What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tanking question in fantasy, the battle for first pick (1 Viewer)

Billy Bats

Footballguy
So we have rules in place protecting against absent/out-of-playoff owners who leave in injured players in their lineups when it comes to potential playoff positioning.

But this final week of our regular season has the bottom two teams playing each other for the first pick in the draft next year. It means nothing to anyone else in the league. If Team A loses he gets first pick while Team B would wind up with the third pick instead of Number 1. So Team A sat Archer and King Felix this week, not surprisingly Team B is pissed and complaining.

Does the league need to intervene and tell Team A who to start?

(I am neither team A or B, just looking for outside opinions. There is disagreement with my opinion)

I don't think there's anything you can do this year. We had an issue with this, and just completely randomized the order like the olden days.

Think you gotta let it slide unless there's a rule in place to prevent tanking. Or try to talk sense to the tanker.
There is no rule that he's breaking. Obviously he's not trying his best to win, but who am I as a fellow league owner to tell another league fee paid owner who he can start if he's within the rules?? It's a slippery slope these guys are treading on, and it's not one I think we need to go down. Felix got him 1.17 points against me last week, maybe he's hurt and his owner knows more about him than I do? Who am I to decide another team's lineup?

(I am neither team A or B, just looking for outside opinions. There is disagreement with my opinion)
So what is your opinion and what is the disagreement with it?
See above, but He's not breaking any rules, so he's fine for now. In fact I think it's a good strategy to get the first pick, albeit not terribly sportsmanlike, but it's not affecting anyone outside of these two teams so have at it IMO. League voted to change his starting rotation.ETA: disagreement is he's not playing in good faith by not starting his best guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy Bats said:
larch said:
Your final week of the regular season is this week? WTF?
:lol: Most of us are in the same football league and we didn't want it to overlap too long. 17 regular season weeks plus playoffs is plenty of baseball anyway.
No it isn't. It should be longer.

Billy Bats said:
larch said:
Your final week of the regular season is this week? WTF?
:lol: Most of us are in the same football league and we didn't want it to overlap too long. 17 regular season weeks plus playoffs is plenty of baseball anyway.
No it isn't. It should be longer.
Nah it's a H2H league, length is less important than in rotisserie. Works out perfect, play 4 division opponents 3x each and 5 out of division once each then playoffs. :thumbup:

In our league, the following year's draft lottery is weighted towards a higher finish in the standings. So the top 3 teams win money, and then the remaining 9 go into a lottery. But the 4th place team has the greatest chance of winning then 5th, and so on down to 12th. And then the 3/2/1 teams are slotted at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread