What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Straight Pride Week at Youngstown State (1 Viewer)

Jack White

Footballguy
Hilarious satirical posters on campus.

My favorite part is the small print at the bottom:

"Brought to you by the students that are sick of hearing about your LGBT pride. Nobody cares about what you think you are, or what you want to have sex with. We have nothing against your sexual orientation. We just don't give a ####."

Slightly related, Youngstown, Ohio is the asshole of the universe.

Oh, calm down, Gary, Indiana.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nobody cares about your gay pride. Except for us. We care so much to dedicate a day during finals week to it. So ignore our first sentence."

Questioning Queer, Intersex, and Asexual. In a few years it will be the LGQBTQIAWKLDICOVNFJUDDSKFKDKKSKSFFEWA.

Nowadays if someone isn't getting laid in college rather than go get drunk and find a fattie they just create a buzzword that allows them to be a victim and get attention.

Edited to correct Urban Dictionary

Last edited by a moderator:
Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual. In a few years it will be the LGQBTQIAWKLDICOVNFJUDDSKFKDKKSKSFFEWA.

Nowadays if someone isn't getting laid in college rather than go get drunk and find a fattie they just create a buzzword that allows them to be a victim and get attention.
Dynamite drop-in, Em.

Identity politics really bring the fun on campus. Love all these guys and gals with their labels and their agendas and their differing socio-political perspectives.

Sign me up to hear your lecture you little future Aristotles; I'm nearly swooning!

How is that hate speech?
Everything Tim disagrees with is hate speech.
Don't do that.As I wrote, it's just like white pride. I don't think most people in this forum (outside of maybe Peens) would challenge labeling a white pride movement as a hate group. This is no different.
This is true. If we allow funny posters the KKK will be right behind.
I don't think "straight pride" is funny.

How is that hate speech?
Everything Tim disagrees with is hate speech.
Don't do that.As I wrote, it's just like white pride. I don't think most people in this forum (outside of maybe Peens) would challenge labeling a white pride movement as a hate group. This is no different.
This is true. If we allow funny posters the KKK will be right behind.
I don't think "straight pride" is funny.
What do you think is funny? You're not an Adam Sandler guy are you? Talk about not funny.

why is this funny one of the oldest tricks in the book when you want to keep a group you are trying to supress from rising up is to try and marginalize their efforts to gain respect and acceptance so yeah i guess yeah if you find bigotry funny than these posters are hilariouus otherwise call it what it is bigotry masquerading as humor you know old timers used to tell a lot of jokes about minorities to but it does not mean they were anything other than racism with a laugh track take that to the bank bromigos

Tim, just curious, what part of this is hate speech?

Celebrate Straight Pride Week At YSU! May 1st 8th

What better way to kick off finals week?

Join us in celebrating straight pride week at YSU by not annoying the #### out of everyone about your sexual orientation!

Its easy to join too! Just come to YSU, then go about your day without telling everyone about how different you are.

Brought to you by the students that are sick of hearing about your LGBT pride. Nobody cares about what you think you are, or what you want to have sex with. We have nothing against your sexual orientation. We just dont give a ####.

Last edited:

Join us in celebrating straight pride week at YSU by not annoying the #### out of everyone about your sexual orientation!

Its easy to join too! Just come to YSU, then go about your day without telling everyone about how different you are.

Brought to you by the students that are sick of hearing about your LGBT pride. Nobody cares about what you think you are, or what you want to have sex with. We have nothing against your sexual orientation. We just dont give a ####.
you are smarter than this brohan

The whole thing. I refer you to SWC's post directly above yours. He explained it much more succinctly than I ever could.

The whole thing. I refer you to SWC's post directly above yours. He explained it much more succinctly than I ever could.
yeah i was succinct said no one ever take that to the bank brohan

Here's a thought, if you want to be accepted as normal than maybe just maybe don't throw your sexuality out there in public and demand attention. I couldn't care less who or what you are attracted to. I support gay marriage. At the same time you don't need parades etc. Just live your life and make your choices like everyone else. We are all different in many ways. We don't need to scream LOOK AT ME for all our differences. That is the point of these posters.

They need to find the punks responsible for this and expel them. Hopefully additional staff will be brought on to help victims of the hate speech cope with their trauma.

Here's a thought, if you want to be accepted as normal than maybe just maybe don't throw your sexuality out there in public and demand attention. I couldn't care less who or what you are attracted to. I support gay marriage. At the same time you don't need parades etc. Just live your life and make your choices like everyone else. We are all different in many ways. We don't need to scream LOOK AT ME for all our differences. That is the point of these posters.
come on brohan same sex love yep love was the subject of scorn ridicule hate and supression for a hondo years they have every right to speak up just like the black community did in the sixties and since sometimes you earn the right to throw it in our faces bromigo and to be honest if you can not see that there is not a lot more to say take that to the bank

But they do.

If everyone shared your views about gays, then I would agree, parades wouldn't be necessary. But we don't live in that country. We live in a country in which intolerance towards gays is still strong. We live in a country in which teens who discover they are gay commit suicide at much higher rates than non-gays, because they think there's something wrong with them. The parades are for those kids.

I am a strong supporter of gay rights, but there's a problem when posters like this aren't allowed at a University. Tolerance works both ways. Gays need to be stronger than that, and smarter.

I am a strong supporter of gay rights, but there's a problem when posters like this aren't allowed at a University. Tolerance works both ways. Gays need to be stronger than that, and smarter.
The organizer(s) of the "event" should go through the proper university channels and acquire sanction.

This was a satirical comment/demonstration to get rubes worked up.

If a person or group of people truly believed in a straight pride event, they would have gone through the proper channels and then made a greater impact with a free speech argument when/if they were denied.

Suckers

Users who are viewing this thread