What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texas rising (1 Viewer)

rascal

Footballguy
Thought there was a thread somewhere, but the search function is awful.

The first episode was bad, but I'll give it one more episode.

It wasn't bad except the topography is all wrong. Gonzales doesn't have a bluff like that within 100 miles.

Replaying episodes 1 and 2 on Sunday twice, in case anybody missed them that was interested, episode 3 finale next Monday.

<apologies to the ol' swc'er>caught a few minutes of an episode last night where a kid took a piece of wood to the brain via his eye, his buddy looked all hero taking off to get help hanging off the side of the horse for protection with everybody all woo effffffin woooooo hooooo go bro dog then he got rightside up and immediately was shot like 15 times. then diane lane's unfaithful dude was in a bathtub with some saucy colored who brought her own opium and he's all "JEROME! Bring me my pipe!" and something about roses and getting pricked by thorns and she's all the only thing getting pricked tonight is me. IN.

The topography is ruining it. It looks like they filmed the whole thing out by Fort Davis which bears absolutely no resemblence to east Texas.

The topography is ruining it. It looks like they filmed the whole thing out by Fort Davis which bears absolutely no resemblence to east Texas.
don't get me started on homeland being filmed in charlotte.
It really is night and day. It would be like filming the next Pirates of the Caribbean on the Colorado river and saying, "I'm sure no one will notice."

I just watched the first episode. I was a little let down. I was expecting more and I really like Bill Paxton.

don't get me started on homeland being filmed in charlotte.
It really is night and day. It would be like filming the next Pirates of the Caribbean on the Colorado river and saying, "I'm sure no one will notice."
I remember an old Fox show, "Drive", that was filmed out in California when they were supposed to be driving up I-75 in central Florida. The scene was pure barren desert with a big mountain in the background. I-75 in central Florida is nothing but lush green trees without even a small hill for hundreds of miles.

Nigel Tufnel said:
On a positive note, Crispin Glover's crazy prospector impression is spot on.
I'll always associate him with and remember him for two things - the father on Back to the Future, and his infamous first Letterman appearance*, when he appeared to either be on something a lot harder than Vicks NyQuil, or engaged in a not well received Andy Kaufman-like performance art piece (if he is surrounded by the Mexican army, he is strong and can kick!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel Tufnel said:
On a positive note, Crispin Glover's crazy prospector impression is spot on.
I'll always associate him with and remember him for two things - the father on Back to the Future, and his infamous first Letterman appearance, when he appeared to either be on something a lot harder than Vicks NyQuil, or engaged in a not well received Andy Kaufman-like performance art piece (if he is surrounded by the Mexican army, he is strong and can kick!).

Same.

Users who are viewing this thread