What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The audible podcast (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
I'm a listener, I really enjoy it and recommend it for those that haven't heard it.

That said, guys buy some new recording equipment. Do you just have two cans and a string setup and then a tape deck recording the conversation? Some of it is barely audible (hue hue hue).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a listener, I really enjoy it and recommend it for those that haven't heard it.

That said, guys buy some new recording equipment. Do you just have two cans and a string setup and then a tape deck recording the conservation? Some of it is barely audible (hue hue hue).
So true. It's very hard to listen with the audio quality.

On the Couch is by far the best show out there. As for the audible, I really like and respect all the hosts, but it's not what it used to be.

i've been listing to it for a 3 years, what grabbed my attention was that it was stright good football talk, none of the stupid sillyness you find on alot of shows. now i find them going off on non-topics far more often, this has me skipping ahead. Also I'm finding it has some less hot takes then before. But i still listen and enjoy every week.

And i Agree with the previous poster some people have excellent audio equipment(usualy the host team) and sound great others... i cant even hear them.

On the Couch is by far the best show out there. As for the audible, I really like and respect all the hosts, but it's not what it used to be.
Actually on the couch is the one with bad audio - maybe both do but on the couch definitely needs some tech upgrades.

I completely agree with the OP and have wanted to point out the sound quality in the past. The Footballguys podcasts are among the best fantasy podcasts in terms of content, but their audio is undoubtedly subpar. Better equipment would likely lead to more listens and downloads because many people are turned off by podcasts that don't sound crisp.

I tuned in this week to see how much crow would be eaten after hyping Frank Gore and saying to avoid Carlos Hyde all preseason. The answer is no crow was eaten which was disappointing.

I tuned in this week to see how much crow would be eaten after hyping Frank Gore and saying to avoid Carlos Hyde all preseason. The answer is no crow was eaten which was disappointing.
It's only 1 week. No reason to abandon ship after a game.

listen to all of the podcasts including IDP roundtable (my main $ league is IDP). Could live without what the heck flex, and I'll be glad to not hear the word "reveal" or "big reveal" for another year..

Check them out on youtube and you'll see why Bloom sounds so much better than the others..his mic >> Bramel/Lammey

Check them out on youtube and you'll see why Bloom sounds so much better than the others..his mic >> Bramel/Lammey
I think Lammey has the same mic as Sig.

Waldman needs an upgrade in his equipment and his sound conditioning. Sounds like he's in a cave.

I think it's safe to abandon the avoid Carlos Hyde ship.
He looked great. I won't deny it. Still, the worries about the 49ers are real and may prevent him from being as valuable as he might seem.

Gene is one of the better sources of injury information out there, especially about long-term stuff, so the first ~30 mins of Audible is always great. And Waldman may be one of the better podcasters out there when it comes to making detailed analysis instead of typical mundane "I like this guy because his offensive line is good" stuff. Bloom just needs to finish his first sentence before starting a second one halfway through.

Sig admitted the Hyde whiff during On the Couch this week with Waldman. He always advocates taking a stand but also having the stones to admit when you might be wrong and adjust accordingly, even after only 1 week.

You do realize that Knowshon Moreno was leading the NFL in rushing after week 1 last year, no?

Is it safe to say anything after 1 week?
Not really. In the "things we learned after week 1" thread, I posted people's observations from the 2014 thread. Basically, 75% of the things people said they knew turned out to be laughable.

The CBS podcast is a crackup. Seemingly everyday they promote a new type of show and try to direct people where to go. So unorganized and not well thought out.

Berry on espn was insufferable the past week. Is this the first time he has heard the public #### on him and his columns? I listen to his show but the first 10 minutes are tough. I know he's trying to create something more, then say the CBS show, but it's not gonna happen. Stop trying to make it happen.

The CBS podcast is a crackup. Seemingly everyday they promote a new type of show and try to direct people where to go. So unorganized and not well thought out.

Berry on espn was insufferable the past week. Is this the first time he has heard the public #### on him and his columns? I listen to his show but the first 10 minutes are tough. I know he's trying to create something more, then say the CBS show, but it's not gonna happen. Stop trying to make it happen.
Pretty sure the podcast has been doing quite well for several years so what would he be trying to crreate? He had a pretty good dynamic with Ravitz and Yates is turning out to be a train wreck. Tries to be funny and even when he is being self depricating he whiffs horribly.

*** Use than when making a comparison

Pretty sure the podcast has been doing quite well for several years so what would he be trying to crreate? He had a pretty good dynamic with Ravitz and Yates is turning out to be a train wreck. Tries to be funny and even when he is being self depricating he whiffs horribly.

You are really correcting grammar/punctuation? Ha.

Berry spends the first 10 minutes trying to create an interesting world you want to hang out in. Similar to what Simmons does with Sal/JackO and the rest. But Berry fails. Berry comes off like he has so much to do which makes his podcast and columns seem like an afterthought.

Berry spends the first 10 minutes trying to create an interesting world you want to hang out in. Similar to what Simmons does with Sal/JackO and the rest. But Berry fails. Berry comes off like he has so much to do which makes his podcast and columns seem like an afterthought.
I wasn't correcting grammar or punctuation.

So is he trying to create something more or come off like the podcast is an afterthought? Not sure why you have susck a hard on for the guy. His advice and schtick or much better than what Lammey has had to offer.

I don't like the Berry/Yates dynamic, don't listen anymore. However, Berry pretty much set the standard for mass fantasy football podcast consumption and most shows our there are trying to copy his success. He has numerous awards for best and fan favorite sports podcast.

"On the Couch" is my favorite fantasy football podcast.

But why are the standards for audio quality from the guest side so low?

Listening to the Bob Harris episode. Either he is calling in on his 1998 flip phone, or he's in a cave or a room with no fabric or carpet, while using the built-in mic on his laptop.

In today's golden age of podcasting, this is unacceptable.

I wasn't correcting grammar or punctuation.

So is he trying to create something more or come off like the podcast is an afterthought? Not sure why you have susck a hard on for the guy. His advice and schtick or much better than what Lammey has had to offer.
It's are... "or" is to denote an alternative. "Are" denotes what something is.

Funny to get this bumped, seems like it's still the same old equipment. On the couch is more like on the phone. Still great tho. 

The blurb is funny- fantasy analyst and phish head, that's who we are all listening to. Keep tossing out those crunchy opinions dude!

I still really enjoy listening to the show, and for me it's going on at least 11 years.  

I use Sig, Cecil, Matt, Jene, etc as an additional source of information that I trust.  And fact of the matter, while there have been misses, there have been some big hits, especially with Cecil's insight to the Broncos. 

I will be forever grateful for the infamous phrase uttered by Cecil about a 4th round WR from Central Florida which drove me to draft him in my dynasty league where he's been a major contributor to several Championships over the past 11 years.  

"AHHHHHHHHH, Brandon Marshall!! 

And also, nailing Julius Thomas's breakout season, was huge for me that season as I was desperate at TE. 

I could stand to hear less about Pittsburgh sports team..  

Anyone (staff?) know if/how I can download the podcasts in mp3 form?  That is, when I click on the links, they just pop open in Windows Media Player.  I'd like to download the files and put them on my mp3 player.

Thanks.

Anyone (staff?) know if/how I can download the podcasts in mp3 form?  That is, when I click on the links, they just pop open in Windows Media Player.  I'd like to download the files and put them on my mp3 player.

Thanks.
Ever use an app for podcasts? Have a smartphone?

Users who are viewing this thread