What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dr Palmer - Lion Hunter - NOW A POLE! (1 Viewer)

Jail Time For This Guy Here?

• Total voters
People like this are the worst. Lions are awesome creatures. Why do people want to kill them for sport?

I don't get sport hunting, I don't get the thrill of killing an animal that you've lured, I don't get any of it.

That being said, if folks are willing to pay that much money to places that don't have much...tough to tell them no.

Seems like the focus needs to be on sustainable and responsible hunting that culls older/weaker animals and leaves a thriving population.

Well, the hunter said that he mistakenly lured him out of the preserve. Whoops! Good enough for me.

I don't get sport hunting, I don't get the thrill of killing an animal that you've lured, I don't get any of it.

That being said, if folks are willing to pay that much money to places that don't have much...tough to tell them no.

Seems like the focus needs to be on sustainable and responsible hunting that culls older/weaker animals and leaves a thriving population.
This particular lion was worth far more in tourism dollars than the $ paid by the jack### to kill him.

I hope this guy gets raped by a tiger in front of his* family.

*either the dentist's or the tiger's...I'm sure the tiger's family would enjoy watching it

I'm starting to think that some of those Yelp reviews are from people who aren't his actual patients.

I find sport hunting really distasteful and barbaric, but internet vigilantism is much worse.
Reposting after Yelp deleted my review.

If I had one suggestion for the improvement of this establishment it would be for the proprietor to kill himself and to send his children to a responsible relative for upbringing.

Who knows what kind of sociopathic indoctrination goes on while youngsters are in the chair, under the glare of the dental light w/ Mr Thirsty hanging out of the corner of their mouths.

I want to reiterate, you should kill yourself and donate your body to a big cat preserve w/ the express purpose of using your corpse as a scratching post.

This particular lion was worth far more in tourism dollars than the $ paid by the jack### to kill him.
I gave Dr. Cox the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean to hunt Coco's husband.

Do we know Palmer wanted to kill this specific lion, or any lion? And are people rebooking to Botswana instead? This will end up helping the Zimbabwe safari industry.

This reminds me a lot of the backlash against Kendall Jones last year. There's a certain population of idiots that want to pay a lot of money to kill big game. Better to regulate, tax and preserve than to focus on the latest outrage of the year.

And, like Jack Mason, Cecil's influence will last much longer after he's been hunted.

if you have ever wondered man how did we hunt the passenger pigeon out of existence and so on well here is your answer some guys care more about the trophy then they do about the ethic and it is one hell of a sad thing to see take that to the bank

If it's legal within the confines of whatever jurisdiction he hunted in, then so be it. If not, then the law should handle it. I don't have to like it for it to be legal.

With that said...I think it's a disgusting practice to hunt animals like that. Just as he is allowed to do it, people are allowed to voice their displeasure. If you're willing to do it, and it's made publicly known, you should also be willing to face whatever public outrage is directed at you for your choices. If your business suffers as a result, then that's something you should've considered.

if you have ever wondered man how did we hunt the passenger pigeon out of existence and so on well here is your answer some guys care more about the trophy then they do about the ethic and it is one hell of a sad thing to see take that to the bank
Oddly enough I've never wondered how we did hunt the passenger pigeon out of existence.

$54600 to shoot the lion.Why didnt I become a dentist. Holy #### he has that much disposable money
I'd never do a hunt like this (or any hunt involving mammels) but the countries do benefit significantly from the fees generated.

I was reading this on Reddit and someone mentioned Cecil had six cubs. In order to preserve the order of the pride, they would likely have to be euthanized. I don't know if that is true but that is awful if it is. Nature and the multitude of different species has always been amazing to me. I can not imagine the allure of dropping $50k to kill a helpless lion for the fun of it.

Side note, I think there used to be a thread about Yelp but his page goes to show how much of a scam that site is with how many people leave comments about their negative reviews being deleted. I've heard you can pay Yelp to have your 1 star reviews deleted so if you really want to leave negative feedback leave 2+ ratings with bad comments.

"Bloomington dentist says he regrets killing Cecil the lion

Minneapolis Star Tribune‎ - 15 mins ago"

More like he regrets everybody finding out about it

Dude's got a heck of a google review rating to still be at 4.5 stars with all these 1 star reviews coming in...

I was reading this on Reddit and someone mentioned Cecil had six cubs. In order to preserve the order of the pride, they would likely have to be euthanized. I don't know if that is true but that is awful if it is. Nature and the multitude of different species has always been amazing to me. I can not imagine the allure of dropping $50k to kill a helpless lion for the fun of it.

Side note, I think there used to be a thread about Yelp but his page goes to show how much of a scam that site is with how many people leave comments about their negative reviews being deleted. I've heard you can pay Yelp to have your 1 star reviews deleted so if you really want to leave negative feedback leave 2+ ratings with bad comments.
If he was the dominant male in the pride it is. If a male lion becomes leader in that pride he will kill all cubs.

"The saddest part of all this is that now that Cecil is dead, the next lion in the hierarchy, Jericho, will most likely kill all Cecil's cubs," Rodrigues said.

Basically the POS killed seven lions.

He needs to be badly publicly shamed. I hope he spends 10 years in an african prison

Put me in the camp that if you enjoy louring animals with bait and shooting them while they are not looking you are a psychopath. A mentally unstable person who really should even have access to guns.

In 2008, Palmer pleaded guilty in federal court in Wisconsin to misleading a federal agent in connection with the hunting of a black bear. Two years earlier, Palmer killed a bear near Phillips, in Price County. That location was 40 miles outside where bear hunting was allowed at the time.

Palmer and others transported the bear carcass to a registration station inside the allowed hunting zone. At the station, he falsely certified that the bear had been killed in the legal zone. He then brought the bear to Minnesota.
This guy is a d1ck and a liar. :thumbdown:

If the new male lion does kill all of Cecil's cubs, I can't imagine what kind of Yelp reviews that dominant male will get.

The Minnesota Board of Dentistry referenced his conviction for the Wisconsin bear hunt, as well as sexual harassment claims, in 2009 while punishing him for unprofessional conduct.

According to a corrective action agreement he reached with the board, Palmer's insurer paid $127,500 to a former employee and patient who accused him of ongoing sexual harassment. The woman claimed he made unwelcome comments about and physical contact with her breasts, buttocks and genitals.

Palmer denied the harassment allegations and said he agreed to the settlement to "conclude the matter quickly and efficiently," according to the agreement. He was required to pass a jurisprudence exam and complete an ethics course.

"The saddest part of all this is that now that Cecil is dead, the next lion in the hierarchy, Jericho, will most likely kill all Cecil's cubs," Rodrigues said.

Basically the POS killed seven lions.
Wait.. so this is like Mufasa had 7 Simbas and somebody shot Mufasa so Scar kills all the Simbas so he can have the throne??

His dental practice has been tweeting requests for positive yelp reviews and forgiveness. And unbelievably they are using pictures from The Lion King. Just lots of dumb all around.

$54600 to shoot the lion.Why didnt I become a dentist. Holy #### he has that much disposable money
I'd never do a hunt like this (or any hunt involving mammels) but the countries do benefit significantly from the fees generated.
It's interesting to note that in general, the countries that allow sport hunting are better able to sustain a healthy population of the species than the countries that don't.

That said, I can't bring myself to kill anything I'm not going to eat. Except spiders. I hate spiders.

The Minnesota Board of Dentistry referenced his conviction for the Wisconsin bear hunt, as well as sexual harassment claims, in 2009 while punishing him for unprofessional conduct.

According to a corrective action agreement he reached with the board, Palmer's insurer paid $127,500 to a former employee and patient who accused him of ongoing sexual harassment. The woman claimed he made unwelcome comments about and physical contact with her breasts, buttocks and genitals.

Palmer denied the harassment allegations and said he agreed to the settlement to "conclude the matter quickly and efficiently," according to the agreement. He was required to pass a jurisprudence exam and complete an ethics course.
Shocking

It's interesting to note that in general, the countries that allow sport hunting are better able to sustain a healthy population of the species than the countries that don't.That said, I can't bring myself to kill anything I'm not going to eat. Except spiders. I hate spiders.
There is a big difference between legally licensed sport hunting and what this guy did.

Users who are viewing this thread