What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marco Island (1 Viewer)

xulf

Footballguy
Going for 10 days, in a couple of weeks. First time going. We have a 3 yr old and an 18 month old. Any must sees or must do's? We rented a house a block from the Marriott area beach access.

Marco Island is great but it's hot as hell down there this time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there - I don't remember much besides drinking a lot, some bars & the girls i was with but I do recall manatees in the wild.

I would say that you should go sit at Stan's Idle Hour in Goodland and drink a couple of longnecks and have a grouper sandwich, but they will be closed because nobody is crazy enough to go to SW Florida, and particularly not sit on a deck, in the middle of the summer.

Been there - I don't remember much besides drinking a lot, some bars & the girls i was with but I do recall manatees in the wild.
Hope you're not confusing the manatees with the girls.

We honeymooned in Marco Island. Good beach but I don't remember there being a whole lot else to do other than relax and enjoy yourself. Everglades aren't too far a drive.

Hope you're not confusing the manatees with the girls.

We honeymooned in Marco Island. Good beach but I don't remember there being a whole lot else to do other than relax and enjoy yourself. Everglades aren't too far a drive.
You can go up to Naples if you want to go to upscale restaurants or your wife wants to shop. The Everglades are really close. I do NOT recomment Everglade City. Freaky swamp town with a bunch of web footed locals. But we did an airboat tour on the Tamiami Trail and that was awesome.

Also did airboat ride on the Trail. One of the coolest things I've ever done. The Everglades are awesome. One of the unique and beautiful areas in the country. Not sure how that would work with 18 month old.

Users who are viewing this thread