What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime Music -- a good Spotify replacement? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Long story short -- I've been using Spotify for years, and somewhere along the way signed up for Amazon Prime, and only recently realized that Amazon Prime includes Amazon Prime Music at no additional cost. And I've been trying the app out on my phone, and it's pretty great, and also seems like it has solid selection.

So, since I view Prime Music as "free" (since I'm paying for it anyway), I started to wonder if I should be cutting the $120 I pay annually for Spotify. Any thoughts on the two? Any reason I shouldn't abandon Spotify at this point?

TIA

Long story short -- I've been using Spotify for years, and somewhere along the way signed up for Amazon Prime, and only recently realized that Amazon Prime includes Amazon Prime Music at no additional cost. And I've been trying the app out on my phone, and it's pretty great, and also seems like it has solid selection.

So, since I view Prime Music as "free" (since I'm paying for it anyway), I started to wonder if I should be cutting the $120 I pay annually for Spotify. Any thoughts on the two? Any reason I shouldn't abandon Spotify at this point?

TIA
I cut Spotify Premium, the regular version is adequate. But, I have unlimited data on my phone (can only save music locally in Premium), and can live with shuffle if a playlist is to my liking. I'm also a Prime member, and have tried Amazon Music. The selection is pretty brutal, like Netflix for streaming just movies bad. Functionally it works great, I just assume Amazon is not trying to go toe to toe with Spotify/Apple in terms of royalty checks, because there's no way that could be profitable within the $100 a year on Prime.

I'd say, can't hurt to pull the plug on Spotify and see if you can stand Free on your phone, and Amazon music in parallel. Worst case, just flip Premium back on in Spotify if you can't take it.

I tried it. Both the selection and some weird errors bothered me with Prime Music (that was very soon after it first came out so they've probably fixed the bugs by now). In the end I decided that saving $120/year wasn't worth a moderate downgrade in enjoyment/usability for something that I use just about every day.

Users who are viewing this thread