What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 11th pick strategy (re-draft) in 12 team PPR (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
If a thread alredy exists, I apologize but if not, let's use this for those of us with the 11th pick (in re-draft) of 12 teams to strategize.

Are you going RB/RB? WR/WR? RB/WR? WR/RB? Might you draft a QB with one of your first two picks (Luck or Rodgers) or wait until later in the draft for a QB and if so, who might you target? What about TE? Grab Gronk with one of first two picks (if avail) or wait?

Post your strategy, targets, sleepers, thoughts & rationale.

Please also post your actual draft once completed along with any other applicable info to help each other out as drafting well is important to being competititve.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 11 last year and won my league. Went DTHOM and then DeMarco.

I've mocked a bunch from this spot this year and always like my team best when I go RB/WR. Get something like

Forte/DThom

DeMarco /ODB

Hill/Jones

I end up really weak at rb when I go Gronk at 11 (if he's even there) and although I get a killer WR combo if I go Wr/Wr, I better hope my later round RBs all hit, like Randle/Gore and Ellington/Spiller.

At the outset, I am thinking of going WR/WR. Anybody else considering this strategy (or not) and if not, any thoughts at this juncture?

At the outset, I am thinking of going WR/WR. Anybody else considering this strategy (or not) and if not, any thoughts at this juncture?
Yup. This year is filled to the brim with mid-round RBs. I have no problem getting someone like Morris in the 3rd, Yeldon in the 4th, Joique in the 5th, and playing matchups with three guys like that, while I have two uber stud WRs. It's my main strategy this year drafting anytime after slot 6.

I'm thinking of going RB/RB from the #10 spot in a PPR re-draft. (CJ + Hill) Then grabbing my WR's in rds 3+

Yup. This year is filled to the brim with mid-round RBs. I have no problem getting someone like Morris in the 3rd, Yeldon in the 4th, Joique in the 5th, and playing matchups with three guys like that, while I have two uber stud WRs. It's my main strategy this year drafting anytime after slot 6.
This is what I've been reading/hearing and I think it can work. If you can land 2 of top 8 WRs it's a good start. Also, picking 11 means you've got the second waiver pick and if you hold and don't panic right away, every year there is sure to be a RB that comes out of nowhere at some point. That being said, which two RB's are you targeting and why? The next question is, at what point do you snag your QB?

I'll look at one of my top 3 QBs (Luck, Rodgers, Peyton for me) at the 3/4 turn, and if they're gone, which in my league I assume they will be, then I don't intend to take a QB until 10 or so are off the board. Brady is a target of mine, as I like his discount (and I personally expect him to miss less than 4 games when this is all said and done) and I'm okay opening the season with a QBBC made of the guys in the teens (Cutler, Tannehill, Palmer, Bradford, Mariota, Winston, etc.) if it means I am loaded with depth and trade chips at RB and WR.

Pretty much the exact same thoughts on Tight End. With a late draft slot, I don't expect to see Gronk or Graham as an option, and don't think Kelce will be consistent enough to warrant a 3/4 pick.

In the one league I'm picking 11th from, it's a .5 PPR. More than likely going to try and snag a WR that fell like a Dez or Thomas in the 1st. In the 2nd, it could be either of those guys if they are still there or maybe a RB that slipped like a Lynch or Forte.

In my other league I pick 11th in, it's a PPR keeper. My keepers are going to be Lacy (4th) and Forsett (9th). So more than likely, I'm going after 2 of the top WRs to pair with my RBs. If I can land 2 of Dez, Thomas, Calvin, Jordy or Julio, I'll feel really good after 2 rounds.

Any completed drafts to post from the 11 spot of 12?

Most mocks I've been able to secure 2 of the following 3 going WR/WR....

Calvin

Nelson

Odell

Anybody fearing a sophomore slump for Odell?

Had my first draft of the season last night. All 3 drafts that I'm doing this year will be from the 11 spot.

This first was a 12-team PPR, all TDs are 6 points and we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 W/R/T, K, DST

1. Dez Bryant

2. Odell Beckham

3. Mark Ingram

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. Joseph Randle

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Gio Bernard

8. Davante Adams - draft was going on as the Jordy news broke

9. Tevin Coleman

10. Julius Thomas

11. Duke Johnson

12. Doug Baldwin

13. Knile Davis

14. Josh Hill

15. Cardinals

16. Mason Crosby

Had my first draft of the season last night. All 3 drafts that I'm doing this year will be from the 11 spot.

This first was a 12-team PPR, all TDs are 6 points and we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 W/R/T, K, DST

1. Dez Bryant

2. Odell Beckham

3. Mark Ingram

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. Joseph Randle

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Gio Bernard

9. Tevin Coleman

10. Julius Thomas

11. Duke Johnson

12. Doug Baldwin

13. Knile Davis

14. Josh Hill

15. Cardinals

16. Mason Crosby
Sexy team. :thumbup:

1. Dez Bryant

2. Odell Beckham

3. Mark Ingram

4. DeAndre Hopkins

5. Joseph Randle

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Gio Bernard

9. Tevin Coleman

10. Julius Thomas

11. Duke Johnson

12. Doug Baldwin

13. Knile Davis

14. Josh Hill

15. Cardinals

16. Mason Crosby
Sexy team. :thumbup:
Wish my RBs were a tad stronger, but having to only play 1 alleviates some of that problem.

And got lucky to get that Nelson news a few picks before I took Adams. Was worried someone would beat me to it. That one could really be nice for me.

I went from the 11 hole last Friday night. Non PPR but figured I'd post anyway since the thread is light with replies...

1. Julio Jones

2. CJ Anderson

3. DeAndre Hopkins

4. Greg Olson ( reached here I know )

5. Chris Ivory

6. Lagarrette Blount

7. Arian Foster

8. Doug Martin

9. John Brown

10. Eli Manning

11. Eric Decker

12. Davante Adams

13. Duke Johnson

14. Prater

15. Dolphins

Pretty happy overall. Obviously I've already been aided by Jordy's misfortune.

Even in a non-PPR, that doesn't look too bad. Not sure how I would feel with Ivory as my RB2, but if Foster isn't out long, you'll be fine at RB.

Yeah my plan was to only grab one RB in the first 4 rounds, then load up on RBs in the middle ( hence Ivory, Foster, Blount, Martin ).

Tbh, I wasn't too happy at first. My league usually goes RB heavy early on, takes QBs early, and TE's early. They surprised me by having a huge WR run in the 2nd round which kind of knocked my plan of loading up on quality WRs in the first 4 rounds astray, hence why was left with Hopkins as second WR and reached for Olson ( in repeated mocks from 11 was getting a much better second WR and Hopkins/Cooks as a third WR at top of round 4 )

Overall, I think the 11 spot is pretty tough this year. Definitely think this is a year to be in the middle of pack somewhere 5-8ish seems like the best positions to me. You will get either a grade A RB, or your choice of Brown/Gronk/ maybe Luck and swing back round quick enough to grab another top level WR.

If a thread alredy exists, I apologize but if not, let's use this for those of us with the 11th pick (in re-draft) of 12 teams to strategize.

Are you going RB/RB? WR/WR? RB/WR? WR/RB? Might you draft a QB with one of your first two picks (Luck or Rodgers) or wait until later in the draft for a QB and if so, who might you target? What about TE? Grab Gronk with one of first two picks (if avail) or wait?

Post your strategy, targets, sleepers, thoughts & rationale.

Please also post your actual draft once completed along with any other applicable info to help each other out as drafting well is important to being competititve.

Good Luck.
I chose the 11 spot in 3 of my leagues this year, as I saw a drop off after 15 players (pre foster/nelson injuries).

Man, did those injuries really hurt my team, and I absolutely hate this 11 spot right now. You need to hope someone takes luck or makes a bit of a reach on someone, because IMO there's a clear 12 now: Bell/Charles/AP/Lacy/Lynch/CJ/Dez/Odb/Brown/Julio/Calvin/Gronk + forte/cobb. If you like both forte and cobb, then that makes 14 and you'll be okay. But I'd much rather a bit earlier.

I got CJ anderson in 2 of those drafts alrady. Lynch at 2.02 in one, and Cobb at 2.02 in another. Not loving my team as much as some of the middle round picks at all.

Any completed drafts to post from the 11 spot of 12?

Most mocks I've been able to secure 2 of the following 3 going WR/WR....

Calvin

Nelson

Odell

Anybody fearing a sophomore slump for Odell?
Drafted on Sunday in a 0.5 PPR league. My team:

1.11 WR Demaryius

2.02 WR Julio

3.11 RB Ingram

4.02 TE Olsen

5.11 WR Cooper

6.02 WR Tate

7.11 RB Jennings (was targeting Yeldon, who was taken at 7.10)

8.02 RB Vereen

9.11 QB Eli

10.02 QB Bradford

11.11 RB Crowell

12.02 RB Mason

13.11 RB Sproles

14.02 PK Bailey

15.11 DST Colts

Nelson and Odell were both taken before 1.11.

I really like Gronk if he is there at 11. Don't really look at a QB til 9/10 turn. In the draft Im currently doing from 11 I took Forte at 2.2 which I really feel good about. Gambled by taking a 2nd TE Olson at 6.2 felt his value was great there and league has a Flex. Took my 1st QB and 10.2 and 2nd at 12.2.

Most of the mocks I'm doing from the 11 spot leave me with Gronk and Jeremy Hill as my first two picks.

Which looks most appealing this yr for first two picks?

Gronk - J Hill

Julio - Odell

Demarco - Julio/Odell

Most of the mocks I'm doing from the 11 spot leave me with Gronk and Jeremy Hill as my first two picks.

Gronk - J Hill

Julio - Odell

Demarco - Julio/Odell
If it's PPR, it's hard not to go Julio/Odell and get someone like a Miller/Ingram/Morris in the 3rd.

Lacy fell to me at 1.11 this year. I figured I couldn't go wrong after that.
Is this 1-RB setup or something? lol

A lot of the mocks I'm doing at the 11 spot

Gronk - J Hill

Julio - Odell

Demarco - Julio/Odell
If it's PPR, it's hard not to go Julio/Odell and get someone like a Miller/Ingram/Morris in the 3rd.
It's 0.5 ppr - forgot to include that part.

Lacy fell to me at 1.11 this year. I figured I couldn't go wrong after that.
Is this 1-RB setup or something? lol

A lot of the mocks I'm doing at the 11 spot

Gronk - J Hill

Julio - Odell

Demarco - Julio/Odell
It's 0.5 ppr - forgot to include that part.
Still tempting to go WR/WR. That's what I did in my PPR draft over the weekend from the same spot. Now granted, I only need to start 1 RB, but having a huge advantage at WR is pretty nice.

Gronk - J Hill

Julio - Odell

Demarco - Julio/Odell
If Gronk is available, he is must draft at 1.11 IMO. Looking at these combinations, I'd take Gronk + Julio/Odell.

This is how the first few rounds went down in my recent draft at 1.11:

1.11 DBryant

2.02 Gronk

3.11 MIngram

4.02 JRandle

5.11 JEdelman

6.02 GOlsen

7.11 ABoldin

8.02 GBernard

9.11 SSmith

10.02 TRomo

Not too psyched about my RBs, but I managed to grab Arian Foster in the 12th. Hope he heals up quickly.

Gronk & OBJ/Julio/CJ/Dez is what we may face. If no Gronk then probably CJ & OBJ/Julio. If no Gronk or CJ or OBJ then it's Julio & Luck/Dez.

Wondering about the Gronk & Luck combo?

This is how the first few rounds went down in my recent draft at 1.11:

1.11 DBryant

2.02 Gronk

3.11 MIngram

4.02 JRandle

5.11 JEdelman

6.02 GOlsen

7.11 ABoldin

8.02 GBernard

9.11 SSmith

10.02 TRomo

Not too psyched about my RBs, but I managed to grab Arian Foster in the 12th. Hope he heals up quickly.
I would of took Gronk at 1.11 great for him to be there 2.2.

Gronk & OBJ/Julio/CJ/Dez is what we may face. If no Gronk then probably CJ & OBJ/Julio. If no Gronk or CJ or OBJ then it's Julio & Luck/Dez.

I would never take a QB at 2.2 in a standard scoring league would have to be a superflex or two QB league for me to consider that.

im all for gronk in the first, and while i havent yet drafted for $, all my mocking shows alot of ground to make up if zero wr or rb are taken with first 2 picks.

im sure a decent team can be put together, i just havent been able to do it.

i personally also think the success of going te-qb would hinge on getting arian later in the draft.

for perspectives sake, id love to see the results of any team having gone te-qb.

-biz-

Someone in my draft last weekend took Luck/Gronk from the 1.10 spot. Decent RBs, but nothing much to look at WR wise.

The usual rule is if you take a QB or TE early, you pretty much can't take the other one for awhile or you'll miss on all the RBs/WRs.

His WRs are Cooper, White, Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson and Marques Colston. If it was 2010, his WRs would be stacked.

His RBs are Gore, Abdullah, Foster. So a little better, but has to rely on Foster and Gore staying/getting healthy.

Drafted from 11 of 12

6pt all TD's start 2rb/2wr/1wr/rb

1. (10) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

2. (15) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)

3. (34) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)

4. (39) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)

5. (58) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)

6. (63) Shane Vereen (NYG - RB)

7. (82) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)

8. (87) Joique Bell (Det - RB)

9. (106) Philip Rivers (SD - QB)

10. (111) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)

11. (130) Julius Thomas (Jax - TE)

12. (135) Charles Sims (TB - RB)

13. (154) New York (NYJ - DEF)

14. (159) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

15. (178) James White (NE - RB)

im all for gronk in the first, and while i havent yet drafted for $, all my mocking shows alot of ground to make up if zero wr or rb are taken with first 2 picks.

im sure a decent team can be put together, i just havent been able to do it.

i personally also think the success of going te-qb would hinge on getting arian later in the draft.

for perspectives sake, id love to see the results of any team having gone te-qb.

-biz-
Here's the roster of the guy who went Luck/Gronk in my draft last weekend from 1.10

1. Andrew Luck

2. Rob Gronkowski

3. Frank Gore

4. Ameer Abdullah

5. Amari Cooper

6. Arian Foster

7. Roddy White

8. Larry Fitzgerald

9. Marques Colston

10. Stevie Johnson

11. Eddie Royal

12. Dan Herron

13. Charles Clay

14. Adam Vinatieri

15. Colts

16. Kevin White

Drafted from 11 of 12

1. (10) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE) 2. (15) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB) 3. (34) Mark Ingram (NO - RB) 4. (39) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR) 5. (58) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR) 6. (63) Shane Vereen (NYG - RB) 7. (82) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) 8. (87) Joique Bell (Det - RB) 9. (106) Philip Rivers (SD - QB) 10. (111) Arian Foster (Hou - RB) 11. (130) Julius Thomas (Jax - TE) 12. (135) Charles Sims (TB - RB) 13. (154) New York (NYJ - DEF) 14. (159) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB) 15. (178) James White (NE - RB)
Why do you have 3 QBs?

My top 5 picks from 11 hole:

1- Dez

2 - Luck

3 - Gore

4 - J. Matthews

5 - Kelce (bad pick)
Not bad. It seems like Gore is about the best you can get for an RB at the 3rd pick from the 11 hole based on mocks and posts I've seen here.

My top 5 picks from 11 hole:

1- Dez

2 - Luck

3 - Gore

4 - J. Matthews

5 - Kelce (bad pick)
Personally don't like the Luck pick just don't like taking a QB that high. Also don't like the Kelce pick, great value last year overvalued this year IMO. Other picks are solid.

Drafted from 11 of 12

1. (10) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

2. (15) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)

3. (34) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)

4. (39) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)

5. (58) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)

6. (63) Shane Vereen (NYG - RB)

7. (82) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)

8. (87) Joique Bell (Det - RB)

9. (106) Philip Rivers (SD - QB)

10. (111) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)

11. (130) Julius Thomas (Jax - TE)

12. (135) Charles Sims (TB - RB)

13. (154) New York (NYJ - DEF)

14. (159) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

15. (178) James White (NE - RB)
Foster in the 10th ? Nice.

Whatever happened to setting and trusting your board? Why pre - determine positions?

Now, chances are, your board is going to indicate two WRs, but you never know how things will unfold in front of you.

Whatever happened to setting and trusting your board? Why pre - determine positions?

Now, chances are, your board is going to indicate two WRs, but you never know how things will unfold in front of you.
True. As in my real draft next week could end up playing out differently in the first 4 rounds than anything I"ve seen in mocks or posting. But I've been with this league for 2 years. I've noticed that many for the most part like to stockpile on RB's early and often. And last 2 yr's there have always been at least 2 qbs taken in the 2nd round.

QB: Sam Bradford, Tom Brady

RB: C.J. Anderson, Latavius Murray, Ameer Abdullah, Ronnie Hillman

WR: Julio Jones, Jordan Matthews, Steve Johnson, Eddie Royal, Leonard Hankerson

TE: Greg Olsen, Antonio Gates

PK: Justin Tucker

TD: Philadelphia Eagles

12 hole in 12 team .5 ppr.

Order:

Cj Anderson

Julio

J mathews

L Murray

Olsen

Abdullah

Brady

Bradford

Eddie royal

Hillman

S Johnson

Gates

Etc...

3 player keeper (1 rookie), PPR:

Keepers: Bell, Ingram, Hyde

1- AJ Green

2- Cobb

3- Stewart

4- Olsen

5- A. Robinson

6- Newton

7- C. Johnson

8- Flacco

9- J. Brown

10- Latimer

11- Bailey

12- Broncos

From the 11 spot yesterday I got CJ at 1.11 and Gronk in the second, then Matthews, Ingram, ivory and cooper. Waited a while on QB and grabbed Stafford.

Users who are viewing this thread