What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Lives Matter- but so do all lives (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
I've been thinking more and more about this BLM movement, and listening to its spokesmen, and the more I hear the more I don't like.

I absolutely believe that there is institutionalized racism in this country and that young black men are mistreated by police/ it's a real issue, we need to find ways to solve it, and I totally get the frustration and rage. But that doesn't make it right. These guys are divisive. As someone pointed out in the Bernie Sanders thread, they are more Malcolm X than Martin Luther King.

These people, like the Tea Party, like Occupy Wall Street, represent the growing extremism that is taking over the edges of our society. They don't seem to want rational discourse or real solutions. Instead they're just looking for a fight. Count me out.

West always seems so calm, cool and collected when I see him. Hard to believe he'd be supportive of the shrieking and yelling I saw on the video.

I've been thinking more and more about this BLM movement, and listening to its spokesmen, and the more I hear the more I don't like.

I absolutely believe that there is institutionalized racism in this country and that young black men are mistreated by police/ it's a real issue, we need to find ways to solve it, and I totally get the frustration and rage. But that doesn't make it right. These guys are divisive. As someone pointed out in the Bernie Sanders thread, they are more Malcolm X than Martin Luther King.

These people, like the Tea Party, like Occupy Wall Street, represent the growing extremism that is taking over the edges of our society. They don't seem to want rational discourse or real solutions. Instead they're just looking for a fight. Count me out.
Your choice of thread title makes it pretty clear that you were never really counted in to begin with.

Very glad to see this. Tim said it far better than I have been able to this past year. Since day one I have found the whole BLM movement to be racist and corrupt. Glad to see it exposed, and I think what we are seeing now is the beginning of the end. A lot of damage has been done, but hopefully we can pick up the pieces and deal with the real underlying issues at play here.

My Link

Bernie marched with Martin Luther King, I think. Not sure why he was a target by BLM.

they'll take away your liberal democrat card for this.

Very glad to see this. Tim said it far better than I have been able to this past year. Since day one I have found the whole BLM movement to be racist and corrupt. Glad to see it exposed, and I think what we are seeing now is the beginning of the end. A lot of damage has been done, but hopefully we can pick up the pieces and deal with the real underlying issues at play here.
Future generations will view Tim's thread as the watershed moment for race relations in this country.

BTW anyone who says or types the phrase "all lives matter" should be punted to the moon.
Or at least required to tattoo "I DON'T GET IT" on their forehead. I don't necessarily want to condemn them to a lonely existence orbiting our planet, but it would helpful if we could at least identify them so we don't waste time and energy on their opinions.

Philosophically motivated people who pick random people or groups of people to intimidate and/or do crappy things to in furtherance of their political aims are generally referred to as a terrorists. Just saying.
7. People who use strange fonts to post inane babble.

BTW anyone who says or types the phrase "all lives matter" should be punted to the moon.
Because some don't, honestly.
Let's list some examples.

1. Child molesters

2. Rapers

3. Raider Fans

4. People who fart on crowded elevators

5. The Kardashians
Farted in a library the other day and this lady smelled it and thought her baby #### his pants. Top 5 highlight of my life tbh.

Because some don't, honestly.
Let's list some examples.

1. Child molesters

2. Rapers

3. Raider Fans

4. People who fart on crowded elevators

5. The Kardashians

Farted in a library the other day and this lady smelled it and thought her baby #### his pants. Top 5 highlight of my life tbh.

Thank you for elevating the thread

I understand their point, but I don't agree with it. All lives DO matter. It grates me that Martin O'Malley had to apologize to these nuts. He shouldn't have.

I would love to see Hillary have a "Sista Souljah" moment with these people, but I doubt she will.

Didn't you guys ever watch that Disney movie about Hawaii and the space aliens?

Ohana. That means no one gets left behind.

Future generations will view Tim's thread as the watershed moment for race relations in this country.
Soon he will be on the 100 Greatest Americans list, alongside Joseph McCarthy.

they'll take away your liberal democrat card for this.
He never qualified to be issued one.

I just visited the Black Lives Matter website and all of their goals are focused on law enforcement, both policies and individual law enforcement officers. But if their aim is to save black lives, there is definitely some lower hanging fruit...

Guns kill people, but so do cars, and knives and etc...

Cancer sucks, but so does heart disease, ALS, Diabetes..etc.

Users who are viewing this thread