What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to do with very expensive unused pharmaceuticals (1 Viewer)

NutterButter

Footballguy
My FIL recently passed away and he has 2 full bottles (100 75 mgs each) of Targretin. Just eyeballing prices on the internet, it looks like this is easily $10k worth of meds. So what are my options?

That's sad. Its a legal drug. It was acquired legally. Seems like an awful waste to just toss it.
Well, what were you thinking? If you know someone who has a legitimate prescription, I doubt anyone would go after you if you gave them the pills. I also imagine there could be some clinics/charities that would take donations and get the meds into the hands of someone who needs them. But anything beyond that would be an issue, and I'd recommend hiring Mike Ehrmentrout.

My father still had some expensive cancer medication when he passed away. We brought it to the hospital where he was being treated. Hopefully it went to someone who needed it.

Crush one up and snort it, if it gets you high put an ad out on Craigslist, I would shoot for a $1000 but take $750.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife said we'd just donate it but I was looking to make a little cash out of this. My FIL was a real PITA so it figures he'd tease me like this.

Put an add ebay with a $5k piece of memorabilia and throw in the pills for free. Just make sure you don't mail them, local pickup only.

We could set up an exchange here...I have a bunch of Tylenol with codine I will never use.
You need some Targretin? Actually, I don't mess with pain killers. I have a bit of an addictive personality.
I have no idea if these are good or not, pain meds never do a thing for me. Blessing and a curse I guess. I have a 60 count bottle of hydrocodone (sp) stollen from my medicine cabinet.... Dirty bastards, this things were worth money as well it would appear.

If you try slangin' em you risk prison and at that street value, probably for a long time.

Since I am assuming you would prefer to avoid prison, take them to the hospital and see if they can be donated. Short of that, cops will take them.

I think that there are places that you can donate the meds to, as long as the bottles are unopened. Charities or places that use them overseas

Users who are viewing this thread