What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madden 16 PS4 League - Advancing Tue 11/24 (1 Viewer)

Corporation

Angry Bovine
Hey, I haven't done one of these in a number of years (since the NCAA days). There has been some interest in the gaming thread about starting up a league. Todem and BullDozier mentioned they may be interested.

No games are played online, humans play their games vs the CPU and any human vs human games are simmed. Everyone is on their honor not to reset if they are losing (hopefully they still have the number of restarts showing like they did on NCAA). There will also be trade restrictions. We'll start with the default All Pro sliders but may look to move to Todem's sliders for season 2.

Final rules will be determined after we get our members. We'll probably give everyone a week or so to get the game and play around with it a little before we start the draft.

This is for fun, and a lot of people don't like to play online due to lag and excessive cheese, so I understand if you are looking for a more competitive league.

Let me know if interested. Gamer Tag is FBG_Corp

In:

Corp - Colts

Todem - Dolphins

BullDozier - Vikings

BellJr - Steelers

Bucky86 - Chargers

BengalsFan - Seahawks

Cockroach - Packers

McIntyre - Bucs

Rules:

6 min quarters, All Pro

2 games played per week. If we can squeeze an extra one in on the weekends that'd be great.

All human v human games will be simmed.

No restarts, even if you lose. Honor policy, but the game does show if you restart as well, so please don't claim lots of connection or power issues.

During preseason, everyone can sign 1 Free Agent per week, and then once we advance to the regular season it will be unlimited.

You cannot trade any player signed this year (preseason or regular season) until after the Super Bowl. You can release the player if needed however.

You can make unlimited human trades (unless we think someone is just trying to destroy a team, which I don't think will happen here).

You get one "free for all" trade, which means you can do one trade with any team as long as the CPU accepts it.

You get one trade where you can do player for player straight up off their trade block. You can't add anything and you can't get anything else back in value even if the CPU would do it separately.

You get one trade where you can put a player on a trade block, and get back what the CPU offers you. Again you can't add or subtract anything.

As Joe would say, be excellent to each other. I know most people signed up and think this will be no problem.

Thanks and looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Draft Champions thing is cool, but it is not going to work for what we were thinking about. You get a base team, then you have 15 draft rounds where you select 1 of 3 players, and they don't always stack very well (I was swamped with TEs and REs). Very fun, but no year over year component and I think if you are doing the H2H version the humans have to play.

I think we'll be going with the standard connected franchise, so once we get the league together we'll determine franchise selection (do we want to take over bad franchises, or just hold a draft and everyone can have their favorites).

I'll play. Why are we simming player vs player games though? Aren't they the most fun?

I don't have the game yet. I think I'll wait until someone can confirm we can get a league to work the way we want it to.

FTR, I don't care if we do a fantasy draft or not. I've never done one, so I will probably suck. I'd be fine taking over a bad team. Off season and draft are the most fun for me anyway.

NittanyDodger on PSN.

I'll play. Why are we simming player vs player games though? Aren't they the most fun?
Personally can't stand playing on-line games. Between the lag and the "cheating" that goes on it takes all the fun out of the games.

I play on the Xbox otherwise I'd be in!

I don't have the game yet. I think I'll wait until someone can confirm we can get a league to work the way we want it to.

FTR, I don't care if we do a fantasy draft or not. I've never done one, so I will probably suck. I'd be fine taking over a bad team. Off season and draft are the most fun for me anyway.

NittanyDodger on PSN.
We will be taking over franchises, the new draft champion feature is not what we're looking for. Once we finalize the owners we'll decide if we all take bad teams or if people can get who they want. We'll also setup trade and free agent guidelines.

While we wait for the patches before we crank this up, be very careful playing Ultimate right now. Destroyed a team, then lost connection as I was going back to the main screen. Counted as a loss and used up contracts.

Also, if you do the first "re-write" history challenge, don't use your good players. All you have to do is punch it in from the one, I wasted a Bo Jackson contract on that.

Broke down and picked it up last night. I'm officially in whenever this gets kicked off.
Good stuff. We'll wait for the patch to come out but then get underway.

Let me know your thoughts on picking bad teams vs favorite teams. We will do a random draw to see who picks first. We'll also address free agent signings, trades, and the number of games to be played a week.

Broke down and picked it up last night. I'm officially in whenever this gets kicked off.

Let me know your thoughts on picking bad teams vs favorite teams. We will do a random draw to see who picks first. We'll also address free agent signings, trades, and the number of games to be played a week.
I'd vote for picking favorite teams over bad teams. I'm not going to be taking this overly seriously, so while I will be playing to win, I won't complain if someone's favorite team happens to be Indy or something. I'd just simply rather try to get the Vikes back to the Super Bowl than struggle with Jacksonville.

Are we at least going to play the user games in the playoffs? It's gonna be a user vs user SB which would be silly to simulate, imo.

Are we at least going to play the user games in the playoffs? It's gonna be a user vs user SB which would be silly to simulate, imo.
No
This literally sounds like the least fun league ever. You're only going to play the computer and are going to simulate the playoffs so nobody can concievably win the Super Bowl.

I don't even see the point, lol. There's literally no competition going on.

I would beat any of you 1-on-1 anyway. I didn't even pay for my game, I won a Madden tournament and got it for free.

I'd vote for picking favorite teams over bad teams. I'm not going to be taking this overly seriously, so while I will be playing to win, I won't complain if someone's favorite team happens to be Indy or something. I'd just simply rather try to get the Vikes back to the Super Bowl than struggle with Jacksonville.
Noted :) I think most people will be like this.

I'm a Cowboys fan, and pretty sure Todem is a Dolphin.

I just bought Madden for the first time in 7 or 8 years. I haven't opened it up yet and am hoping I don't regret it.

I also remembered that my All Pro Football 2k8(?) is now compatible with my XB1. Maybe I should fire that up instead?

Playing this game with my boys and I definitely need to get some decent sliders. Base sliders are super cheesey with how easy it is to throw deep and just have a tall receiver jump and get it.

I saw a video on Twitter over the weekend on a play someone did in practice mode. They assigned every single DB to Calvin Johnson and the QB threw a lob to him. He jupmed and got it over five or six defenders. That's pretty much how it feels like playing the game. So lame.

Playing this game with my boys and I definitely need to get some decent sliders. Base sliders are super cheesey with how easy it is to throw deep and just have a tall receiver jump and get it.

I saw a video on Twitter over the weekend on a play someone did in practice mode. They assigned every single DB to Calvin Johnson and the QB threw a lob to him. He jupmed and got it over five or six defenders. That's pretty much how it feels like playing the game. So lame.
Yep, they made that new feature way to OP. Looks like we have a good number with the 2 most recent sign ups so we'll look to finalize rules soon. Probably won't start gameplay until the patch comes out (which hopefully reduces the cheese a little bit).

Yep, they made that new feature way to OP.Looks like we have a good number with the 2 most recent sign ups so we'll look to finalize rules soon. Probably won't start gameplay until the patch comes out (which hopefully reduces the cheese a little bit).
I've had better luck defending lob passes by using the "play receiver"/ X button instead of Triangle like every other Madden in history. You won't get the interception, but I'm sick of my DB jumping up perfectly to snag the ball and having some 6'5" jackwagon pop up late and snag it one handed out of my guy's mitts. X at least tends to break up the catch in my short experience.

Yep, they made that new feature way to OP.Looks like we have a good number with the 2 most recent sign ups so we'll look to finalize rules soon. Probably won't start gameplay until the patch comes out (which hopefully reduces the cheese a little bit).
I've had better luck defending lob passes by using the "play receiver"/ X button instead of Triangle like every other Madden in history. You won't get the interception, but I'm sick of my DB jumping up perfectly to snag the ball and having some 6'5" jackwagon pop up late and snag it one handed out of my guy's mitts. X at least tends to break up the catch in my short experience.
Will have to try that going forward. My read of the tutorial was the x button would allow the catch, but make a sure tackle. That seemed pointless, but if it will actually attempt to break it up, I'm all over that.

We can still do a fantasy draft but everyone will have to be online to do it. If it can be coordinated, it would be very cool.

Up for anyway you want though.

Anyone else do the 15 round fantasy draft, but always lose in the last game? I completely dominate the first 2 games and get my ### kicked the last game.

Anyone else do the 15 round fantasy draft, but always lose in the last game? I completely dominate the first 2 games and get my ### kicked the last game.
I haven't lost yet (except once when the EA servers went down and it canceled the whole season) but the last game is harder. Judging by the kick meter speeds, I think the first game is on the rookie level, then pro next, to finally all pro. Not sure on that.

The rewards for the draft champions are for the ultimate team. If you get 10 of the badges for winning the whole season (of which I already have 7) you get 2 elite players.

Users who are viewing this thread