What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which 4th movie of a series was the worst? (1 Viewer)

Which movie is the crappiest?

• Alien: Resurrection

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • Live Free or Die Hard

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Terminator Salvation

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
All the talk in the Jurassic World thread got me thinking about this and I got into a debate with a buddy about it. Didn't include Jurassic World because it is too new, and I am not sure it would qualify as only the first one is usually highly regarded. I picked these 4 because the originals of each of these series are just about universally considered to be the best in their genres.

Vote and make your case.

The 4th Terminator movie by a country mile.

Producers, directors and actors should all be charged with war crimes.

Wow, thats a tough choice. Ill go with Crystal Skull because it had the same creative team as the good ones. The others had different directors and such.

i guess terminator or indy becauuse it is lame when the main character is supposed to be tough but is probably wearing depends and using a colostomy bag take that to the bank brohans

I actually thought both Alien Resurrection and Crystal Skull were both really good. I mean the whole fridge part was dumb, but the movie overall was good.

I'd argue Die Hard 4 was better than Die Hard 2. Not a high bar, but I don't know if it qualifies since it wasn't the worst of the series. I thought Resurrection was better than Alien 3 too.

Terminator Salvation was awful, it was greatly outclassed by the TV show fox did. I guess of the 4 that would be my pick.

Live Free and Die Hard was entertaining because at heart I don't think they took themselves too seriously.

Indy 4 was terrible. Salvation was too. Really hard to decide.

Haven't seen Crystal Skull but Salvation is the worst regular movie I've ever seen. Agreed on the war crimes post. They should suffer.

Alien 4 is no where near the first two, but I can get through it and have watched it a couple times. Terminator 4 I can also get through, although it is dumb as hell and seems to not know wtf happened in the other 3 movies.

Die Hard I liked all 3 before it, so I think that Die Hard 4 for me was the most disappointing for me. Absolutely hated that movie. Could barely get through it. It's not like the originals used up ton of brainpower, but #### like taking out helicopters with fire hydrants was next level dumb. Plus they did that annoying thing (Terminator did too) of turning a solid R rated action movie into pg-13 garbage.

That said, I think Indy 4 was one of the worst POSs I have tried to watch in years. Just horrible. Started off with Indy surviving a nuclear blast in a fridge and never got any better. Maybe it comes not being a huge fan of the series to begin with, so maybe I was less willing to forgive the #### that I was watching vs. the other series in the list that I loved more.

Indy 4 wins this one easily for me.

Alien 4 is no where near the first two, but I can get through it and have watched it a couple times. Terminator 4 I can also get through, although it is dumb as hell and seems to not know wtf happened in the other 3 movies.

Die Hard I liked all 3 before it, so I think that Die Hard 4 for me was the most disappointing for me. Absolutely hated that movie. Could barely get through it. It's not like the originals used up ton of brainpower, but #### like taking out helicopters with fire hydrants was next level dumb. Plus they did that annoying thing (Terminator did too) of turning a solid R rated action movie into pg-13 garbage.

That said, I think Indy 4 was one of the worst POSs I have tried to watch in years. Just horrible. Started off with Indy surviving a nuclear blast in a fridge and never got any better. Maybe it comes not being a huge fan of the series to begin with, so maybe I was less willing to forgive the #### that I was watching vs. the other series in the list that I loved more.

No if you were a fan, its much worse.

Does Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace count as a fourth? If so, it ranks high. Regardless it sux.

Here's where the average movie-goer laughs about even considering a fourth installment. If you haven't made your point by the first three movies, forget it, for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salvation was probably the worst movie, but Crystal Skull was the most disappointing. :(
Agreed. Did people really expect good things from salvation?

I never would have expected Crystal Skull to be the giant turd that it turned out to be.

Here's where the average movie-goer laughs about even considering a fourth installment. If you haven't made your point by the first three movies, forget it, for the most part.
:yes: unless the movie comes from books in a large series, then it could be decent.

Even the fourth bond movie seems to be disappointing. Thunderball, which is one of the few I haven't seen.

Salvation was probably the worst movie, but Crystal Skull was the most disappointing. :(
Agreed. Did people really expect good things from salvation?

I never would have expected Crystal Skull to be the giant turd that it turned out to be.
Maybe I don't mind T3 as much as others, but I had mild hopes for Salvation. I don't think any of these franchises had dipped so low do think that the 4th movies would be as bad as some of them turned out to be.

:lmao:

The average movie goer will watch damn near anything. Wouldn't you say it was the average movie goer that flocked to Jurassic World recently? And IMO the Jurassic movies were trending a bit lower than these four franchises by the time the 4th movie came around.

4th - Alien Resurrection - I actually liked this one. You lose the cripple in the half track and its phenomenally better.

3rd - Terminator Salvation - Worst of the series by far. Its almost as if they blew their entire budget on Bale, whom I hate.

2nd - Live Free and Die Hard - Crap.

1st - The Decaying Corpse of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls. - Heartbreakingly awful.

Does the movie "Predators" qualify? That movie made me angry. I would have walked out but out of respect for my friend I stayed to the very bitter end.

:shock:

I could see that for the last one they did in Russia. Now THAT was a complete waste of time.

But I LOVED Live Free or Die Hard... Better then 3 by miles IMO...

Die Hard>>> Live Free or Die Hard>>>>>>> Die Hard 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Die Hard 3> ( so as to not mess up the reply, let's just say there are a thousand ">" here) Die Hard in Russia.

Does the movie "Predators" qualify? That movie made me angry. I would have walked out but out of respect for my friend I stayed to the very bitter end.
I thought Predators was decent. I think that was only the 3rd installment though if you don't count all the AVP movies.

Voted Indy, but agree with the premise that leaving Phantom Menace off this list is a little like asking for the worst movie about a duck named Howard, and then leaving Howard the Duck off the list.

Until there's a Godfather IV starring Vince Vaughn, TPM will define 4th installment disasters.

Voted Indy, but agree with the premise that leaving Phantom Menace off this list is a little like asking for the worst movie about a duck named Howard, and then leaving Howard the Duck off the list.

Until there's a Godfather IV starring Vince Vaughn, TPM will define 4th installment disasters.
I think phantom menace is different since supposedly he wanted to do them and it was always part of the storyline. These others are more natural sequels.

:shock: I could see that for the last one they did in Russia. Now THAT was a complete waste of time.

But I LOVED Live Free or Die Hard... Better then 3 by miles IMO...

Die Hard>>> Live Free or Die Hard>>>>>>> Die Hard 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Die Hard 3> ( so as to not mess up the reply, let's just say there are a thousand ">" here) Die Hard in Russia.
We will agree to disagree. I liked all the first and would have it more like 1 >>> 3 >> 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4.

It doesn't get any bigger then Star Wars and Indiana Jones when talking movies of the last 50 years. Both had equally great first three movies. Both had a long wait till the fourth installment......

And both were big piles of runny fly infested feces.

KarmaPolice said:
rockaction said:
:lmao:

The average movie goer will watch damn near anything. Wouldn't you say it was the average movie goer that flocked to Jurassic World recently? And IMO the Jurassic movies were trending a bit lower than these four franchises by the time the 4th movie came around.
Average serious movie-goer?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/worst-4th-movies.php

This site ranks the worst 4th movies as:

7. Lethal Weapon 4: A lazy, mindless, tired and meaningless retread that wasted the talents of Jet Li and pretty much led to the pseudo-retirement of Joe Pesci, a once annoyingly minor character in the series used to the point of brain contusion.

6. Terminator Salvation: See Dan's review. A hamfisted, hokey sequel that came too long after the first three movies to rely so heavily on their mythology and yet managed to add little new. Completely witless and unimaginative, McG tries only to out-Bay Michael Bay and forgets to include the emotional center that made the first two movies so good.

5. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: A misguided and unacceptable return to one of the best trilogies of all time. The magic was sucked out of it, its cleverness stripped, and a once iconic character was rendered second rate.

4. The Next Karate Kid: A poor excuse for a film, basically a really bad and overly silly remake of the original with a female character (Hilary Swank) in the lead. It was a bad 90s movie that was too cheesy even for the 80s.

3. Rocky IV: The one with Dolph Lundgren. Overly jingoistic, even for the Rocky series, this unrealistic, overblown fourth movie completely wore out an already worn out Rocky formula.

2. Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace: George Lucas ruins the most beloved trilogy of all time, transforming the series into a cold, dispassionate kids' movie, ironically ruining the childhood memories of millions of adults. A disgraceful embarrassment to the series that really should've been the end of it.

1. Batman and Robin: A campy Batman replete with homosexual innuendo, bat nipples, and not only the worst fourth movie, but the worst blockbuster movie of all time.

Indy was definitely the most disappointing b/c I actually thought it would be good.

People banging EP 1 (again) need to get over it man. There's no way another Star Wars movie wasn't getting made. Was it a disappointment? Of course. One of the biggest but that was because of how much hype there was leading up to it. I don't think there has ever been a more anticipated movie in history. It was a mediocre film. But add the immense disappointment and people get the panties all bunched up.

EP 1 is not anywhere close to the worst movie ever.

Users who are viewing this thread