What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Show Me a Hero: HBO Miniseries (1 Viewer)

I was talking about the actual city. I have no doubt that this series will be solid
Wow, I am hungover/running on like no sleep and I completely misread that as the "The New Yorker says it pretty much sucks...." Time for a nap.

What happened the first 10 minutes? I turned it on late

Last edited by a moderator:
Was all set to watch this an hour ago off the DVR. I had my son set the DVR for me while I was busy doing something yesterday.

He set it up to record the Spanish version.

Love love love it....

Could just be that oscar issac is the most compelling actor to come down the pipe since those great 70's actors, he's electric.

Pretty much any time not spent on the mayor feels like a waste. But that stuff is good enough that I'm still enjoying it on the whole.

Yeah they are trying hard to develop all the other characters so that once the housing gets built, people move in and the SHTF, we'll be invested in these people. Maybe that will be the case, but it feels really forced right now. The political & courtroom drama is where the goodness is.

Yeah they are trying hard to develop all the other characters so that once the housing gets built, people move in and the SHTF, we'll be invested in these people. Maybe that will be the case, but it feels really forced right now. The political & courtroom drama is where the goodness is.
Totally agree. I couldn't possibly care less about crackhead woman, diabetes lady, teenage hosehound and her loser boyfriend, or Dominican woman and her kids. The dude from Fargo should show up and throw those kids into a woodchipper, that would be an end for that storyline.

Totally agree. I couldn't possibly care less about crackhead woman, diabetes lady, teenage hosehound and her loser boyfriend, or Dominican woman and her kids. The dude from Fargo should show up and throw those kids into a woodchipper, that would be an end for that storyline.
When they're on screen I'm here or playing Words with Friends. Thanks for the info about Dominican lady, I wasn't sure what country that was. She should stay there and let her kids learn to play baseball.

30 mins into EP 3 and fading hard. Not sure if this is irony or not but I've sat through 3 hour city council meetings that were more interesting.

Huge waste of talent here with that Oscar guy and Doctopus.

Excellent performances but pretty ham-fisted and preachy in how they approached the story. Forcing low-income housing into middle class neighborhoods is supposed to be good policy?

Also I wasn't aware of how the story ended and I was glad I didn't read any spoilers. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread