What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Planned Parenthood leaked video (1 Viewer)

if this video is in fact true, the organization should close its doors. I'm not supportive of the ending of an unborn child's life, but I do pray for those women who feel that this is their only option.

I posted the statement from PP..You are correct, they aren't selling them. They are claiming to donate them. I edited my post. I guess selling for profit would be even more disturbing but without actual proof, I'll withdraw my claim. Still disgusting.
Claim: A video shows Dr. Deborah Nucatola admitting that Planned Parenthood engages in the illegal sale of tissue from aborted fetuses?UNDETERMINED
That's not exactly a refutation...

Yeah, I know, it's BB, but there's a video and a partial transcript:

Dr. Mary Gatter, President of Planned Parenthood’s Medical Director’s Council, is asked, “What would you expect for intact tissue?”

Gatter starts to haggle immediately, “Why don’t you start by telling me what you’re used to paying?”

When pushed for a number, Gatter says, “Well, you know in negotiations the person who throws out the figure first is at a loss, right? So…”

When pushed again for how much her Planned Parenthood affiliate is willing to sell baby body parts for, she responds, “Okay, $75.”

When the buyer tells her that number seems low Gatter responds, “I was going to say $50.”

Then the buy offers her $100 to which Gatter quickly responds, “Okay.”
The sale or purchase of human fetal tissue is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2).

...Federal law does allow for body parts to be donated and for basic expenses to be recouped, including expenses related to “reasonable payments associated with the transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.”
Ordinarily I would think the first line of defense is the claim that the video is doctored [yes, pun] but it doesn't sound like PP is doing that here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't the fetus normally just get disposed of? I'm confused about how this is worse, even for pro-life people.

I haven't watched either of the videos, maybe it would be self-explanatory if I did.

People are surprised by this? Really? I mean, if someone is supportive of murdering unborn children why would this shock anyone?

"Okay, so I'm fine with murdering babies, BUT I DRAW THE LINE AT SELLING THE BODY PARTS!"

Doesn't the fetus normally just get disposed of? I'm confused about how this is worse, even for pro-life people.

I haven't watched either of the videos, maybe it would be self-explanatory if I did.
Well that's a good point. What normally happens after someone dies? What do we normally do with corpses and such?

Well that's a good point. What normally happens after someone dies? What do we normally do with corpses and such?
You can donate them to science. Then someone is going to have to pay a shipping/transport fee.

I think there were bills passed for fetus exemption --- pushed through by conservative/religious types.

But normally cadaver use simply need a waiver or a jon doe designation.

You can donate them to science. Then someone is going to have to pay a shipping/transport fee.
So the mother must sign for that, with the fetus, right?

Some people need to read the Snopes link or watch the unedited video.
I quoted it above, the conclusion was "Undetermined" before the release of the second video.

Snopes links to this article:

The group’s second statement on the video, which was provided to The Hill on Tuesday, confirms it is Deborah Nucatela, senior director of medical services, who appears in the video, but fiercely disputes that the conversation was about selling body parts.

“Deborah Nucatela was speculating on the range of reimbursement that patients can receive after stating they wish to donate any tissue after a procedure,” the organization wrote in a report prepared by its PR firm.
So we're paying the mothers? The explanation sounds worse than the allegation.

I'm also a little confused as to why a fetus has body parts. According to Roe, when does a fetus become human? These aren't human, but we can use the tissue and body parts for human research?

If we're going to permit safe avenues for women to terminate early-stage unwanted pregnancies (which I support), it's senseless to not allow that tissue be used for medical research, which is "thought by most scientists and researchers to hold potential cures for spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, hundreds of rare immune system and genetic disorders and much more".

The law allows for reasonable sums to be paid to compensate for the processing/transport of the tissue... however haggling/bartering is highly distasteful at best, and criminal at worst.

That said, these folks are jackwagons for baiting these folks into saying controversial stuff (ie bartering the price UP to get an inflated number that's outside what normal folks would consider compensation for processing/transport). Diminishes any credibility they might have had with these videos.

I think Planned Parenthood performs a good public service. Quite often they are the only refuge for poor women, raped girls, battered teenagers, victims of incest, who have nowhere else to go.

I can't really comment on the accuracy of this story. I won't pretend that, purely within the context of the video, it's not disturbing. But I strongly doubt that it's at all representative of any common practice that goes on. And it doesn't take away from the fine work PP does.

I quoted it above, the conclusion was "Undetermined" before the release of the second video.

The group’s second statement on the video, which was provided to The Hill on Tuesday, confirms it is Deborah Nucatela, senior director of medical services, who appears in the video, but fiercely disputes that the conversation was about selling body parts.

“Deborah Nucatela was speculating on the range of reimbursement that patients can receive after stating they wish to donate any tissue after a procedure,” the organization wrote in a report prepared by its PR firm.

I'm also a little confused as to why a fetus has body parts. According to Roe, when does a fetus become human? These aren't human, but we can use the tissue and body parts for human research?
yeah, they are still biological.

The groups second statement on the video, which was provided to The Hill on Tuesday, confirms it is Deborah Nucatela, senior director of medical services, who appears in the video, but fiercely disputes that the conversation was about selling body parts.

Deborah Nucatela was speculating on the range of reimbursement that patients can receive after stating they wish to donate any tissue after a procedure, the organization wrote in a report prepared by its PR firm.

A fetus isn't human? Where does it say that?

Ok good, biologically speaking, they are human.

So is your ear wax.

So is your ear wax.
Ear wax is not a separate creature, it's a secretion formed by your own body in an effort to protect your ears.

I lean towards pro-life, but this has never been a hot button issue for me. I think that it is wrong (excepting cases of rape/incest/medical issues for the mother) and should be avoided at all costs. I also think back alley coat hanger abortions are undesirable, and an outright ban would bring those back. In the end, I usually cite my lack of a ###### as cause for not having a stronger opinion on it.

That said, as a matter of practicality, if medical benefits can be found from whatevers left over after an abortion, I don't have a problem with it. Think of it as similar to Native Americans using the WHOLE deer. I don't support killing fetuses, but I also don't support being wasteful.

So is your ear wax.
Ear wax is not a separate creature, it's a secretion formed by your own body in an effort to protect your ears.
It helps their argument when the dehumanize unborn babies. They call it "intact tissue" when they are talking about a fully formed baby. It's sick.

So is your ear wax.
But it is also not a person and is a biological derivative of the host.

So is your ear wax.
It helps their argument when the dehumanize unborn babies. They call it "intact tissue" when they are talking about a fully formed baby. It's sick.
It is. I forget the research, but there are a large percentage of women who have an abortion who regret their decision later in life, and many seek counseling. I personally feel as a Christian that care should be taken to prevent abortions, and for those that have had them, they need to know that they are still loved by other people.

People are surprised by this? Really? I mean, if someone is supportive of murdering unborn children why would this shock anyone?

"Okay, so I'm fine with murdering babies, BUT I DRAW THE LINE AT SELLING THE BODY PARTS!"
why do people say abortion is murdering babies, no one actually thinks that. At least you and the OP don't think it is murder.

So is your ear wax.
Then get them legally recognized as a human person with all the rights of one. And quit the total bull#### side arguments where you force your sensibilities on others.

Serious question, as I am not a pro life /choice nut job either way. Are they taking a fetus at like 4 - 6 months, delivering it alive, then gutting it like a fish and selling the parts? Is the baby moving and/or making noise and stuff when they harvest the parts? I know it's probably a stupid question, and I'll hear plenty of crap about it, but I honestly do not know.

So is your ear wax.
I guess different people see it differently. Personally, I think it is stupid that we can sell plasma but not fetus parts. Absolutely zero difference to me.

So is your ear wax.
But it is also not a person and is a biological derivative of the host.
A human fetus does contain DNA from the mother, but it also contains DNA from the father, and when combined, creates a separate creature, albeit one that must rely on the mother for growth for the first 9+ months of its existence.

Users who are viewing this thread