What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'd rather watch Golf over Basketball (1 Viewer)

KCitons

Footballguy
First time in decades I didn't fill out a March Madness bracket. Haven't seen more than a few highlights so far. Got me thinking about ranking sports by view-ability.

1- NFL

2- College Football

3- NHL

4- College Hockey

5- College Baseball

6- Olympics

7- Nascar

8- MLB

9- Golf

10- Basketball (either Pro or College)

Didn't make the cut - Anything X-games, bowling, tennis, and poker.

What do your rankings look like?

1 - Soccer

2 - NFL Redzone

3 - Golf Majors

4 - Tennis Majors

5 - NHL

Eleventy thousand - three hour infomercials basketball

CFB

NFL

C Hoops

NBA

MLB

--------

C Baseball

Pro Tennis and Golf

The line indicates a big drop.

Even with the MLB I only really pay attention to my team. Don't know what's going on with the rest of the league or even who plays for most NL teams.

Viewability?

1. Soccer

2. UK basketball

3. NFL

4. Paint dry

5. Golf Majors

6. Grass grow

(tie) 7. Everything else but baseball

8. baseball (seriously, who watches this? I can't imagine a more boring or less athletic sporting event)

NBA

Blue Jays

NHL

NFL

Golf

CFL

Curling

CHL

College Basketball

MLB

People turning left

Last edited by a moderator:
Viewability?

1. Soccer

2. UK basketball

3. NFL

4. Paint dry

5. Golf Majors

6. Grass grow

8. baseball (seriously, who watches this? I can't imagine a more boring or less athletic sporting event)
If you have a little money on paint drying or grass growing, it makes it much more exciting to watch.

1. Orioles

2. NFL

3. College bball tourneys

4. Golf Majors (final day)

5. Other MLB games

6. College FB

7. NBA

8. NHL

The derby and preakness are on par with NFL, and of there's a triple crown chance, the belmont is the best of them all. They're only a couple minutes long though.

You guys are #######g crazy. Nothing is more exciting, if you have a rooting interest in a team, than college hoops.

You guys are #######g crazy. Nothing is more exciting, if you have a rooting interest in a team, than college hoops.
... in March.

March Madness is awesome because of how the players leave every drop of blood and sweat on the court. Huge emotional highs and lows in an instant.

Regular season? I don't even tune into all the UK games lol.

The entire regular season means almost nothing to the casual fan because of how many squads make the playoffs.

March Madness is fun though

NFL

Golf majors

Almost any (non-NFL) playoff except for women's sports

Hockey

Non major golf

Basketball

Curling

Baseball

NFL

NBA

Golf Majors

March Madness

Women's tennis

Baseball was my first sports love, but I can't watch it on TV any more.

I also don't watch two other sports from my youth: college football and regular season college basketball.

On TV:

NFL

March Madness

MLB

Olympics

NBA playoffs

Golf Majors

Tennis Majors

World Cup

NHL

These can shift around depending on who is playing in the event.

1-NFL

2-NBA

3-Tennis

4-Golf

5-College Basketball

6-MLB

7-NHL

I love reading about baseball more than any other sport and follow the Twins closely. I go to a couple games a year but never watch on TV. It just doesn't work for TV watching for me. Same with NHL.

First time in decades I didn't fill out a March Madness bracket. Haven't seen more than a few highlights so far. Got me thinking about ranking sports by view-ability.

1- NFL

2- College Football

3- NHL

4- College Hockey

5- College Baseball

6- Olympics

7- Nascar

8- MLB

9- Golf

I will watch pretty much every sporting event they put on TV, but don't think I have ever actually watched more than a minute of College Baseball or NASCAR.

1- NFL

2- College Football

3- NHL

4- College Hockey

5- College Baseball

6- Olympics

7- Nascar

8- MLB

9- Golf

I will watch pretty much every sporting event they put on TV, but don't think I have ever actually watched more than a minute of College Baseball or NASCAR.
I'm sure living in Omaha is a big reason I watch it.

1- NFL

2- College Football

3- NHL

4- College Hockey

5- College Baseball

6- Olympics

7- Nascar

8- MLB

9- Golf

I'm sure living in Omaha is a big reason I watch it.
That makes sense, got to be a huge deal there every year.

1) soccer

2) NFL

3) NBA

4) MMA

Everything else I just sample when ever something interesting pops up or I just ignore entirely because it is an awful sport (baseball).

Viewability?

1. Soccer

2. UK basketball

3. NFL

4. Paint dry

5. Golf Majors

6. Grass grow

Is the United Kingdom league televised?

this many sports mentioned and I still don't see boxing. It was at one time a top 3 sport.
I was a big fan back in the Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Sugar Ray days. It felt like there was a big fight every other month.

The constant questionable judging decisions pushed me away from the sport and MMA has kind of covered the fighting niche for me.

this many sports mentioned and I still don't see boxing. It was at one time a top 3 sport.
I was a big fan back in the Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Sugar Ray days. It felt like there was a big fight every other month.

The constant questionable judging decisions pushed me away from the sport and MMA has kind of covered the fighting niche for me.
Yes, MMA does seem to have taken its place for the most part.

It seems to cost $50+ to order any good fight. I wouldn't pay that much to watch a football game. Let alone a sport I know next to nothing about. If it were made more accessible I'd be open to watching from time to time.

Can't figure out if UK basketball is univ of Kentucky or United Kingdom. Either way, the level of snobbery is pretty high.

College football

NFL

Nhl playoffs or the Lightning for me

March madness

Soccer

(Huge drop)

NBA playoffs

(Gigantic drop)

Anything baseball. Very hard to sit through, especially live.

Golf, racing, xgames etc don't even qualify.

lol at people complaining about the amount of commercials in NCAA basketball games yet ranking NFL and college football at the top of their lists...

1. World Cup Soccer/USMNT Qualifying

2. Winter and Summer Olympics

3. NFL

4. College Basketball

5. College Football

6. NBA (playoffs only)

7. Champions League Soccer/Euros/EPL

8. MLB

9. Boxing (would've been top three back in the day)

10. Golf Majors (higher on the list when Tiger and Phil were in their primes)

11. Triple Crown Pony Races (shoot up the list if there is a triple crown contender)

Not on my list:

MMA - uncivilized

NHL - like it live, but that's about it

Motor Sports - Never understood the fascination

Can't figure out if UK basketball is univ of Kentucky or United Kingdom. Either way, the level of snobbery is pretty high.
I took it to mean United Kingdom (see my earlier post). There are multiple colleges that go by the initials U.K.

College Football

NFL

College Basketball

Golf (Majors)

MLB

NHL (would be higher if I got to watch more)

NBA (Playoffs)

I will choose to watch paint dry over NBA regular season.

World Cup soccer and the Olympics are a lot of fun.

NFL

Golf Majors

Grand Slam Tennis

Stanley Cup playoffs

College football

Winter Olympics

Summer Olympics

March Madness

MLB

Tour de France

NBA

I took it to mean United Kingdom (see my earlier post). There are multiple colleges that go by the initials U.K.
What other colleges go by UK?
The heck if I know, but there must be some. Funny that the University of Kansas goes by KU for short.

I played and watched more baseball than anything growing up but it's nearly impossible to watch it any more - unbearably long and boring.

I'm wondering how much the lists would change it it was regular season only. No playoffs, No March Madness, no golf majors, no WC, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread