What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

YouTube Musician Thread (1 Viewer)

tom22406

Footballguy
Basically this thread(did a search and didn't find anything)is for Youtube musicians that you find yourself enjoying from time to time.

I find myself searching guitar players the most but also get into any good musician that I may run into of all different styles.

I'll start with a few guitar players I have been digging lately.

Keith Merrow-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owArsqc3OFg

Metal is his game and he's pretty damn good.

Andy James-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjX6xkLfzpI

Another solid metal player

Myles Stefan-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50S02L4La6U

Love his style and feel.

Lyle Watt-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKc_umhyyyE

I'm leaving out a ton of bigger named guys here but feel free to share anything you find.Could be a really good thread or just flop,it's up to you to share some of the good ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a collection of musicians...Playing For Change. This is a blending of street musicians from around the world. Here is a their version of Stand By Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM&list=PLC0A6F2B5A9E6A80D

I love hearing the blend of styles from around the world come together. There is a bunch of their work on youtube you can sift through, but if you want to get right to the source, go here: http://playingforchange.com/episodes/ The first "episode" (at the bottom of the page) describes the inspiration behind the movement.

NP. We've done a lot of Masse in these threads over the years.He just uploaded an acoustic version of "No Excuses" if you like Alice in Chains. So good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJ5clk-Cug

3 Man harmonies that sound like heaven
Jesus that's so good.

Few questions:

Been toying around for a while with starting my own channel just updated weekly with cover songs done on the piano (or guitar)

In most cases, it would be just piano, no singing. I'm having a mid life crisis these days and want to do something with the years of my life I've spent learning piano and guitar as opposed to just hopping from local pub band to pub band. Or is this sort of thing just self-indulgent narcissism?

I assume to have a channel with any reasonable success, I'll need to have a good sounding production and probably have to record myself playing and not just show my hands and some piano keys?

Does anyone know the best way to capture audio directly from a midi or usb piano output as well as the video with an iPAD or do I have to record separately and probably edit them together?

What about a guitar cover or two? I assume recorded straight out of the amplifier is a no go?

How about the type of music? Anything that I can put an interesting take on? I do a nice piano blues version of "My Prerogative" that I arranged on my own, but play everything from Guns N Roses to Backstreet Boys to Whitney Houston to Laura Nyro to Temple of the Dog. I just play stuff I like and arrange it the way I think it sounds good.

Suggestions or encouragement welcome.

Few questions:

Been toying around for a while with starting my own channel just updated weekly with cover songs done on the piano (or guitar)

In most cases, it would be just piano, no singing. I'm having a mid life crisis these days and want to do something with the years of my life I've spent learning piano and guitar as opposed to just hopping from local pub band to pub band. Or is this sort of thing just self-indulgent narcissism?

I assume to have a channel with any reasonable success, I'll need to have a good sounding production and probably have to record myself playing and not just show my hands and some piano keys?

Does anyone know the best way to capture audio directly from a midi or usb piano output as well as the video with an iPAD or do I have to record separately and probably edit them together?

What about a guitar cover or two? I assume recorded straight out of the amplifier is a no go?

How about the type of music? Anything that I can put an interesting take on? I do a nice piano blues version of "My Prerogative" that I arranged on my own, but play everything from Guns N Roses to Backstreet Boys to Whitney Houston to Laura Nyro to Temple of the Dog. I just play stuff I like and arrange it the way I think it sounds good.

I really don't have any experience in doing this but I would say to just throw up different things and see how people react to them.You will always have trolls so be prepared for that but otherwise don't let them #### on your parade and just do what you love doing.I would maybe suggest going to other musician's postings and asking questions that way,some really don't mind responding to these types of things and you might get some helpful hints in the process.

I would also ask that you post anything you do in this thread so we can follow along and give you ideas as well.Best of luck and have fun with it.

Few questions:

I really don't have any experience in doing this but I would say to just throw up different things and see how people react to them.You will always have trolls so be prepared for that but otherwise don't let them #### on your parade and just do what you love doing.I would maybe suggest going to other musician's postings and asking questions that way,some really don't mind responding to these types of things and you might get some helpful hints in the process.

I would also ask that you post anything you do in this thread so we can follow along and give you ideas as well.Best of luck and have fun with it.
Thanks - I bought the Audio equipment necessary this weekend.

Will keep thread posted.

Few questions:

I really don't have any experience in doing this but I would say to just throw up different things and see how people react to them.You will always have trolls so be prepared for that but otherwise don't let them #### on your parade and just do what you love doing.I would maybe suggest going to other musician's postings and asking questions that way,some really don't mind responding to these types of things and you might get some helpful hints in the process.I would also ask that you post anything you do in this thread so we can follow along and give you ideas as well.Best of luck and have fun with it.
Thanks - I bought the Audio equipment necessary this weekend.Will keep thread posted.
Cool! I'll definitely watch your videos.

Few questions:

I really don't have any experience in doing this but I would say to just throw up different things and see how people react to them.You will always have trolls so be prepared for that but otherwise don't let them #### on your parade and just do what you love doing.I would maybe suggest going to other musician's postings and asking questions that way,some really don't mind responding to these types of things and you might get some helpful hints in the process.I would also ask that you post anything you do in this thread so we can follow along and give you ideas as well.Best of luck and have fun with it.
Thanks - I bought the Audio equipment necessary this weekend.Will keep thread posted.
:blackdot:

He just uploaded an acoustic version of "No Excuses" if you like Alice in Chains. So good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJ5clk-Cug

3 Man harmonies that sound like heaven
Just got around to seeing this. Damn, just when you think Masse has peaked, he comes up with another amazing gem.

Such a shame that talentless hacks make it all the time in the business, and Masse and his cohorts get stuck in pizza places. Saw on his FB page though that he and Jeff Hall are taking their show on the road in London. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread