What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ALDON SMITH ARRESTED - RUH OHHHHH (1 Viewer)

When I saw this at the top of the page my initial though was "why did someone bump this old thread"

Damn dude just can't get out of his own way

And this is how a guy like R. Gregory can drop from top 10 pick to bottom of the 2nd round. I hope he's paying attention.

With as bad as the 49rs D is shaping up, anybody think Kaepernick might be a shark play just from the aspect of probably playing from behind and garbage time points?

Trent Baalke says 49ers covet LB Aldon Smith, TE Vernon Davis:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13379543/trent-baalke-says-san-francisco-49ers-covet-aldon-smith-vernon-davis

49ers "working hard" for Aldon Smith to remain in San Francisco:

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/49ers-working-hard-for-Aldon-Smith-to-remain-in-San-Francisco-38571458

Refocused Aldon Smith a linchpin for 49ers' defense:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/14128/refocused-aldon-smith-a-linchpin-for-49ers-defense

Stunning development for a player who was on the cusp of having a bright future after nearly destroying his career after the last incident. Not surprising given his past track record.

barackdhouse said:
BroadwayG said:
Can't remember an offseason quite like the 49ers have had.
That's cause there has never been an offseason as bad as this. Can't remember something that doesn't exist. Unreal.
The Niners could very well be the worst team in the league.

Hope nobody signs him. Hope he never plays another down.
Why? Why would you hope that? Did he beat up your sister or something? Because he squandered an amazing opportunity? Because he couldn't get out of his own way at times? Clearly he has a problem, I just hope he gets the help he needs.

Just seems odd that you would hope for a person, whom you've likely never met, to fail at his chosen profession.

barackdhouse said:
BroadwayG said:
Can't remember an offseason quite like the 49ers have had.
That's cause there has never been an offseason as bad as this. Can't remember something that doesn't exist. Unreal.
The Niners could very well be the worst team in the league.
Aldon Smith wasn't going to be the difference between 2-14 and 6-10 etc. 49ers have lost a ton of great players over the offseason, but I'd be still slot them above:

Washington

Tennessee

Tampa Bay

Oakland

Cleveland

Houston

Jacksonville

Shame on you for starting a new thread. This is the Shark Pool, dammit. You can only resurrect and cite to three year old threads!!!

Hope nobody signs him. Hope he never plays another down.
Why? Why would you hope that? Did he beat up your sister or something? Because he squandered an amazing opportunity? Because he couldn't get out of his own way at times? Clearly he has a problem, I just hope he gets the help he needs.

Just seems odd that you would hope for a person, whom you've likely never met, to fail at his chosen profession.
I hope he gets help too so he doesn't endanger any more lives.

Aldon Smith wasn't going to be the difference between 2-14 and 6-10 etc. 49ers have lost a ton of great players over the offseason, but I'd be still slot them above:
Washington

Tennessee

Tampa Bay

Oakland

Cleveland

Houston

Jacksonville
I wouldnt slot them ahead of the Montreal Alouettes.

Latest details.

1 - Struck a parked car in a parking lot near his home.

2 - Got out of car and did further damage (thus vandalism).

3 - Left scene without identifying himself (thus hit and run).

4 - Returned to scene later and police suspected he was under the influence, he failed a field sobriety test.

After breaking Reggie White's sack record in his first two seasons, he missed 5 games in 2013, 9 games in 2014, and appears to be looking at a minimum 1 year suspension. One of the bigger wastes of talent I've seen in the NFL (also Gordon and Blackmon).

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest details.

4 - Returned to scene later and police suspected he was under the influence, he failed a field sobriety test.
Well, at least that's better than I feared when I heard "hit and run." :shrug:

Soulfly3 said:
5th arrest apparently.

And then we have josh gordon, out for 2 yrs for jazz cigarettes.
Josh Gordon should use up a bit of the money he made, and rent major billboards in a handful of large cities in high traffic/exposed areas.

He should then put pictures of several of the "problem" players on this billboard, with their "light" sentences/punishment.

(Aldon Smith, Ray Rice, and a few of the others I won't go into here, you get the picture)

Actually, Rice may not be a good candidate, since at this point he is still not playing.

Then, there should be a picture of Josh to the side of said billboard,(or better yet underneath), saying simply.... "I'm Waiting"

Regardless of what many of you may think about Smith, and his troubles, the simple fact is that the league should oust these problem players.

His "problems" and issues were noted for quite some time, and instead of brushing them under the rug, they should have either been dealt with, or just cut him loose from the league.

I have by and large not spoken much about Josh Gordon on this board other than to say I knew from day 1 he had immense talent.

Its almost as if someone close to him was jealous of his situation, and had it in for him. This last plane and alcohol incident reeks of a bit of an inside conspiracy.

I can't remember the last time another one of the leagues "problem children" was confronted leaving a bar........... is there no difference?

Sure he has had his issues also, but to equate his "problems" with some of these others like Aldon Smith is just a joke.

TZM

I'm curious about the details around him "refusing to take responsibility". Did he deny doing any of these things? He did some of it but it somehow wasn't his fault?

Last year, for three felony weapons and two misdemeanor DUI charges, he was given 12 days jail time and three years probation.

So a seemingly inevitable one year/indefinite league suspension could be the least of his worries. Smith could be facing serious time due to violating terms of a multiple felony probation? What does a judge do next if he already gave him probation once for a DUI, and he returns a year later with another DUI. Obviously not probation.

Latest details.

Well, at least that's better than I feared when I heard "hit and run." :shrug:
Yeah at least nobody got hurt. I don't see any way he's suspended less than Gordon.

Last year, for three felony weapons and two misdemeanor DUI charges, he was given 12 days jail time and three years probation.

So a seemingly inevitable one year/indefinite league suspension could be the least of his worries. Smith could be facing serious time due to violating terms of a multiple felony probation? What does a judge do next if he already gave him probation once for a DUI, and he returns a year later with another DUI. Obviously not probation.
You'd be shocked. This is California where Vince Neil killed a guy under the influence and served 15 days in jail.

You'd be shocked. This is California where Vince Neil killed a guy under the influence and served 15 days in jail.
He killed Razzle and destroyed one of the best glam bands in history.

This has nothing to do with anything -- it's just a comment. Hanoi Rocks was one of the greatest and most seminal bands ever, and was destroyed by a bad act, presumably one that Razzle knew was going on. There's little innocence.

This comment sucks (my comment, that is. Massively sorry for any misunderstanding. The Razzle/Hanoi Rocks/Motley Crue thing has bugged me for years.)

RN's post was great. Tomsula was great.

I doubt it, since OJ and Robert Blake got away with murder.

Was Vince Neil on felony probation at the time?

Do people still not understand this? All drug/alcohol infractions are covered under the CBA and

Goodell does not make ANY decisions when a players breaks those rules for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,

4th, 5th and in Gordon's case 6th or 7th? time. Those punishments are preset.

People keep comparing NFL player drug alcohol use/abuse to our day job rules when they live

in a different universe. Goodell may dole out additional punishment for a multiple infraction(DUI/vandalism)

or one that is not covered by the CBA-vandalism.

It is not a question of justice what punishment they receive for breaking laws. It's just a question of how

effective($$$$) a lawyer they can get.

What a loser. Once the $ runs out, he may as well just check into the closest prison. Shouldn't be long.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Thursday that Smith converted the guarantee into monthly roster bonuses beginning in April, according to a source who has seen the deal. He is willing to bet on himself and earn the salary as he goes. :lmao: oops!

Users who are viewing this thread