What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Non-alcoholic Beer (1 Viewer)

If NA beer tasted good, would you drink it at a bar?

• yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters

moleculo

Footballguy
I just got back from a work trip to Germany. One thing I noticed there - every bar had Non-alcoholic beer on tap, and people actually drank it. My colleague would have one beer with dinner and then 2 or NA's to keep up with me - that allowed him to continue to hang out in the bar, keep drinking, and be OK home.

I know NA beer exists here in the states, but I've never seen anyone order one in a bar....ever. I'm curious - it was a viable option here, would people drink it?

I just got back from a work trip to Germany. One thing I noticed there - every bar had Non-alcoholic beer on tap, and people actually drank it. My colleague would have one beer with dinner and then 2 or NA's to keep up with me - that allowed him to continue to hang out in the bar, keep drinking, and be OK home.

I know NA beer exists here in the states, but I've never seen anyone order one in a bar....ever. I'm curious - it was a viable option here, would people drink it?
I've seen this. Every bar in the U.S. has some sort of NA to offer, it's just that most people don't drink it. I've seen (generally) older guys order it quite a few times.

Personally, I've definitely had an NA, but probably would not drink it at a bar. Two reasons: 1) Ain't no NA like a Guinness or other good beers and 2) I've seen former alcoholics at bars fall off of the wagon starting with NAs. They start craving the real thing.

I'd rather have a Red Bull or a tonic water with lime or something like that.

I'd also likely be nowhere near a bar if I wasn't supposed to have alcohol.

I've seen this. Every bar in the U.S. has some sort of NA to offer, it's just that most people don't drink it. I've seen (generally) older guys order it quite a few times.

Personally, I've definitely had an NA, but probably would not drink it at a bar. Two reasons: 1) Ain't no NA like a Guinness or other good beers and 2) I've seen former alcoholics at bars fall off of the wagon starting with NAs. They start craving the real thing.

Yeah, if I quit drinking, I'd just drink something else rather than NA beer.

If you can't drink, you shouldn't be in a bar. I could see NA being branded not so much as a beer replacement, moreso as a "finishing" drink...as in, a good beer to end the night with so you can drive and/or not get hung over.

Users who are viewing this thread