What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If You Have a Young Son, You Should Listen to this Song (1 Viewer)

I taughty oldest most of the words to The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends by Robert Earl Keen. That's a song about livin'.

that little kid should get a job brohan so that he can get some real cash in hand and then buy a good weekend with his dad kids are lazy as hell nowadays take that to the bank bromigos

Take some sappy story, add some twangy voice, and voila! A country song

Momma should have had a verse:

Listen you little ####. Daddy lied when he said he would pull out and I am for sure not taking it in my ### or mouth so if he would have just put the condom on you wouldn't be here, I would have had a job too, and then you could have come along later down the line and maybe, just maybe, daddy could take a little time off. But it didn't happen that way so unless you want us living on the street, shut up, go play with your toys, and leave mommy alone while she has another chardonnay while watching The Price is Right

If it's contempory country I'll pass. I only like classic country. I do enjoy the "saving country music" blog.

Clearly not a country crowd in here! Even if you don't like the song itself, I can't imagine how the lyrics wouldn't resonate with any busy father who wishes he could spend more time with his son (or daughter). The delivery may be cheesy, but the lyrics and message are something I think every Dad should appreciate, country fan or not. It's easy to get distracted by the demands of our busy lives. Working too much, constant yardwork, projects around the house, etc. We do it all to provide a good life for our family, and it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing of all, which is simply spending meaningful time with our kids. This song is a nice reminder that we as Dads need to make sure we make it a priority to spend more time with our kids, because to them that's the most important thing of all.

It's easy to get distracted by the demands of our busy lives. Working too much, constant yardwork, projects around the house, etc. We do it all to provide a good life for our family, and it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing of all, which is simply spending meaningful time with our kids. This song is a nice reminder that we as Dads need to make sure we make it a priority to spend more time with our kids, because to them that's the most important thing of all.
See, now you could've just posted this, which almost everyone agrees with, and moved on, or just posted the lyrics.

The song is terrible, but the lyrics resonate well.

Clearly not a country crowd in here! Even if you don't like the song itself, I can't imagine how the lyrics wouldn't resonate with any busy father who wishes he could spend more time with his son (or daughter). The delivery may be cheesy, but the lyrics and message are something I think every Dad should appreciate, country fan or not. It's easy to get distracted by the demands of our busy lives. Working too much, constant yardwork, projects around the house, etc. We do it all to provide a good life for our family, and it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing of all, which is simply spending meaningful time with our kids. This song is a nice reminder that we as Dads need to make sure we make it a priority to spend more time with our kids, because to them that's the most important thing of all.
I dont mind country music, but thought the song sounded bad. The song doesnt resonate with me. I wish I had more time, but I am with at least one of my kids every day starting from the time I pick them up from school until they go to bed.

It's easy to get distracted by the demands of our busy lives. Working too much, constant yardwork, projects around the house, etc. We do it all to provide a good life for our family, and it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing of all, which is simply spending meaningful time with our kids. This song is a nice reminder that we as Dads need to make sure we make it a priority to spend more time with our kids, because to them that's the most important thing of all.
See, now you could've just posted this, which almost everyone agrees with, and moved on, or just posted the lyrics.

I respectfully disagree. I think the lyrics resonate more through this song than had I just posted the lyrics. Even if you hated the song the lyrics will resonate longer than had you read them. I also don't think it's a terrible song. I think the lyrics make it a great, simple, country song with a terrific message. It's too bad more of you can't appreciate it. For me, hearing it yesterday morning while working out made me appreciate and look forward to spending time with my son (and daughter) for the rest of the day a little more than I normally would. Anytime a song can have an impact like that it's a great song. To me, anyway.

I dont mind country music, but thought the song sounded bad. The song doesnt resonate with me. I wish I had more time, but I am with at least one of my kids every day starting from the time I pick them up from school until they go to bed.
Me too, I'm a full time Dad. I'm by no means judging you at all, but there's a difference between "being with" and "spending quality time with" your kids. I think sometimes our kids notice the difference when we do not. Again, that's not directed at you, I don't know you at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was obvious that the point of the original post was for busy dads to hear the message of the lyrics, not to share with everyone the greatest song in the world. It's interesting, and disappointing to be honest, that all everyone wants to comment about is how bad the song is while mostly ignoring the message.

Someone could convey to me the truth about the universe, the afterlife and verify the existence of God, but I probably wouldn't hear it if sounded like a hyena being raped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was obvious that the point of the original post was for busy dads to hear the message of the lyrics, not to share with everyone the greatest song in the world. It's interesting, and disappointing to be honest, that all everyone wants to comment about is how bad the song is while mostly ignoring the message.
Perhaps next time just post the lyrics.

most were personally acquainted with the message by the age of five or so

Satch, baby, this hole is deep enough. Stop digging.
Yeah, I don't know why I bothered in the first place. Like I said, more disappointing than anything but not surprising in hind sight. Hoped the song might have a positive effect on other Dads like me, but if not so be it. Doesn't change how I feel about it which makes me the lucky one I guess.

satch said:
CBusAlex said:
Yeah, I don't know why I bothered in the first place. Like I said, more disappointing than anything but not surprising in hind sight. Hoped the song might have a positive effect on other Dads like me, but if not so be it.
zamboni said:
Juxtatarot said:
Thought it was going to be this song.
I think we all did.
Why even bother making a father/son song after that?

satch said:
CBusAlex said:
Yeah, I don't know why I bothered in the first place. Like I said, more disappointing than anything but not surprising in hind sight. Hoped the song might have a positive effect on other Dads like me, but if not so be it. Doesn't change how I feel about it which makes me the lucky one I guess.
I appreciated it. You should know by now though that this board is mostly middle aged Yankees/Midwesterners/WestCoasters who hate country music. I'm sure Radiohead or Rush have a song about being a good parent, go with that next time.

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:

I respectfully disagree. I think the lyrics resonate more through this song than had I just posted the lyrics. Even if you hated the song the lyrics will resonate longer than had you read them. I also don't think it's a terrible song. I think the lyrics make it a great, simple, country song with a terrific message. It's too bad more of you can't appreciate it. For me, hearing it yesterday morning while working out made me appreciate and look forward to spending time with my son (and daughter) for the rest of the day a little more than I normally would. Anytime a song can have an impact like that it's a great song. To me, anyway.
You work out to that song?

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:

Why did it take a song to do this?

It is a terrible song

You seriously work out to this song? Where, at Curves?

Users who are viewing this thread