What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White man slammed to ground by police dies. Whites grab guns and go to (1 Viewer)

Oh c'mon the drunk initiated the encounter and nothing happens if he doesn't take a swing at a cop.

Cop tackled him and no further violence took place

Oh c'mon the drunk initiated the encounter and nothing happens if he doesn't take a swing at a cop.

Swing? The drunk was actually holding his arm up in a more defensive mode after the cops swatted away his "point". The only people that would consider that a swing are people looking for justification. Im almost always "pro cop" in these cases, but this guy wasnt a threat to anyone and the cop was looking to rough him up. All he needed was justification.

Swing? The drunk was actually holding his arm up in a more defensive mode after the cops swatted away his "point". The only people that would consider that a swing are people looking for justification. Im almost always "pro cop" in these cases, but this guy wasnt a threat to anyone and the cop was looking to rough him up. All he needed was justification.
You really need to rewatch the video.. Why would you hold your hands up in defense when someone grabs your hand?

You really need to rewatch the video.. Why would you hold your hands up in defense when someone grabs your hand?
You're right. Justified killing. The guy was probably going to take out the entire force.

Don't see how anyone can justify this.
Let me try...

According to police reports, Dehmann was arrested at 7:43 p.m. at a local elementary school for persistent disorderly conduct. He had been drinking. Once in the car, the officer says Dehmann became verbally abusive, hit the Plexiglas cage and spit on the passenger door window.

Then, at the Knox County Jail, a deputy says Dehmann became aggressive with the jail staff and attempted to hit the deputy in the face, causing that deputy to place Dehmann in a take-down hold.

The jail guards claim that the take-down was justified but they were unable to explain why death would result from an action that is now being claimed to have been legal.

He took a swing at the cop, cop takes him to the ground in one motion....:shrugs:

Tragic, but I don't see where the cop did anything excessive
Please. Nothing happens if the cop doesnt try to be a bad ###. He didnt like the guy pointing at him. The cop was the first to make contact between the two of them.
:lol:

If you walked into a lion's den would you be surprised if it ripped you to shreds after point it with a stick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me try...

According to police reports, Dehmann was arrested at 7:43 p.m. at a local elementary school for persistent disorderly conduct. He had been drinking. Once in the car, the officer says Dehmann became verbally abusive, hit the Plexiglas cage and spit on the passenger door window.

Then, at the Knox County Jail, a deputy says Dehmann became aggressive with the jail staff and attempted to hit the deputy in the face, causing that deputy to place Dehmann in a take-down hold.

The jail guards claim that the take-down was justified but they were unable to explain why death would result from an action that is now being claimed to have been legal.
ya he was a real danger....thats why he wasnt even cuffed ...what a joke...that cop could have blown on that guy and knocked him over

He took a swing at the cop, cop takes him to the ground in one motion....:shrugs:

Please. Nothing happens if the cop doesnt try to be a bad ###. He didnt like the guy pointing at him. The cop was the first to make contact between the two of them.

If you walked into a lion's den would you be surprised if it ripped you to shreds after point it with a stick?
and herein lies the problem...he wasnt in a lions den...he was in a police station...wow

and herein lies the problem...he wasnt in a lions den...he was in a police station...wow
If you know anything about cops, he walked into a lion's den.

Let me try...

I saw the video. You bolded the wrong part, I fixed that.

People need to learn, if you #### with the Po-lice you may die. Pretty simple concept really.
Is that really the kind of power you want the police to have? A guy is dead because he pointed at a cop. The cop assulted the guy before anything else happened. He had no reason to grab the guy's arm. Its pretty clear to anyone with common sense that the guy wasnt a threat.

Appeared to me that the guy just wanted to be a huggy, touchy drunk. Myself, I am not fond of touchy drunks, unless they are hot women suffering self esteem issues.

Appeared to me that the guy just wanted to be a huggy, touchy drunk. Myself, I am not fond of touchy drunks, unless they are hot women suffering self esteem issues.
It appeared to me that he was capable of decapitating a dozen cops with his bare hands. Good thing he was laid to rest.

People need to learn, if you #### with the Po-lice you may die. Pretty simple concept really.
Is that really the kind of power you want the police to have? A guy is dead because he pointed at a cop. The cop assulted the guy before anything else happened. He had no reason to grab the guy's arm. Its pretty clear to anyone with common sense that the guy wasnt a threat.
again...the cops didnt even feel the need to have him handcuffed

It's not a power I WANT them to have, it's a power they DO have.

Be smart when dealing with them.

I understand the sentiment. I dont think the guy was in any state to be smart...or threatening.

If you know anything about cops, he walked into a lion's den.
So in this analogy, cops are wild animals who can be expected to kill humans on a whim?
Cops pursued a career as an authority figure and trained in the art of forcefully subduing people. 99 out of 100 cops may understand the responsibility of this and exercise restraint but all it takes is that one guy who thinks it's bad### to be a cop and is having a rough day to end up dead after antagonizing him.

I understand the sentiment. I dont think the guy was in any state to be smart...or threatening.
If he was they would have kept him cuffed.

:lmao:

:fishing:

All I can say is this; if that cop was threatened, he's the biggest ##### in the room...and that includes the fatass woman.

Cjw_55106 said:
Rove! said:
Cjw_55106 said:
Rove! said:

All I can say is this; if that cop was threatened, he's the biggest ##### in the room...and that includes the fatass woman.
Last time I checked you probably don't want to swing at a cop while in jail...especially if you have glass bones(most people don't die from a take down).

Did the cop use excessive force? Yes, he did.

Did the cop intend to kill him? No, he did not.

What should the consequences be? The cop should be fired and stripped of the right to ever be in law enforcement.

What should the consequences be? The cop should be fired and stripped of the right to ever be in law enforcement.
That hot head doesn't deserve to wear a badge because he's a hothead, not because he didn't mean to kill a man. He's got that other dude by at least 40 lbs, nearly a foot taller and sober.

Part of being a good cop is knowing how to deal with jackasses. I'm a big believer in being cooperative with the police and I'm usually of the opinion that people who cooperate don't get shot or abused by police.

That hot head doesn't deserve to wear a badge because he's a hothead, not because he didn't mean to kill a man. He's got that other dude by at least 40 lbs, nearly a foot taller and sober.

Part of being a good cop is knowing how to deal with jackasses. I'm a big believer in being cooperative with the police and I'm usually of the opinion that people who cooperate don't get shot or abused by police.
so now a cop is supposed to let people take swings at them if they're smaller? that's completely effed up

so now a cop is supposed to let people take swings at them if they're smaller? that's completely effed up
the cop hit the drunk guys hand first...he pointed at the woman cop and she just laughed it off ...the tough guy cop had to suplex the drunk guy because ...well because he could

OK, I just watched the video. The other cops are all joking around with the guy. The big guy is letting the guy "pat" him on the arms, and the guy even tries to hug the "big guy!" This guy showed no threat to anyone.

With that being said, the cop that slammed the guy didn't mean to kill him I don't think, BUT!!! I agree anyone with this type of temper doesn't belong in law enforcement. Once the policeman had the guy wrapped up, did he need to slam him on the ground? I say no, it was excessive and not warranted.

Users who are viewing this thread