What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This happened to me at Chipolte...CHIPOTLE RESPONDS, POST 180 (1 Viewer)

What would you have done?

• I wouldn't have said anything and just eaten it

Votes: 27 16.7%
  • I would have had them remake the burrito

Votes: 52 32.1%
  • I would have complained to the manager

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • I would have just left

Votes: 40 24.7%
  • I would have put the lime in the coconut

Votes: 26 16.0%

• Total voters

Willie Neslon

Footballguy
(Before I begin the story let me say that Put the Lime in the Coconut was playing over and over while i was waiting. The audio system was broken or skipping or something and it was just that song over and over in the 10-15 minutes I was in line so when i got up to the front I was already going a little nuts. I'm not sure if you've ever heard that song but if you were going to pick a song to listen to over and over and over this song would be at or very near the bottom of the list.)

(Also, before I begin the story i will save some of you the time and you can just copy and paste these if you like:

cool story bro

tl;dr

yeah, nobody cares

should have gone to Chic-fil-a to begin with )

I went to Chipotle right around the lunch rush, I had a craving for a burrito and hadn't been in a while. The place was way understaffed, especially for the size of the line and it looked like they had a big phone order to complete which made it last even longer. It took a good 15 minutes to get to the front. I'm watching this kid who is working in the first position. Probably about 20 or so. He is sweating. He is bossing around the other workers on the line and occasionally switching positions with them when they didn't do something up to his standards. He's working at breakneck speed, way too fast. Dumping the items on the burritos and bowls in milliseconds. No care for centering the items on the tortilla or getting them all into the bowl. It was funny to watch him and he made the time go a little faster. Just the sheer absurdity at the speed he was working. "What kind of rice?" "White." And the white rice would be in the bowl before the customer made the T sound in white.

I finally make it close to the front. The guy ahead of me had a big order (of course) and one of the items is a quesadilla. He wants chicken. So speedy Gonzalez puts a spoonful of the chicken on the bottom half of a tortilla and then proceeds to spread it around using his hands which are covered with latex gloves. He's got chicken juice all over the gloves now. Then he goes over to the cheese and grabs a handful with the chicken juice covered glove. Maybe that wouldn't bother some people but it bothered me. He has contaminated the cheese. I don't get cheese anyway. I let it go.

Finally it is my turn. i want a burrito. He heats the tortilla for maybe a second, whips the tortilla out with his chicken grease gloves and asks what kind of rice and beans. They are on there almost instantly. I ask for steak and it is on there in a flash. Now the female employee at the end of the work line is having trouble rolling one of the burritos. The tortilla has broken due to too much stuff inside. She alerts Speedy Gonzalez who barks at her to switch places and he'll take care of it. He brings with him a second tortilla and double wraps. Problem solved. The quesadilla customer in front of me is now having his order finished up. The quesadilla has been forgotten about, left too long in the tortilla heater and comes out smoking. Speedy doesn't care and just wraps it up and shoves it toward the register. Now Speedy is on to my burrito.

I get my salsa, some guacamole, some lettuce and it's now time for him to wrap it. He folds, flips and begins to roll but there is some debris (beans, rice, lettuce) in the foil, due to Speedy rushing the whole thing. He holds the partially rolled burrito with his left hand, with his right hand he grabs the garbage pail near him and moves it closer. All four of his chicken grease latex fingers are inside the garbage bin, thumb on the outside. After moving the bin he uses the same hand to discard the debris on the foil, puts his hand back on the burrito and finishes rolling. I stop him. "Excuse me, you just grabbed the garbage bin with your right hand and now you have that same hand on my food." He denies it! He tells me he kicked the bin closer. I saw the whole thing and tell him I'm 100% sure i saw his fingers on the inside of the garbage pail. (The garbage was fairly full or discarded food and napkins.) He asks me what i want him to do. I say don't worry about it, tell him I don't want it and just walk out. I ended up grabbing Chic-fil-a for the first time in a while. Didn't want to do that but I was pressed for time and starving.

Well, that's it. Thanks guys. Remember there are some copy and paste-able reply options for you right there at the top if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have walked out too but only after throwing whatever change I had in my pocket on the floor and saying "that should cover a full hour's work for you, Colby".

See that sign? It says 100% money back guarantee. Do you know the meaning of the world guarantee? Do they teach you that here? Give me my money back. Brad.

But did you follow the script? The script gives you specific step by step instructions of what to do here. You go off-script and anything can happen!

You see, starvin Marvin, this guy was taking food out of the huge buckets with all the food in them, and then he put too much food in the food, so the food literally burst at the seams and the only way to fix it was to wrap it in more food. Then he spilled food next to my food and had to get the can where he throws away all the extra food. So I made him throw away my food because he touched the throw away food and then I went and got more food.

Went to Chipotle last night for the first time in a while. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with their service. For the record, my first choice was a local taco truck that has amazing food, but it wasn't parked in its usual spot, so I went to Chipotle.

Each time it seems I am hit by one of the following at Chipotle:

-line out the door

-Call in orders being filled putting the entire line of waiting customer on hold (this wouldn't bother me if they had a good system, but the one time I emailed in an order, even after waiting 15 minutes to leave my house, I had to wait for it to be filled longer than the people waiting in line).

-They are out of something important (guac, steak) with no signs posted, so you don't know until you've waited in line for however long

-Getting close to the front and they decide its time to swap out food and clean the workstation (this needs to be done but always seems to happen when I'm finally two people from the front

-Workers don't listen and put something on I didn't say I wanted

-inconsistent amount of topings (they seem to give more meat to the customers they know, while short changing others)

Got hit by multiple issues above yesterday. Won't be back for a while.

I voted to leave, but I'd follow it up with an email to the store...hoping to get something for free. I wasn't there, but I wouldn't worry about chicken fingers touching other stuff as it probably wasn't raw chicken.

I voted to leave, but I'd follow it up with an email to the store...hoping to get something for free. I wasn't there, but I wouldn't worry about chicken fingers touching other stuff as it probably wasn't raw chicken.
I hear you. i just think the whole latex glove thing is a sham anyway. They're touching everything and anything with those gloves. What difference does it make if it's the gloves or their fingers when they touch your food?

That garbage bin was probably full of dung, AIDS needles and dried hippo blood. Definitely not full of broken tortillas from 20 minutes earlier and excess lettuce. Good call.

That garbage bin was probably full of dung, AIDS needles and dried hippo blood. Definitely not full of broken tortillas from 20 minutes earlier and excess lettuce. Good call.
It's a garbage pail. it's got bacteria in it. I'm sure the toilet seat in the employee bathroom is fairly clean but I don't want someone doing push-ups on it and then handling my tortilla.

Clearly you should have just shot or stabbed him as he brought much disgrace and dishonor to his family imo.

I was at Chipotle for lunch today.. didn't see you there, fully staffed, and nobody whining about trash cans.

Not a Chipotle, but at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I ordered my usual pork chile verde sopapillas. Divine, the pastry would melt in your mouth.

Anyway, I'm happily digging away. I go for another bite and noticed that there was a cockroach baked in with the pork. I immediately lose my appetite and calmly call for my waitress.

She takes a look and says, "You should tell the cook."

:confused:

Okay.

I walk up to the kitchen.

Me: There's a cockroach in my sopapilla.

Her: Que?

She doesn't speak a lick of English.

Me: Esta una cucaracha en mi comida.

Her: No no no no no no! (arms are flailing all over the place)

Then the waitress tells me I'm making a big deal for no reason.

I left. Haven't been back since.

I know...cool story, bro.

Not a Chipotle, but at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I ordered my usual pork chile verde sopapillas. Divine, the pastry would melt in your mouth.

Anyway, I'm happily digging away. I go for another bite and noticed that there was a cockroach baked in with the pork. I immediately lose my appetite and calmly call for my waitress.

She takes a look and says, "You should tell the cook."

:confused:

Okay.

I walk up to the kitchen.

Me: There's a cockroach in my sopapilla.

Her: Que?

She doesn't speak a lick of English.

Me: Esta una cucaracha en mi comida.

Her: No no no no no no! (arms are flailing all over the place)

Then the waitress tells me I'm making a big deal for no reason.

I left. Haven't been back since.

I know...cool story, bro.
Insects are the future of food anyway. This place sounds like its way ahead of the current trends.

Users who are viewing this thread