What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WTF Is Going On At Reddit? (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
Just checked in there and it's a cluster####. Anyone know? They apparently fired a woman that everyone likes and everyone hates the CEO.

Victoria, the woman who coordinated most or all of the AMAs, got fired without warning and people are going bat#### crazay over there.

The situation was explained here[37] by /u/karmanaut [38] : the mods of /r/IAmA[39] had just found out that without prior warning, /u/chooter [40] , or Victoria, had been released from her position at reddit. They felt that they, along with the other subreddits that host AMAs, should have been warned beforehand, if only so that they could have someone or something in place to handle the transition. /u/karmanaut [41] went on to say that many of the mods affected by this do not believe that the admins understand how heavily /u/chooter [42] was relied upon to allow AMAs to go smoothly - something which is outlined below. Without her, they found themselves in a difficult situation, which is exemplifed by what happened today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/

tldr; Reddit execs are morons.

The situation was explained here[37] by /u/karmanaut [38] : the mods of /r/IAmA[39] had just found out that without prior warning, /u/chooter [40] , or Victoria, had been released from her position at reddit. They felt that they, along with the other subreddits that host AMAs, should have been warned beforehand, if only so that they could have someone or something in place to handle the transition. /u/karmanaut [41] went on to say that many of the mods affected by this do not believe that the admins understand how heavily /u/chooter [42] was relied upon to allow AMAs to go smoothly - something which is outlined below. Without her, they found themselves in a difficult situation, which is exemplifed by what happened today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/

tldr; Reddit execs are morons.
yeah Im still confused

WTF. Now r/nsfw is marked as private. Obama better get on this asap or I'm not voting for his ### again. I don't care how great of a job he's doing.

WTF. Now r/nsfw is marked as private. Obama better get on this asap or I'm not voting for his ### again. I don't care how great of a job he's doing.
I have a feeling that Reddit is thinking about going public and is cleaning up some of the less desirable elements of the site. I have no axe here; it's simply a hunch.

Victoria, the woman who coordinated most or all of the AMAs, got fired without warning and people are going bat#### crazay over there.
American Music Awards?
"Ask Me Anything" One of the more popular parts of reddit. Interesting people (Celebrities, scientists, politicians etc.) participate and answer questions from redditors. Victoria coordinated them. They could be really good when done right and had buy-in from the subject of the AMA.

I have a feeling that Reddit is thinking about going public and is cleaning up some of the less desirable elements of the site. I have no axe here; it's simply a hunch.
Could be. If they don't get their #### together, they'll lose their base as some other community comes along to take Reddit's place.

If that was the plan, it is... not going well.

The pages have been set to private by the submoderators out of protest.

I had no clue reddit had employees let alone Executives
It's worth is estimated over $5 billion.
They're getting a lot of free publicity.
Sure, but it's negative and some of the site doesn't work. Plus Reddit, unlike most companies, is at the mercy on non-employees. The moderators of the sub-reddits (sub forums) have total control and can edit or delete them at will. These people aren't employees but control content that millions of people access.

Sure, but it's negative and some of the site doesn't work. Plus Reddit, unlike most companies, is at the mercy on non-employees. The moderators of the sub-reddits (sub forums) have total control and can edit or delete them at will. These people aren't employees but control content that millions of people access.
They can remove the mods and make the subs public again, but that's just going to make things worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
NutterButter said:
r/nsfw_gif is still open for business boss

They can remove the mods and make the subs public again, but that's just going to make things worse.
Who is going to manage them?

They can pick new mods. :shrug:

They can pick new mods. :shrug:
Yeah, like you said, makes things worse and makes a bigger mess.

Users who are viewing this thread