DJ/Houston or Lofton/Mack.

I haven't actively tried to get a duo like this but if each were value picks or in trades, I wouldn't stay away from it. I think I prefer a MLB/Corner combo which I have used fairly often.

It would give you less flexibility to get around bye week, poor matchups and stingy stat crews, so ideally I would like to avoid it. But on the other hand you'll get double effect in good matchups so I wouldn't pass on value to avoid it.

16 team league, I took over an orphaned team with Mayo/Hightower.

Mayo only played in 6 games in 2014 but blew up in weeks 1 and 4. Average in 2, 3, 5, and 6.

Though 6, Hightower blew up in week 2, was average in 3 and 4, no show in 1, 5 and 6.

So this duo isn't likely to work well on that sample size.

Users who are viewing this thread