What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fatballguys Thunderdome - Sabertooth v Shader (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
The gauntlet has been thrown down. Shader and I are going to challenge one another to a fitness challenge. He is preparing for a cruise and I am generally up for a challenge and need the additional shaming to motivate myself.

He messaged me to set the parameters so I have. I think the main purpose for both of us is to simply look much better with our shirts off.

Challenge will last from April 1 - October 1, 2015.

Winner will be judged on the following three criteria.

1. Lean Muscle Mass Gain.
  2. Body Fat loss % - I am using a tape and online calculator here. I changed calculators because the other one wouldn't do half pounds. (This one also call for waist measurment).
  3. Visible change in body composition - i.e. (before and after photos).
One point given for each category.

I was going to use weight loss in pounds but I think percentage is the way to go because we both want to add some muscle. As we all know muscle weighs more so end weight isn't as big of a deal.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my current information in PDF format from the Navy Calculator (can somebody check to make sure that works)

Sabertooth:

3/31/15

5'7" 212.6 lbs

Bodyfat percentage: 35%

Fat Mass: 72 lbs

Lean Mass: 141 lbs

Body Fat Category: Obese

4/6/15 (First week on new calculator which seems more accurate)

Bodyfat percentage: 34.8%

Fat Mass: 72.9

Lean Mass 136.6

Still too ####### fat.

4/16/15

Bodyfat percentage: 33.4%

Fat Mass: 69.1

Lean Mass: 137.9

Still too fat

4/21/15 7:00 PM (evening)

Bodyfat percentage: (measuring 34.1)

Fat Mass: 70.45
Lean Mass: 136.15

4/23/15

Bodyfat percentage: (measuring 33.2)

Fat Mass: 67.86

Lean Mass: 136.5

4/27/15 (7:00 a.m. really need to get my diet buckled down) Ate 91,208,114,144,113,107 carbs. Going to keep this number under 350 for the week this week.

Bodyfat percentage: (measuring 33.4)

Fat Mass: 69.87 lbs

Lean Mass: 139.32 lbs

4/27/15 (3:00 PM - did not eat anything yet today, just coffee)

BF% 33.1%

Fat Mass: 67.45 lbs

Lean Mass: 136.34 lbs

5/7/15 (It amazes me how much my weight bounces around due to booze)

BF% 33.4

Fat mass: 68.87

Lean Mass: 137.32

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit for Starting Stats

I'm just using that US Navy calculator you linked. Not happy with results. Must be an error, or maybe I just stink at measuring. Perhaps I'm just fat. :lmao:

5'11 213.5

Bodyfat percentage: 38%

Fat Mass 81 lbs

Lean mass 132 lbs

EDIT: This is wrong. Will update tonight.

Do you guys each have different philosophies on weight loss?

Might be fun for anyone else who want to participate to join one of your "teams" and compete at an overall number. Maybe even go biggest loser style and vote someone off every 2 weeks based on production (loss).

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Shader and I are going to challenge one another to a fitness challenge. He is preparing for a cruise and I am generally up for a challenge and need the additional shaming to motivate myself.

He messaged me to set the parameters so I have. I think the main purpose for both of us is to simply look much better with our shirts off.

Body Fat loss % - I am using a tape and going of the US Navy Calculator linked here.

Lean muscle gained %

Visible change in body composition - i.e. (before and after photos).

I was going to use weight loss in pounds but I think percentage is the way to go because we both want to add some muscle. As we all know muscle weighs more so end weight isn't as big of a deal.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my current information in PDF format from the Navy Calculator (can somebody check to make sure that works)

Sabertooth:

5'7" 212.6 lbs

cup size?

Body Fat loss % - I am using a tape and going of the US Navy Calculator linked here.

Lean muscle gained %

Sabertooth:

5'7" 212.6 lbs

cup size?
:lmao:

Lean muscle gained %

Sabertooth:

5'7" 212.6 lbs

You should change your name to Fire Plug

Lean muscle gained %

Sabertooth:

5'7" 212.6 lbs

Don't know what this means and I'm not googling it.

Thanks Keerock. That's the way I am going. Just had my first meal. Scrambled eggs and bacon with water. I am certainly cutting all grains. How many grams of carbs should I shoot for? I am thinking 25 or so (Atkins induction phase basically) for the first two weeks. Looking forward to the carb flu tomorrow and Thursday (hopefully not the regular flu which my wife has right now).

Thanks Keerock. That's the way I am going. Just had my first meal. Scrambled eggs and bacon with water. I am certainly cutting all grains. How many grams of carbs should I shoot for? I am thinking 25 or so (Atkins induction phase basically) for the first two weeks. Looking forward to the carb flu tomorrow and Thursday (hopefully not the regular flu which my wife has right now).
PM me your email addy and I'll send you a crapload of info.

So... just to document here... this is the program that worked great for me:

Weeks 1-2: <20 grams of carbs per day. Eat as much meat, cheese, eggs, leafy greens, etc as you want. Don't worry about calories. Eat when you're hungry.

Weeks 2-4: <30 grams of carbs per day. Restrict calories to what the calculators tell you will shed 1-2 lbs per week. Start some fitness routine. I walked 10K steps and did the 7 minute workout daily.

Weeks 4-6: Stay at 25-30 carbs. Keep up the fitness routine. Experiment with artificial sweeteners to see if they cause spikes

Weeks 6-?: Incorporate Intermittent Fasting (IF). 16/8 worked great for me (don't eat between 8pm and noon the next day)

Since I hit my goal, I'm now at around 100 healthy carbs per day...

ETA: There are a bunch of whiny nerds over there, but if you can sift through them, the reddit keto forum has a lot of good info

Lean muscle gained %

Sabertooth:

5'7" 212.6 lbs

Don't know what this means and I'm not googling it.
:lmao: ...........Top Definition

fireplug
A term usually attributed to a man whose physical stature closely resembles a fireplug/fire hydrant. He is usually of below average height, stocky or muscular build, thick arms and legs, with a thick or not readily visible neck

DW - 311 lbs. Christmas morning, 243.4 yesterday. No sweets, dairy - other than cheese and yogurt and rarely that, no grains or starches, no alcohol. I eat meat, fish, non-starchy veggies, and fruit. I have been biking 1/2 hour each morning with 100 squats and 1/2 hour each evening with 50 pushups. I do not eat between 6:00 pm and 7:30 am. I'm still obese.

To begin the squats I put hanging handles in place to assist me to get up, as a bad knee did not allow me to do them at all. Now, well, the 78 stairs to the office do not bother me a bit. Thinking of switching in some kayaking at night. End of hijack. Good luck guys.

DW - 311 lbs. Christmas morning, 243.4 yesterday. No sweets, dairy - other than cheese and yogurt and rarely that, no grains or starches, no alcohol. I eat meat, fish, non-starchy veggies, and fruit. I have been biking 1/2 hour each morning with 100 squats and 1/2 hour each evening with 50 pushups. I do not eat between 6:00 pm and 7:30 am. I'm still obese.

To begin the squats I put hanging handles in place to assist me to get up, as a bad knee did not allow me to do them at all. Now, well, the 78 stairs to the office do not bother me a bit. Thinking of switching in some kayaking at night. End of hijack. Good luck guys.
Maybe so, but this is amazing progress GB. :thumbup:

Sabertooth:

5'7" 212.6 lbs

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing+

You're a piece of ass.
More like the whole thing.
I'm actually kinda shocked at the 45 inch waist at only 213lbs. I get that he's a wee laddie, but still that waist to weight ratio seems odd.
I got no ###. All my weight is belly.

Nice work, GB. Stay healthy, we need you around these parts. :thumbup:

That's like 10 newborn babies. Pretty sweet.

brohan the next time your wife says to run out and get her some gas you should actually run out and get her the gas take that to the bank bromigo

Nice work, GB. Stay healthy, we need you around these parts. :thumbup:
i will second that nice work brohan keep on keepin on or maybe keep on keepin off you are killing it man keep it up take that to the bank

DW? Are you tracking your food with myfitnesspal or anything?

I did awesome yesterday. Got a little tired in the evening.

I'm pushing forward with the keerock plan. I'm going to focus on fat loss more than muscle gain. I'm pretty sure I've got a solid muscle base under the mantle of fat. I'd imagine I'll enter ketosis by the third, and drop 5 lbs this first week (I've done it before and he similar results).

I'm pushing forward with the keerock plan. I'm going to focus on fat loss more than muscle gain. I'm pretty sure I've got a solid muscle base under the mantle of fat. I'd imagine I'll enter ketosis by the third, and drop 5 lbs this first week (I've done it before and he similar results).
The first week can be brutal... make sure to drink a LOT of water and replenish electrolytes... Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium

Making sure you keep up on these will help with any headaches/foggy feelings during the first couple of weeks. Common misconception is to continue to limit sodium. SALT EVERYTHING!

Nope. Just eating less by cutting out all of the junk food, snacks, and mindless munching, eating much better, and moving more. I may have hit a plateau here, but really, I probably should have hit one before now. I am thinking of changing up the exercise routine a bit to see if I can get it moving again. I'm not discouraged at all though, thus far the results have exceeded my expectations to the point where I had a medical checkup to be certain I was not also ill and losing weight from that without being aware of it.

The first week can be brutal... make sure to drink a LOT of water and replenish electrolytes... Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium

Making sure you keep up on these will help with any headaches/foggy feelings during the first couple of weeks. Common misconception is to continue to limit sodium. SALT EVERYTHING!
What would you recommend for replenishing electorlytes that won't bring the carbs up. Obviously gatorade or something like that is out. What about the sugar free stuff?

What would you recommend for replenishing electorlytes that won't bring the carbs up. Obviously gatorade or something like that is out. What about the sugar free stuff?
Sugar free sports drinks are probably not best as you don't yet know your tolerance for artificial sweeteners. I would stick with table salt, salt substitute (no-salt), spinach, kale, avocado, gelatin, and a magnesium supplement (important to avoid fog/fatigue).

Starting stats edited in 2nd post.

My story: I've rotated between 205 and 225 for the past few years. I was 205 as recently as about four weeks ago, but the past month I've fallen off the wagon hard. I was surprised to see my bodyfat at 38%, and I don't think that's accurate. But, hey, who knows. Not really sure what the difference is between the waist and the hips if it goes straight down? :lmao:

My plan: I do better with a structured plan. In a recent thread I was encouraged to lose the weight first, then try to build the muscle. A good plan was suggested, that coincided with a book I had recently borrowed, and that's Tim Ferriss' book Four Hour Body. I started that eating plan yesterday.

ok, I knew something was wrong. Sabertooth, I accidentally had clicked "Female"

:lmao:

I didn't measure my navel area, so i'll do that when I get home and adjust the original settings. Geez what a moron

Users who are viewing this thread