What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

80's Deep Cut One Hit Wonders (1 Viewer)

John Bender

Footballguy
Beyond the One Hit Wonders that get mentioned and added to every 80's One Hit Wonder Compilation, looking for deeper cuts from the 80s that are generally "one hit wonders"

For example: everyone knows "Too Shy" and "Safety Dance" and "Take On Me", etc...

Looking for songs that are deeper cuts for a playlist (TIA)

My submissions:

Taco - Puttin On The Ritz

Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

Animotion - Obsession

Edit: In hindsight, this is probably in the "everybody knows that one" category.
This was a good pick

To be clear, everyone might recognize it (I did), but would have never thought to search it out and put it on such a playlist. Much like when I heard Tarzan Boy the other week for the first time in about 20 years. Just trying to get away from the stuff generally put on these 80s compilations that I mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to get away from the stuff generally put on these 80s compilations that I mentioned above.
Looking for just one-hit wonders? Or perhaps more obscure bands that didn't quite make it? If so, I recommend XTC. Big fan of "Dear God".
I'll consider all for the playlist. Like I said, looking for stuff I've heard before but would never seek out for such a playlist because it's damn near impossible to remember.

See, I guess this is all relative. I've heard this song hundreds of times.
So you want us to list songs that you haven't heard?

Wouldn't it be easier for you to provide a list of songs you haven't heard?
:lol: How could that possibly be any easier? I said it's all relative, peckerhead. This is my playlist...make a submission and I'll tell you if it's a go or not.

But it sounds like you know your music.... the general public may not have ever heard of this or may have a vague recollection.

I made a "Big Country" reference on another board and literally half the morons in there had no idea what I was talking about.
I agree with this - you put that Big Country song on the list, and you'll hear a lot of "wow, I haven't thought about that song in 30 years"

But it sounds like you know your music.... the general public may not have ever heard of this or may have a vague recollection.

I made a "Big Country" reference on another board and literally half the morons in there had no idea what I was talking about.
I mean, I'd put Taco's Puttin' on the Ritz in the same tier as the ones I submitted. :2cents:

Zot - Uranium

If you include the video, this is basically the quintessential 80's one-hit track: Pretty boy singer, abstractly patterned clothing in tertiary colors, bad "dramatic" lighting, rudimentary computer effects, token black guy on bass(with requisite headband), gratuitous backflip, closeups of guitar riffs, tons of big hair, etc, etc.

I think a lot of these will be songs that you couldn't name off the top of your head, but as soon as you hear them you could likely repeat the lyrics or the hook.

Gary Numan - Cars

Users who are viewing this thread