What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sense8 - New Netflix series...Anybody watching? (1 Viewer)

badmojo1006

Footballguy
It is a very frustrating watch. 5 episodes in and it has some brilliant scenes (Van Damme channeling Sun and Will recovering the money, or the sing-a-long to "What's going on") but then crap crap crap crap. And I am guessing Nomi will be the key, but she/he is just not compelling to me.

I will watch to the end, just to see what's going on

I read a bunch of reviews. Most of them are lukewarm at best. Not sure if I'm going to watch it or not. Not impressed with any of the Wachowski's work since the original Matrix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 8. Finally they are working together and freed Nomi. But no explanation of how it works, why it works, what is its purpose.

And WTF with that orgy???

If you dig the Wachowski's weirder stuff like Cloud Atlas, you'll enjoy it. If you hated Cloud Atlas, you'll hate this. It's also REALLY slow. I'm on episode 10 (of 12) and the plot still feels slow as ####.

Also, probably the most dudes hanging dong that I've seen in a show. Amount of sex shown surpasses HBO levels.

If you dig the Wachowski's weirder stuff like Cloud Atlas, you'll enjoy it. If you hated Cloud Atlas, you'll hate this. It's also REALLY slow. I'm on episode 10 (of 12) and the plot still feels slow as ####.
I just finished episode 9 and I can think of 4 scenes that really stand out

1. Bollywood Dance at the rehearsal dinner

2. Van Damme channeling Will and Sun to get the money back

3. Sing-a-long to "What's going on"

4. The group finally coming together to free Komi from Dr.Friendman(sp)

Other than those scenes, my reaction is :wall: :rolleyes:

I will watch to the end, because I am a masochist and I want to see where it ends

Arrgh :wall:

I really thought Episode 10 was going to be the turning point. We see all of them at the same place

The Holocaust Memorial. Should have been done way earlier
, was very cool. Then saw

Lito and Wolfgang using each others bodies to get what the other needed. The Rocket launcher was a cool touch.
Then all of them

inhabiting Riley's body at the symphony, that was a great touch. But why in the hell did we see all their births? It was July 4th. Not August 8th which is when they were all born.

I'd give the whole season a B-. Payoff is good and I am actually looking forward to season 2 if they continue on this way and not the BS from earlier in the season.

Final shot got me, seeing them all together. I think it would have been better if it was on the Van Damn.

Best scene: Wolfgang telling Kala why she had to marry Rajan and just before that when he showed her why.

Oof just suffered through ep 1 a few nights ago and then ep 2 last night was a bit better.

Such a schizophrenic show - based on your comments it gets no better I'm out.

I tried, I really tried, but I couldn't get past the first episode. The nurse refusing to treat a kid with a gunshot wound and explaining the hospital's budgetary concerns while he's bleeding out in a cop's arms was the final straw.

I tried, I really tried, but I couldn't get past the first episode. The nurse refusing to treat a kid with a gunshot wound and explaining the hospital's budgetary concerns while he's bleeding out in a cop's arms was the final straw.
Maybe it was in the next episode, but the hospital did treat him and the cop and the kid became friends

My question is, is Nomi full woman or does she have something down there that is functional?
Hasn't had the bits since 2003.

Is it ignorant of me if I believe trans gender men are gay men who just like how women dress and act? Reading that article makes it seem like her type is in the closet gay men:

He (guy named Ryan she dated post-op) noted that he falls into a certain category of New York guy. “I think it goes back to the 1970s, to David Bowie. It’s kind of like a glam kind of idea,” he said. “You have these artists that are these kind of sexy guys, but they’re really identified as straight. They tend to be artists or nightlife people who kind of flourish in the sexually ambiguous New York underground. Guys who wear guy-liner and tight clothing and are aesthetically minded. They hang out at parties like Trash and NC-17, which is the basement of Lit on Thursdays.”

Tried it. Sex scenes seemed so over the top, was distracting from the story. Going through Marco Polo now, may give it another try... Only got 2-3 episodes in.

4 or so in... still likimg it. Saw that Tom Tykwer directed the last one we watched- big fan of his. can't help but feel that LGBT thing is a little over the top and a direct correlation with the Wachowski that transitioned... a bit too much "nobody understands me" in a HS kind of way... but so far doesn't really get too in the way of the overall story. I am a bit worried that as they get more into whatever the hell the "conspiracy" is, that the bottom will fall out of this. but for now- completely in and enjoying it.

Without a doubt one of the best things I've seen in a long long time.

The buildup is perfect. Slow at the start but what a payoff.

Once they start working together and interacting, truly phenomenal.

Just enough of the overarching mythology, more of the characters.

Cinematography and direction are amazing

Fantastic.

Can't wait for season 2

I came late to this show (didn't have Netflix until my daughter gave me a Netflix gift card at Christmas), But I really liked this series.

Did any of you see the  2hr holiday episode released in December titled "Happy F'n New Year". It spans from their birthday celebrations (Aug 8th) through

A new Years celebration.  Am really awaiting the new season to be released in May.

I came late to this show (didn't have Netflix until my daughter gave me a Netflix gift card at Christmas), But I really liked this series.

Did any of you see the  2hr holiday episode released in December titled "Happy F'n New Year". It spans from their birthday celebrations (Aug 8th) through

A new Years celebration.  Am really awaiting the new season to be released in May.
I was disappointed in the opener. Feel like the writing and acting (selectively) is weak, which distracts from an interesting concept. It suffers from wacgowski overwroughtness

I liked it except for the overdose of montages (clearly feedback on season 1 said people liked them ... but too much of a good thing is not a good thing)

Watched S2.01 and thought it was a good start.  A lot of 'table setting' but like the direction they're headed.

We're two into S2... the writing is so ham handed, it's hard for me to get too involved, in spite of an interesting story and fantastic locations. There's a giant range of acting abilities too, which gets distracting.

Hmmmm.  So is it worth watching at 2 seasons? I had it in the queue. Does it conclude?
we're half-way through S2... I highly doubt there's any conclusion other than "you just don't understand... gay and trans people are people too".

kinda too bad- there's some good stuff in here this season, but some really bad as well. given the creators- shouldn't be a surprise; I mentioned it somewhere- the series is everything good and bad about the wachowskis. but considering they were spending GoT $$ to make this, I don't blame them for pulling the plug.

Also, probably the most dudes hanging dong that I've seen in a show. Amount of sex shown surpasses HBO levels.
Did you ever see Spartacus on Starz?  Great show but the naked dudes were way too much.  More than even that?

Users who are viewing this thread