What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Live Auction Room (1 Viewer)

i'd love to know this also. My league is making a big move to an Auction and MFL. There is a lot riding on MFL doing a good job.

live auction, never done, 4 yesrs using the long live auction draft room (ours averages about a week) and it works like a top.

I started messing with it tonight. Started a temporary free league.

Seems like it works ok. Have to get used to it, I was lost for awhile

We are thinking of NOT using it this year, moving to yahoo or something else. Did live for 10 yrs, first time using Mfl was last year.

Would love to hear a 2015 experience. Prior years were too slow/buggy compared to ESPN/Yahoo free.

My advice up to 2014 has always been to skip the MFL BETA live auction and host it for free on ESPN.

Then enter/transfer rosters into your MFL league after the auction.

Here's hoping that they can remove the BETA testing from it some year when it becomes smoother/more reliable/ faster.

The year my league tried it, it was absolutely horrid. Laggy,teams would get randomly frozen, bids were screwed up, bid timers didn't work properly. I am afraid to try it again.....we do our auction on a different site and transfer the rosters.

All the same for us. Players bid on did not appear on teams, $$ was screwed up, timer skipped, etc.

The year my league tried it, it was absolutely horrid. Laggy,teams would get randomly frozen, bids were screwed up, bid timers didn't work properly. I am afraid to try it again.....we do our auction on a different site and transfer the rosters.
What site?

Horrible. Duplicated our league this year and gave it a trial run and it was so so bad. Anything in beta for multiple years should never be trusted.

We paid 14.95 to big time fantasy sports for their Player update and are going to host our own since there's a lack of website for auction keeper leagues.

Flash said:
What site?
We have drafted on CBS sports line the last few years and then transferred the rosters. We are considering ESPN or NFL.com this year.

Flash said:
What site?
We have drafted on CBS sports line the last few years and then transferred the rosters. We are considering ESPN or NFL.com this year.
They all have free auction rooms?

CBS sportsline is free at the beginning typically before week 1 kicks off

So you can draft on sportsline and transfer your rosters before the season starts. Unless that has changed this year. NFL.com and espn host free league's every year as far as I recall.

ESPN Auctions are far superior in execution and user interface to everything else we've looked at. They are not as customizable as MFL, but for most leagues, free, super stable, and proven is enough. We simply transfer our rosters from ESPN to MFL for our regular season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread