What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Experiences with Flea Flicker for IDP, All-Play league? (1 Viewer)

gliz

Footballguy
Hey all,

Just wondering if anybody has experience playing on Flea Flicker and what your thoughts are about the service, especially in comparison to Yahoo.

I am looking to run an IDP league and want it to be All-Play. Flea Flicker has Roto mode. Is that the same as All-Play? I get the idea that it is basically more complex All-Play that can be simplified to All-Play by choosing the right roto categories. Is that true?

A related question would be, does Yahoo have All-Play functionality?

Thanks!

Yeah, the fee is not a huge deal, but if that extra $60 could go to prizes, it would obviously be better, hence the question. But it is looking like MFL will be the way I go.

I played in a redraft IDP league several years ago on Fleflicker. It had 5 IDP flex positions. It was ok. Had an issue early in draft. It's an ok site but like the other poster said, MFL is the way to go especially if it's a keeper or dynasty league.

I played in a redraft IDP league several years ago on Fleflicker. It had 5 IDP flex positions. It was ok. Had an issue early in draft. It's an ok site but like the other poster said, MFL is the way to go especially if it's a keeper or dynasty league.
What kind of issue did you have in the draft? That worries me.

The timer malfunctioned on my second pick as it still had plenty of time and auto picked DMac for me. The next two people immediately picked before I could get message to commish and he said I'd have to deal with it. Good thing is I knocked him out of 3rd place for the final money spots. It was my first $100 with some big fish.

The timer malfunctioned on my second pick as it still had plenty of time and auto picked DMac for me. The next two people immediately picked before I could get message to commish and he said I'd have to deal with it. Good thing is I knocked him out of 3rd place for the final money spots. It was my first $100 with some big fish.
Well that's crappy. Glad to hear it worked out okay for you, but that's exactly the kind of miscue I want to avoid as we launch our new league. I want to believe that a few years later, they have the kinks worked out. ::crosses fingers::

Hopefully they've fixed the problems. It's been 4-5 years so maybe so. Other than that, I liked the site, but if you're running a dynasty league, you'll need an offsite message board to run things during the off season. Best of luck.

Just a keeper league, so no worries on that front.

It's tough to get a great feel for it because while people are motivated to post complaints about the draft on the Flea Flicker forum, nobody really thinks to post a message saying, "Hey, everything worked normally in our draft." Totally understandable, but leaves me uncertain. I probably just need to develop a solid backup plan in case things go awry.

Thanks for posting!

I'm in an IDP dynasty that's been on FleaFlicker for 4 years. No problems with the startup draft or any of the rookie drafts. None of the drafts involved a draft timer.

Users who are viewing this thread