What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Max: Fury Road (1 Viewer)

I agree, love Hardy's work, love Mad Max, can't wait.

Every trailer that has come out for this movie has been more exciting than the last. It looks amazing.

I've stopped watching trailers to avoid seeing anything else. I'm there Day 1. Looks incredible.

I agree, love Hardy's work, love Mad Max, can't wait.

Every trailer that has come out for this movie has been more exciting than the last. It looks amazing.
I'm not against remakes/reboots, and movies like this one are the reason. This isn't just a cheap knockoff.

The woman loves her some Tom Hardy so we will be there. However, gotta say that as much as I want to like this flick...the previews look a little too cartoonish for me.

People have liked these trailers? I don't get it. Looks like one big cartoonish car chase, mixed with Borderlands.

Looks pretty awesome...

Somehow I missed all of the original Mad Max flicks. I know, weird.

Should I go and watch these first or can I get away with just grabbing a huge tub of popcorn to watch this?

The woman loves her some Tom Hardy so we will be there. However, gotta say that as much as I want to like this flick...the previews look a little too cartoonish for me.
In the ones I've seen I've thought it was very odd how little we saw of Hardy. He was barely in the trailers I've seen. It felt as if they were trying to emphasize everything other than the fact someone else is playing Max instead of Mel Gibson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless this just gets completely destroyed by reviewers, I'm talking BioDome type reviews, will be seeing this opening weekend.

Road Warrior was one of the first movies I really remember seeing that freaked me out as a little kid. Really left an impression.

Well....

Who's seen it and what did you think?

It has a mindblowing 98% rating on rotten tomatoes.

Based on that I think I am going tonight.

dhockster said:
Well....

From what I've been hearing it's spectacular. I'm taking a long lunch tomorrow and seeing an 11am show. Looking forward to it.

dhockster said:
Well....

Might be the best purely gritty action movie I've ever seen.

Amazing. Best hollywood action movie since T2, best one of any ilk since the Hard Boiled/The Killer era work of John Woo (although this is on a whole new scale).

I went in very skeptical, what I loved about Mad Max was the gritty feel of practical design. There wasn't gimmicks in terms of FX but how the camera moved, and the production design. The trailer looked very CG laiden.

And in the end, the movie is, and some looks bad, but that is such a minor quibble. It just is sensational. Can't recommend it higher. This movie is for everyone. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous production design, inventive, constantly shifting action.

I'll say this though, it would have been that much better with Mel. Hardy doesn't have the gravitas for the role to be featured in such a diminished capacity.

Wow. I'm simply in awe. What a fantastic movie. Ranks right up there with The Road Warrior as one of the all time classics.

Saw it last night...really grabs you right from the start, awesome action, great characters, great setting...

Lots of crazy and bizarre scenes that blew me away...GF and I went with another couple and all 4 of us loved it...

95/100!

Sheer lunacy. Brilliant. I loved it. How many truly ####ed up movies do you get to see in a year? Amazing stunts, really weird, and campy in a way that few modern movies can achieve. I wish there were more movies like this.

1:45 show for $5

Use my Stub Rewards and get a free upgrade from medium to large Dr Pepper and Buttered Popcorn. When I hit the picture shows, I forgo health for an afternoon

Take that Tuesday afternoon!

Giant jug o' Cherry Coke, bag of popcorn.... and a solid flick.

Solid 8/10. Can't go to 9 because there were some elements of predictability but yes, it's non-friggin-stop action... some of which was "visually quite stunning".

Definitely not the best movie evah, but certainly one hell of a popcorn flick.

jdoggydogg said:
Sheer lunacy. Brilliant. I loved it. How many truly ####ed up movies do you get to see in a year? Amazing stunts, really weird, and campy in a way that few modern movies can achieve. I wish there were more movies like this.
the guy with the guitar attached to bungee cords is going to be my go-to Halloween costume from now on.

jdoggydogg said:
the guy with the guitar attached to bungee cords is going to be my go-to Halloween costume from now on.
No ####. I thought that when I was driving home from the film

jdoggydogg said:
:thumbup:

jdoggydogg said:
No ####. I thought that when I was driving home from the film
All I could think was:

"Ok, devil dogs: lock and load. Bring all your ammo, because this is going to be one helluva fight. Let's roll! Wait...where the #### is the Drum/Guitar Heavy Metal Truck?! How the #### are we supposed to kick ### without the ####ing Drum/Guitar Heavy Metal Truck?!"

Users who are viewing this thread