What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst President (1 Viewer)

Worst President

• Obama

Votes: 59 54.1%
  • Jimmy Carter

Votes: 50 45.9%

• Total voters
Jimmy Carter may not have been a great President, but he has been probably the best ex-president of them all. Hands down.

Neither. Poll is fatally flawed.
:yes: Any poll that doesn't include James Buchanan is incomplete.

As President, he was often called a "doughface", a Northerner with Southern sympathies, who battled with Stephen A. Douglas for control of the Democratic Party. Buchanan's efforts to maintain peace between the North and the South alienated both sides, and the Southern states declared their secession in the prologue to the American Civil War. Buchanan's view of record was that secession was illegal, but that going to war to stop it was also illegal. Buchanan, an attorney, was noted for his mantra, "I acknowledge no master but the law."[1]

By the time he left office, popular opinion was against him, and the Democratic Party had split. Buchanan had once aspired to be a president that would rank in history with George Washington.[2] However, his inability to identify a ground for peace or address the sharply divided proslavery and antislavery partisans with a unifying principle on the brink of the Civil War has led to his consistent ranking by historians as one of the worst presidents in American history. Historians in both 2006 and 2009 voted his failure to deal with secession the worst presidential mistake ever made.[3]

Obama is just awful, can't wait to see him out of office
Do you also blame the emergency responders for the severity of a car crash?
Depends, did the emergency responders pour gasoline on to the fire and engulf the surrounding neighborhood? Did they create a law that requires everyone to have health insurance and lie about who ultimately will end up paying for the costs?

Obama is just awful, can't wait to see him out of office
Do you also blame the emergency responders for the severity of a car crash?
Depends, did the emergency responders pour gasoline on to the fire and engulf the surrounding neighborhood? Did they create a law that requires everyone to have health insurance and lie about who ultimately will end up paying for the costs?
The crashed car was on fire? Link?

Say what you will, but if nothing else Jimmy Carter was and is a gentleman.

Not sure that applies to the other guy.

The last two presidents are two of the the worst ever. I fear the next one will be too (based on the candidates available).

When President Obama was elected I thought he could either turn out to be Bill Clinton with morals or Jimmy Carter with charisma. He is definitely closer to the latter.

LBJ was no prize either.
His civil rights bills alone make him a consensus top 15 pick. He got a lot done in his six years as president and only Vietnam prevented him from doing more for the country. He definitely botched Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator:
tommy, when you compare two things, it's "worse". you're welcome.
no they are competing for "Worst" so pick one
Wouldn't that be the Teapot Dome Scandal guy? Or maybe the President that talked so damn long in his opening speech that he got pneumonia and died?

Would think those two guys would be more in the running.
Teapot Dome had the loudest fans ever IMHO.

@realDonaldTrump: Let's not forget JFK. That guy was a perv, and he got shot in the head. I like my presidents to not get shot in the head.

pollardsvision said:
I thought Tim covered this?
I did indeed.

Carter was ranked 3rd from the bottom. Terrible President, IMO. Also I strongly disagree with those who believe that he has been a fine-ex-President. He's been terrible at that too, supporting awful regimes around the world. Carter seems to have a moral blind spot for dictatorships of the left. His book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, is a shameful embarrassment, filled with falsehoods- (and the use of the word "Apartheid" to describe the Israeli-Palestinian situation is especially false and outrageous. I'm sorry that the man is ill; he has always seemed like a decent sort. Just terrible in the political world IMHO.

Obama is a different story entirely. I have never accepted the notion that he is an awful President. There is simply no way to reach that conclusion unless one is rigidly conservative (in which case you regard ANY Democrat, and even most moderate Republicans, as terrible Presidents- I suspect that's about where tommyboy is.) I considered Obama after his first term to be a mediocre President. He achieved his main goal (Obamacare) but without any bipartisan support it's future remains tenuous. He also has demonstrated hubris and contempt for his opposition in Congress. But I also have to take into account his foreign policy accomplishments, which overall are the best since Richard Nixon.

In his second term, Obama has excelled, achieving victory after victory. These victories have shown Obama to be a moderate, centrist President, and therefore he has managed to outrage the extremists on the far left and right. That's usually a sign that you're doing things right. I revised my assessment and moved Obama all the way up to #13. Depending on what happens the rest of the way, he may edge into the top 10, especially if the Iran deal goes through and he makes some headway on climate change.

Not sure if we will ever have a president that is well liked anymore unless something happens to bridge the political divide

Or maybe the President that talked so damn long in his opening speech that he got pneumonia and died?
You mean William Henry Harrison? Egad, he was sick his entire presidency and couldn't do anything. I'm willing to give the guy an Incomplete for a grade.
That's the chap. Two hour inaugural address with no coat on.

Or maybe the President that talked so damn long in his opening speech that he got pneumonia and died?
You mean William Henry Harrison? Egad, he was sick his entire presidency and couldn't do anything. I'm willing to give the guy an Incomplete for a grade.
That's the chap. Two hour inaugural address with no coat on.
F###er deserved it. Seriously, who gives a two hour inaugural address?

Obama (even if W were an option...and it isn't even close). Obama isn't the worst of all time but he's easily the worst IMO since WWII.

It was neck and neck between Obama and Carter but Jimmy did something right though when he passed H.R. 1337 legalizing homebrewing. That alone was enough to tip the scales in his favor. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread