What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rocket explosion in HD super slo-mo (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
LINK

Trust me when I say, watch it until the very end. I looked away near the end when I thought it was over and almost missed the best part.

On June 7, 2014, an Atlas-E rocket was set for launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base in Lompoc, CA. While some Atlas rockets were used in the early space program, this Atlas-E was intended as an intercontinental ballistic missile. So when it goes wrong, it goes very wrong.

A combustion problem in the rocket caused an explosion shortly after launch. The rocket exploded and destroyed so much of the launch complex that it was out of commission for six months. There was only a dummy warhead aboard the rocket at the time—it could have been worse.

While footage of the launch had been seen before, the folks at Atom Central have taken it on themselves to bring it to us in crisp HD. Just check out the gorgeously restored footage below.

Users who are viewing this thread