What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A reminder to only join leagues with majority approval on leageusafe (1 Viewer)

howatzer

Footballguy
After what happened over at Phenoms I'm surprised they allow advertising of any league using paypal or money order. Be careful out there people and demand that payment be made thru league safe with majority approval.

We're having this conversation in one of my leagues. Commish control is better if you have a commissioner you know running the league but otherwise I wouldn't do it. Dead beat commissioners can rob you so I only do small money dynasty leagues online. All the big money leagues I stay local.

This may be of help to those who are thinking about using LeagueSafe:

https://www.leaguesafe.com/referrals/115185

How it works:Send your link to as many friends as you like. Each time a new commissioner to LeagueSafe clicks on your referral link and creates a new league on LeagueSafe, you'll be eligible to receive a $10 account credit. Your friend’s league will immediately get $10 into the new league balance! As soon as your friend's league reaches $250 in payments and has at least 5 unique payments, we'll add $10 to your LeagueSafe account.

$10 in bonus money for your new league! Win-Win!

This may be of help to those who are thinking about using LeagueSafe:

https://www.leaguesafe.com/referrals/115185

How it works:Send your link to as many friends as you like. Each time a new commissioner to LeagueSafe clicks on your referral link and creates a new league on LeagueSafe, you'll be eligible to receive a $10 account credit. Your friend’s league will immediately get $10 into the new league balance! As soon as your friend's league reaches $250 in payments and has at least 5 unique payments, we'll add $10 to your LeagueSafe account.

$10 in bonus money for your new league! Win-Win!
No shame from the Nigerian prince over here. :D

At DataForce Fantasy Football, we completely disagree. We use LeagueSafe, but we do not use a majority vote for prize disbursement. Our customers are fully satisfied with this because of two reasons:

1. We deposit the prize fund in LeagueSafe IMMEDIATELY as soon as a league is filled, and an email provides all owners in a league with a link to the leaguesafe league. In fact, a button on each league gives a simple click to the LeagueSafe league anytime they want to verify the money sitting there. If ever we filled a league without immediately setting the prize money aside, it would ruin our reputation and we'd be done.

2. We want to pay out money from LeagueSafe immediately when the fantasy superbowl stats are finalized. If we relied upon a majority vote, it would be an administrative nightmare for owners to get their money. Losing teams lose interest, don't bother to create LeagueSafe accounts in the first place, and would have to be tracked down and convinced to sign up and vote.

Thankfully, the majority vote isn't necessary. A little thought shows that if we, even once, paid out the wrong parties, we'd be toast. We'd be out of business AND without the prize money in our pockets. So the division of commissioner duties from money-holder duties works very well.

https://www.dataforceff.com

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need leaguesafe if there is an adult in your league who isn't a pile...if you don't have one of those then I'd suggest finding a better league. It is that simple.

2. We want to pay out money from LeagueSafe immediately when the fantasy superbowl stats are finalized. If we relied upon a majority vote, it would be an administrative nightmare for owners to get their money. Losing teams lose interest, don't bother to create LeagueSafe accounts in the first place, and would have to be tracked down and convinced to sign up and vote.
There's a 7 day expiration that will be decided by those who do vote.

https://leaguesafe.zendesk.com/entries/23462842-What-if-I-can-t-get-a-majority-of-my-league-members-to-approve-my-allocation-

I really don't agree with much you've said, but if owners put the trust in a stranger that's on them. If you've set it to "Commissioner Control", you've got total control of the funds & can walk away with all the money after the season. Owners can't do a thing about it (LeagueSafe indicates as such & even warns owners of it)

"Putting their trust in a stranger" is precisely what you are all doing as you give your money to LeagueSafe. We've done our due diligence and recommend them: https://www.dataforceff.com/?page=leaguesafe

Nevertheless, let's be honest, here. The risk our customers are assuming is not DataForce, it's the company holding their money. Yes, DataForce could probably walk away with some of the prizes before LeagueSafe caught on that we were withdrawing it and keeping it for ourselves. Maybe we could stagger the withdrawals and get away with stealing from 4 or 5 leagues. So do you worry about DataForce running off to Mexico with a few thousand, or do you worry about LeagueSafe running off to Mexico with hundreds of thousands? (Or is that millions?) I'm sure not going to fold DataForce so that I can steal a few thousand dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread