What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Into the Badlands" AMC (1 Viewer)

See commercials for this all the time during TWD.

Seems interesting enough. Definitely watch the first episode airing in a few weeks

That Daniel Wu guy is an aweful actor. I know he's supposed to come across as almost an automaton killing machine with limited emotions, but he was terrible.

Liked the action though.

update?

Sunday nights is HBO/Showtime... and then maybe TWD on dvr if I have the energy. Is this going to be worth a watch?

update?

Sunday nights is HBO/Showtime... and then maybe TWD on dvr if I have the energy. Is this going to be worth a watch?
It depends on what you're looking for in a show. If you're looking for deep dialogue, sound story base and quality acting (although I thought one or two good actors did decent jobs), move along. If you want some quality fight action, take a look.

I found it to be incredibly cheesy but oddly entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
MaxThreshold said:
urbanhack said:
It's not that bad.
It's worse
Surprise, surprise. OPM hates a it.

Well, you can still catch re-runs of I Love Lucy and some of your other favorite movin' pictures on Turner Classic Movies. Might even be able to get an episode of Matlock and Murder She Wrote in too.
Don't you ####### dare disparage Angela! She is a national treasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is the baron supposed to look like George Clooney trying to do a southern preacher accent while impersonating Abraham Lincoln simultaneously?

MaxThreshold said:
urbanhack said:
It's not that bad.
It's worse

Well, you can still catch re-runs of I Love Lucy and some of your other favorite movin' pictures on Turner Classic Movies. Might even be able to get an episode of Matlock and Murder She Wrote in too.
Don't you ####### dare disparage Angela! She is a national treasure.
:goodposting:

I grew up on those two shows. They rule.

MaxThreshold said:
urbanhack said:
It's not that bad.
It's worse

You keep singing the same old tune. Feel free to go herehttps://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/731702-give-me-a-movietv-showsongband-and-i-will-review/

I enjoyed it. It's on the cheesy side, but falls right in line with other highly entertaining cheesy shows.

It follows the Walking Dead. I'd suggest that if you enjoy TWD, you'll probably like this. If you don't...you probably won't

it's not gonna win any awards, but I kinda liked it. I grew up watching those Hong Kong action flicks from the 90's, and this is very much in that vein. the main guy is a lot like Jet Li or Donnie Yen in those types of movies. I think his acting is serviceable...and in this type of show, it's probably better to have a serviceable actor who is more convincing in the action scenes, which this guy is.

the only thing I find stupid is the atmosphere of it all. it's kind of the cliche "hey, it's the future, but we'll make it look all retro and stuff." kinda dumb.

what I do like is that they're not pulling any punches (ha!) in the action scenes. they're super violent & cringe-worthy...I like that, instead of trying to keep things PG. especially with TWD as the lead in, and people all geeked up after some epic zombie kills. like when the dorky kid caught the piece of glass and threw it in the bully's eye, that was sweet.

I'll give it a few more episodes.

:blackdot:

Eh... gonna give it a few weeks.

Intro music done by Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. That was unexpected.

Good fight scenes, below average acting but not like they're casting A-listers here.

Users who are viewing this thread