What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars: Battlefront (1 Viewer)

To me more like Halo competition. Glad I added a PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had this exact same game like 10 years ago or something. Game play is the same, the graphics are ridiculously better now of course.

Would there be a way to play this two players with my son just over our lan?

It's hard to believe that ea/dice wastes resources making campaigns for the battlefield games (which MAYBE 10 of the player base ever even plays) and then doesn't do one for star wars (which has some story to work with and characters people actually care about)

It really just seems like total common sense to me. I'm in the wrong industry

The FBG's battlefield PC community is mostly dead at this point, so I'll be in on xbox one as well.

TLEF316 said:
The FBG's battlefield PC community is mostly dead at this point, so I'll be in on xbox one as well.
Nah, we just avoid you. :) I play here and there with my son and occasionally are joined by Maelstrom.

Jobber said:
James Daulton said:
rail said:
This looks ridiculously fun. In for Xbone.
Yup
Same. However, I'm waiting a few weeks until the expected DICE bugs are worked out.
Not an unreasonable approach at all, but I feel pretty strongly about getting into online shooters on day one. The "ground floor" angle matters to me more on games that are mostly or entirely online.

TLEF316 said:
Nah, we just avoid you. :) I play here and there with my son and occasionally are joined by Maelstrom.
I'm definitely in on PC. Dice botched the release of BF4 so badly I just never picked it back up. I'm hoping for a smoother roll out here.

I hate that video games are just basically made to be played online with some nerds who don't work. I just can't fit that into my life.

You have a lan?
No, it's wireless through a router.
So is this a "no" then? My son and I play TF2 against each other with bots and it's a lot of fun.Nerds, help me! I want to bond with my son by shooting at him with blasters instead of machine guns.
Almost a certain no on playing with bots locally.

Beta on PC Oct 8th to 12th. Who is in? I'm going to try, but the 3 month old baby sure is a #### when it comes to evening free time.

I hate that video games are just basically made to be played online with some nerds who don't work. I just can't fit that into my life.
You know that Star Wars: Battlefront has always been online only, right? This isn't really anything new.

You have a lan?
No, it's wireless through a router.
So is this a "no" then? My son and I play TF2 against each other with bots and it's a lot of fun.Nerds, help me! I want to bond with my son by shooting at him with blasters instead of machine guns.
I can't imagine voluntarily wanting to play a game like that with bots. Adding bots into Team Fortress Classic matches was the beginning of the end for that community. No one wanted to play on a server with bots and the servers never filled. Effectively killed the game.

95% of the player base only wants to play multiplayer against other people.

I get why casual players would be bothered by this, but it is what it is. Its the same reason that EA spends 90% of the their development resources on FIFA Ultimate team instead of the offline franchise mode. The UT microtransactions drive more revenue.

And honestly, I'm guessing the multi player on this one is going to be pretty casual-player friendly. There will be a skill-gap like with any shooter, but they want to sell this thing to the casual star wars fan.

Users who are viewing this thread