What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wayward Pines (1 Viewer)

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
Anyone going to watch.

I'm not expecting anything close to Twin Peaks, just hoping it has a similar feel/vibe.

Plus I really like Matt Dillon.

Watched the trailer. It's M Night Shyamalan so I'll go out on a limb and say the town is controlled by aliens or ghosts.

Twin Peaks meets Lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to give it a try. Blake Crouch, the writer of the book the show is based on writes a lot of sick twisted stuff.

Gonna give it a shot based on a couple of decent reviews I've seen. I've got no other shows going on except Game Of Thrones right now, so I'm not worried about wrecking the DVR.

Someone gave M Night another shot? Good for him. It will take a lot of positive reviews before I bother. He is like a seemingly prudish girl from class you sleep with on the first date. She isn't very good looking, but she went all the way right away. It blows you away at first how far she was willing to go. After a few go arounds though, you realize that she isn't hot, smart, or all that interesting. Sure, that first time caught you off guard, but there is nowhere left to go. The sex was only good because it wasn't expected.

Someone gave M Night another shot? Good for him. It will take a lot of positive reviews before I bother. He is like a seemingly prudish girl from class you sleep with on the first date. She isn't very good looking, but she went all the way right away. It blows you away at first how far she was willing to go. After a few go arounds though, you realize that she isn't hot, smart, or all that interesting. Sure, that first time caught you off guard, but there is nowhere left to go. The sex was only good because it wasn't expected.
He's just directing, not writing, which is good.

He's just directing, not writing, which is good.
That's to be determined.

This isn't his creation. He's an executive produce and directed the first episode.

This isn't his creation. He's an executive produce and directed the first episode.
That's what she said.

Would be great if the High a School

Football Team was named the Ditchpigs

Also I was glad to see Shannyn Sossamon was in this until I saw she looked like she'd been rode hard and put away wet.

Oh and I got in a argument with my wife because she insisted Shannyn Sossamon played Vanessa on the Cosby Show

I thought it was decent; I like that it's a 10 episode series instead of something more open ended. That being said, you can kind of feel like it's going to be a disappointment at the end. There was a similar miniseries a few years back about getting stuck in a town and it also started OK. Don't remember the name of it now.

Agree with the other shows mentioned that it reminded people of...also thought of shutter island in some ways

I'm sure you are correct but I hate the guy so much I refuse to watch anything he's associated with. He's a genius, just ask him.

I thought it was decent; I like that it's a 10 episode series instead of something more open ended. That being said, you can kind of feel like it's going to be a disappointment at the end. There was a similar miniseries a few years back about getting stuck in a town and it also started OK. Don't remember the name of it now.
The book was anything but. Crafted well it should be a great series.

I thought it moved a bit too fast, to be honest. I don't know where they are stopping in the arc of the books, though.

(And Shannyn Sossamon is still smokin'. Good to see her still acting - I don't remember seeing her much since Knight's Tale).

The book was anything but. Crafted well it should be a great series.

I thought it moved a bit too fast, to be honest. I don't know where they are stopping in the arc of the books, though.

(And Shannyn Sossamon is still smokin'. Good to see her still acting - I don't remember seeing her much since Knight's Tale).
Take it to the book thread! ;)

Episode 1 was interesting enough I guess. Not sure why they made Dillon look like a zombie in some scenes.

Watching the 2nd episode now.

We had network issues during both shows so they're broken and I'm missing a lot I'm sure. Seems interesting but it's hard to follow with the program skipping like this.

Reading the first book now. Does anyone know if these 10 episodes are covering more then the first book? I am waiting to finish the book before I watch. My wife wants to read all three before watching.

Users who are viewing this thread