What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

was I in the wrong? (1 Viewer)

MC Gas Money

Footballguy
A little while ago my future MIL asked ne to go pick up a table that someone is throwing out about ten blocks away. Apparently its large but it has wheels.

After a long work week I dont want to go wheel around furniture through the streets on my satyrday morning.

There are at least a dozen teenage boys who hang out on the block that she knows who are friends with her nephew. I said she could go ask a couple of them and I will pay them to go get it.

She refused to ask them for some reason and I refused to go get it myself.

Im resting.

I work and I dont need to go garbage picking anymore. Those days are behind me.

Now everyones mad at me like im lazy. I worked for the money im willing to exchange for the service of carrying back the table. If that isnt good enough then what is?

Your future MIL asked you to do her a favor and you refused. Sounds like a ##### move.
You'd think someone with a 176 IQ would be smart enough to tell her he'd do it, walk down the street, tell the neighbor kids he'd pay them to do it, go to the bar to have a few drinks and watch the game while they go get it, then go home with the table in tow and be the hero.

Your future MIL asked you to do her a favor and you refused. Sounds like a ##### move.
You'd think someone with a 176 IQ would be smart enough to tell her he'd do it, walk down the street, tell the neighbor kids he'd pay them to do it, go to the bar to have a few drinks and watch the game while they go get it, then go home with the table in tow and be the hero.
If I knew the kids I would but im not about to go knocking on their doors.

If only there were professionals you could pay to move things for you.

If only there were professionals you could pay to move things for you.
Or a nephew who knew where they live.

A little while ago my future MIL asked ne to go pick up a table that someone is throwing out about ten blocks away. Apparently its large but it has wheels.

After a long work week I dont want to go wheel around furniture through the streets on my satyrday morning.

There are at least a dozen teenage boys who hang out on the block that she knows who are friends with her nephew. I said she could go ask a couple of them and I will pay them to go get it.

Im resting.

Now everyones mad at me like im lazy. I worked for the money im willing to exchange for the service of carrying back the table. If that isnt good enough then what is?
Aren't you trying to get a job as a garbageman?

Im resting.

Aren't you trying to get a job as a garbageman?
Not anymore

She let you move into her home rent free for a long time as far as you've told us when you were out of rehab and jobless.

If she asks you to lick her feet, you do it.

Im resting.

You deserve a break. How can people ask you to do stuff after working an entire week? That is just ignorant of her. You work full time!

Do you live in future MIL's house?
This is in response to you and bender.

This has absolutely no relevance to the issue. I pay rent and remodeled their kitchen for free.

Helping someone does not entitle you to demand any ridiculous request from them. Only sociopaths think that way.

Ive never helped a person and felt they ever owed me anything for it. Only a cretin believes such things.

So how restful has refusing turned out to be? Not very it seems. As stated above pick your battles. This isn't a hill worth dying on.

This is in response to you and bender.

This has absolutely no relevance to the issue. I pay rent and remodeled their kitchen for free.

Helping someone does not entitle you to demand any ridiculous request from them. Only sociopaths think that way.

Ive never helped a person and felt they ever owed me anything for it. Only a cretin believes such things.
When did you move in?

When did you start paying rent?

How much do you pay?

How often do you do chores around the house?

This is in response to you and bender.This has absolutely no relevance to the issue. I pay rent and remodeled their kitchen for free.

When did you move in?When did you start paying rent?

How much do you pay?

The answer to all of the above is....

Whatever they asked

So how restful has refusing turned out to be? Not very it seems. As stated above pick your battles. This isn't a hill worth dying on.
Its a matter of principle at this point
And what is that principle exactly? Do you expect to get married and then say well I'm not doing anything around here cause I done worked this week? Because if so you should save yourself the divorce attorney money and just not bother.

This is in response to you and bender.This has absolutely no relevance to the issue. I pay rent and remodeled their kitchen for free.

Well, as long as you only help out when it's comfortable for you to do so and/or you feel like you owe the other person then you're golden.

Its a matter of principle at this point
And what is that principle exactly? Do you expect to get married and then say well I'm not doing anything around here cause I done worked this week? Because if so you should save yourself the divorce attorney money and just not bother.
The principle is that I dont want to be seen taking someones trash so I offered to get the task done in an alternate way.

It was refused fot some reason so why do I have to be blamed?

How much do you pay?

The answer to all of the above is....

Whatever they asked
Except this time?

Based on his stated IQ, I feel like we are witnessing the last few pages of Flowers for Algernon here. It's very sad.

How much do you love your fiance? Love is about sacrifice. Doing a favors like these go a long way. If the MiL was cracking the whip every day and have you perform difficult tasks all the time I could understand being peeved. A one off favor like this is a no brainer.

How much do you pay?

The answer to all of the above is....Whatever they asked
Except this time?
This doesnt count as a chore

Psychologically I dont want to take someones garbage

How much do you love your fiance? Love is about sacrifice. Doing a favors like these go a long way. If the MiL was cracking the whip every day and have you perform difficult tasks all the time I could understand being peeved. A one off favor like this is a no brainer.
Its more just bad timing

But it was a table . . . that someone else didn't want. And everyone in the city would be looking at him. Can you imagine the humiliation?

Its more just bad timing
suck it up
If I can pay cash money for the service why should I?
Then you go do that and leave her out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread