What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1st 2015 Rookie Draft of the year (1 Viewer)

Dragon1952

Footballguy
Well, I'm assuming it is anyway. Started today 4/16 at 4 PM EDT

Slow draft with 12 hr timer. Enjoy!

And please, let's not turn this into a why draft so early debate. We do it this way because it's good and it's different.....like Swisher Sweets ;^ )

Edit: slight technical problem....will post link in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

And please, let's not turn this into a why draft so early debate. We do it this way because it's good and it's different.....like Swisher Sweets ;^ )

Yea I remember Swisher Sweets when I was a nube teen in the mid 1960's- they were cheapest thing the 7 - Eleven had. Not good or different.

Too early for me.

PPR and the first 2 picks RB? Hmmmmm....

Yea I remember Swisher Sweets when I was a nube teen in the mid 1960's- they were cheapest thing the 7 - Eleven had. Not good or different.
Ha ha...yeah probably not but that's what their commercials said anyway, which were kind of funny BTW

See nothing wrong with taking the RBs 1-2 in a league where you can start 2-3 RBs. :shrug:
don't see an issue either. We haven't had many good Rb's coming into the league lately, if Gordon/Gurley get drafted high and show any promise they are instant top 5 dynasty RB's. the depth of solid WR's is much deeper.

Start 10, 1QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR,1-2TE,1K, 1DEF
With a limit of 4 WR and must start 2 RB I expect a lot of RB's often. Has this been the case in previous years?
Not necessarily.... going back to 2009/2010 and before maybe more RB heavy.....like in 2008 9 of first 10 were RB, 2009 top 2 and 3 of top 4 were RB, and 2010 6 of top 7 were RB......but 2011 AJ Green/Julio went 1-2 of course, 2012 TRich of course went 1 but then 2WR and 2 QB (Luck/RGIII), 2013 3 of the top 5 were RB and 2014 went Sammy, Evans, Beckham and only 2 RB in top 10. The RB role has changed though, obviously, so as it has WR seems to be more popular, and even this year you wouldn't really fault anyone for going Cooper and White 1 and 2. This year after Gurly/Gorden you'll see maybe one more RB in top 10 I bet, and 2 QB in the top 10 very likely.

EDIT: 2 QB's in 1st round I meant, not top 10

And please, let's not turn this into a why draft so early debate.
All of my four dynasty leagues draft after the NFL draft, but this format has always intrigued me. It certainly would make the NFL draft even that much more interesting and/or nerve racking.

Thanks for sharing. Draft looks pretty chalky thus far - but nothing wrong with that of course.

spider321 said:
That snail's pace would drive me f'in crazy
Yeah....I know, but on one hand it gives everyone some activity for up to a couple weeks whereas a quick draft is over and then you're back to no activity.

There are trade offers floating around the whole time also so there's stuff you don't see.

We do this as well, our draft starts noon tomorrow. 7 rounds, non-IDP. We go deeeep. I'll post the link when it starts.

spider321 said:
That snail's pace would drive me f'in crazy
Yeah....I know, but on one hand it gives everyone some activity for up to a couple weeks whereas a quick draft is over and then you're back to no activity.

There are trade offers floating around the whole time also so there's stuff you don't see.
I like it.

Allowing a reasonable amount of time for a pick to be made certainly helps facilitate trade negotiations as well. Looks like tastes like chicken needed 24 hours.

Thanks for sharing the draft.

I'm just glad that Matty Ice is there to tell us his life story every time he makes a pick. Where was he born? What's his favorite color? We need to know these things!

Here's my link:http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=28457&O=17

14 team, PPR, very flexible lineups only requiring 1 RB, we go 7 rounds in the rookie draft.
Wow, that dude essentially took Cooper white and parker all over gurley.
Yeah, he's a rebuild, his only real asset before those picks was Watkins so it fits what he's doing perfectly. We can start 4WR's and we only need to start 1RB.
I would do the same, even if not rebuilding.

My haul so far in that draft, just going pure BPA:

2.1 Devin Funchess

2.2 Phillip Dorsett

3.1 DeAndre Smelter

3.5 Jamison Crowder

Hey Dragon, who is the commish of this league?

DId our first round of draft last night. 16 team league with start 1-1-2-1-1 with 5 flex including one more QB. 0.5 PPR and 6 pts per TD. 0.5 per 10 for WR/RB, 0.5 per 25 for QB, 1 per 10 for TE so TE gets more

1. Winston

2. Cooper

3. Mariota

4. White

5. Gurley

6. Parker

7. Gordon

8. Agholor

9. Strong

10. Hundley

11. DGB

12. Perriman

13. Ayai

14. Madd Maxx

15. Grayson

16. Yelden

DId our first round of draft last night. 16 team league with start 1-1-2-1-1 with 5 flex including one more QB. 0.5 PPR and 6 pts per TD. 0.5 per 10 for WR/RB, 0.5 per 25 for QB, 1 per 10 for TE so TE gets more

1. Winston

2. Cooper

3. Mariota

4. White

5. Gurley

6. Parker

7. Gordon

8. Agholor

9. Strong

10. Hundley

11. DGB

12. Perriman

13. Ayai

14. Madd Maxx

15. Grayson

16. Yelden
Interesting to me how your draft compares with the 2QB poll results.

Perhaps your scoring for QB is more valuable than the majority of 2QB leagues? I suppose only requiring one RB starter diminishes the value of the RB somewhat as well.

Hundley went four spots earlier in your draft than he did in the 2QB poll.

Petty went at 19 while Grayson went at 15 in yours. Grayson did not make the top 25 in the poll.

1. Winston

2. Cooper

3. Mariota

4. White

5. Gurley

6. Parker

7. Gordon

8. Agholor

9. Strong

10. Hundley

11. DGB

12. Perriman

13. Ayai

14. Madd Maxx

15. Grayson

16. Yelden
Interesting to me how your draft compares with the 2QB poll results.

Perhaps your scoring for QB is more valuable than the majority of 2QB leagues? I suppose only requiring one RB starter diminishes the value of the RB somewhat as well.

Hundley went four spots earlier in your draft than he did in the 2QB poll.

Petty went at 19 while Grayson went at 15 in yours. Grayson did not make the top 25 in the poll.
Who says they where good picks. I thought Hundley was a reach for a team that needed a Rb big time and could use a WR or TE also. He had Brees/Cutler and is starting Bush/Ellington/Vernon Davis. Old team and not sure his direction

Grayson was another surprise. I thought he would go WR since he has AJ and Latimer as his #2.

So it is just results and not all owners are equal in the fantasy world

I got Perriman and Maxx Williams. Left very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread