What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whatever Happened To Dennis Franz? (1 Viewer)

Encyclopedia Brown

Footballguy
DirecTV runs "NYPD Blue" all across its Audience Channels. The series finale was in March of 2005. I couldn't think of anything I had seen him in, and sure enough, at imdb his last screen credit is the last episode of the series.

Nothing in ten years. No cameos, no guest-starring role. I don't think he has even done a talk show. Google turns up nothing about health problems.

When Gene Hackman and Bridget Fonda decided to retire, they announced it to the world. Maybe Franz took the quiet route.

DirecTV runs "NYPD Blue" all across its Audience Channels. The series finale was in March of 2005. I couldn't think of anything I had seen him in, and sure enough, at imdb his last screen credit is the last episode of the series.

Nothing in ten years. No cameos, no guest-starring role. I don't think he has even done a talk show. Google turns up nothing about health problems.

When Gene Hackman and Bridget Fonda decided to retire, they announced it to the world. Maybe Franz took the quiet route.
Sounds like livin' the good life..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zillow/2013/06/11/dennis-franzs-santa-barbara-estate-listed/

Can't say for sure but he probably just made ton o cash from blue and just wanted to be retired and away from Hollywood

Can't say for sure but he probably just made ton o cash from blue and just wanted to be retired and away from Hollywood
Yup, smart man. He's probably somewhere now with a fishing pole in one hand and a beer in the other.

Marge: Homer, I don't think you should wear a short-sleeve shirt with a tie.

Homer: Ohhh, but Sipowicz does it.

Marge: If Detective Sipowicz jumped off a cliff, would you do that too?

Homer: (as he walks away) Ohhh, I wish I was Sipowicz.

I've been watching the series again on Audience. I love Dennis Franz ... one of my favorite actors. It seems that he is enjoying his retirement. Good for him!

Saw an episode of NYPD Blue today, and remembered this thread. Did a search, and wouldn't you know it, just today an interview was published.

Essentially, he rode off into the sunset to enjoy life, travel, his family, etc.

Saw an episode of NYPD Blue today, and remembered this thread. Did a search, and wouldn't you know it, just today an interview was published.

Essentially, he rode off into the sunset to enjoy life, travel, his family, etc.
Sounds like he has it figured out. Good for him.

That was a fun read. And I never even watched an episode of the show.

Fantastic find!!!!!!!! :thanks:

One of my all-time favorite characters on one of my all-time favorite shows. And Dennis Franz is and always has been a total class act. Love the interview. He's still watching dramatic TV! (And realizes that there aren't enough hours in the day to watch everything good, a sentiment with which I couldn't agree more.) Selfishly I wish he'd do a guest spot on some high-quality show just to see his amazing acting again, but I am so glad he took the richly deserved bank he made and is living the high life. Sounds awesome. :thumbup:

(I really enjoyed the clips from the article too - there's a show that I need to rewatch from beginning to end.)

With 4 Emmys, you would think he could 'politely' ask to be on Game of Thrones. I'm sure they would give him a bit part at least!

Glad to hear he is happy and well. I always loved his work and I am glad to see it has earned him this time to do just what the hell he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread