What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official denunciation of Barack Obama's comments on immigrants (1 Viewer)

Sam Quentin

Footballguy
I officially denounce the President's comments of referring to illegal immigrants as dangerous people, criminals and gang-bangers. When such racially charged and stereotype laden verbiage comes from one of the most powerful men on earth, it deserves special condemnation.

Who's with me?

Obama made the comment in response to an audience member who asked if there were any plans to “expand” Obamacare for “sick migrant people,” especially those who “don’t have enough documents” that reside illegally in the U.S.

“Well, we were very clear that the Affordable Care Act did not apply to people who are not here legally. And that’s the law,” Obama told the audience member. “So that’s another example of — there’s a lot of misinformation about this. The law says that if you are undocumented, if you’re not here legally, you can’t benefit from subsidies and the program that we’ve set up.”

“The real answer to your question is why don’t we have immigration reform so that people who’ve been here a long time who are otherwise law-abiding citizens, who oftentimes have children who are U.S. citizens, who are contributing to the society and are willing to pay their dues, pay taxes, get a background check — why don’t we give them a pathway so they can be legal,” Obama said. “If we do that — if we reform the immigration system, which is all broken, then this problem that you just mentioned takes care of itself.”

“I mean, look, we should not be encouraging illegal immigration,” Obama said. “What we should be doing is setting up a smart, legal immigration system that doesn’t separate families, but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are gang-bangers or criminals — that we’re deporting them as quickly as possible, that we’re focusing our resources there — that we’re focusing on a strong border. We’ve made improvements on all those fronts, but we could be doing even more if we had immigration reform.”
http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/01/obama-refers-to-some-illegal-immigrants-as-gang-bangers-during-town-hall-video/

It's amazing how far some people are willing to go to defend Donald Trump.
Theyre not defending Trump; they're defending his comments about illegal immigrants, because although the language was crude and harsh, the viewpoint matches their own.

Theyre not defending Trump; they're defending his comments about illegal immigrants, because although the language was crude and harsh, the viewpoint matches their own.
Trump is a joke candidate. He's a loud mouthed fool. I expect better of our elected officials. I'd expect somebody like Rush Limbaugh to use racial imagery like this, not the President.

Obama made the comment in response to an audience member who asked if there were any plans to “expand” Obamacare for “sick migrant people,” especially those who “don’t have enough documents” that reside illegally in the U.S.

“Well, we were very clear that the Affordable Care Act did not apply to people who are not here legally. And that’s the law,” Obama told the audience member. “So that’s another example of — there’s a lot of misinformation about this. The law says that if you are undocumented, if you’re not here legally, you can’t benefit from subsidies and the program that we’ve set up.”

“The real answer to your question is why don’t we have immigration reform so that people who’ve been here a long time who are otherwise law-abiding citizens, who oftentimes have children who are U.S. citizens, who are contributing to the society and are willing to pay their dues, pay taxes, get a background check — why don’t we give them a pathway so they can be legal,” Obama said. “If we do that — if we reform the immigration system, which is all broken, then this problem that you just mentioned takes care of itself.”

“I mean, look, we should not be encouraging illegal immigration,” Obama said. “What we should be doing is setting up a smart, legal immigration system that doesn’t separate families, but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are gang-bangers or criminals — that we’re deporting them as quickly as possible, that we’re focusing our resources there — that we’re focusing on a strong border. We’ve made improvements on all those fronts, but we could be doing even more if we had immigration reform.”
http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/01/obama-refers-to-some-illegal-immigrants-as-gang-bangers-during-town-hall-video/
Sucks to realize we'll likely never have another President like this in my lifetime.

Trump is a joke candidate. He's a loud mouthed fool. I expect better of our elected officials. I'd expect somebody like Rush Limbaugh to use racial imagery like this, not the President.
Let good people in and keep bad people out. I can see why this makes you so angry.

Let good people in and keep bad people out. I can see why this makes you so angry.
It's the racially charged language he uses...he should know better than anybody about racial code words...maybe it's because he was speaking to people in Tennesee....and talking about criminals and such...odds are he wasn't talking about the Canadian border

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the racially charged language he uses...
Be honest -- did you pick up the phrase "racially charged" from Breitbart, or was it Drudge, or was it maybe Newsmax?

I think the oxygen in your bubble is running low. You need more oxygen to properly troll the Internet.

Be honest -- did you pick up the phrase "racially charged" from Breitbart, or was it Drudge, or was it maybe Newsmax?
Those sites are cheering this rhetoric on

Just like only Nixon can go to China, only a Democrat can throw subtle racism around....

Be honest. As Sam has mentioned, Would you have expected those words if Obama was talking about the Canadian border?

Pretty close to my exact view on immigration.

Rove! said:
Joe Summer said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
trogg78 said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
timschochet said:
Joe%20Summer said:
Be honest. As Sam has mentioned, Would you have expected those words if Obama was talking about the Canadian border?
No indication of him talking about a particular border or immigrant group in that text.

Rove! said:
Joe Summer said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
trogg78 said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
timschochet said:
Joe%20Summer said:
Yes. Since he was already talking about all immigration to the U.S.

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thread I've seen on these forums.

Sam Quentin said:
trogg78 said:
Sam Quentin said:
timschochet said:
Joe Summer said:
It's the racially charged language he uses...he should know better than anybody about racial code words...maybe it's because he was speaking to people in Tennesee....and talking about criminals and such...odds are he wasn't talking about the Canadian border
OK

This shouldn't need clarification, but Trump said "We shouldn't allow foreigners to enter because Mexicans are rapists".

Obama said "we need to deport illegal immigrants if they are gang-bangers." The two comments are as far apart as immigration policy can be, assuming both parties don't want criminals here.

This shouldn't need clarification, but Trump said "We shouldn't allow foreigners to enter because Mexicans are rapists".

Obama said "we need to deport illegal immigrants if get are gang-bangers." The two comments are as far apart as immigration policy can be, assuming both parties don't want criminals here.
It's not the policy, it's the dog whistle language

Obama said "we need to deport illegal immigrants if get are gang-bangers." The two comments are as far apart as immigration policy can be, assuming both parties don't want criminals here.
It's not the policy, it's the dog whistle language
1) I've never heard the phrase "dog whistle language" before, but I've got a funny feeling I'm going to be hearing it nonstop if I listen to conservative media over the next few days. 2) Obama isn't using coded language. He's saying we need to focus limited resources on deporting actual criminals instead of arbitrarily destroying good established families.

Rove! said:
Joe Summer said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
trogg78 said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
timschochet said:
Joe%20Summer said:
Obviously, when he was talking about law-abiding immigrants with families he was talking about Canadians.

Rove! said:
Joe Summer said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
trogg78 said:
Sam%20Quentin said:
timschochet said:
Joe%20Summer said:
Obviously, when he was talking about law-abiding immigrants with families he was talking about Canadians.
The question was about immigrants using our health care....pretty sure Canada has free health care....

Users who are viewing this thread