What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which is more ridiculous? Food related abominations. (1 Viewer)

Which is more ridiculous?

• Putting shredded lettuce on a BLT

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Mixing PB&J in a bowl prior to spreading it on a sandwich

Votes: 141 77.5%

• Total voters

Worm

slimy ninja
Which one of these food related abominations makes you want to punch the person in the face more?

Went with the PB&J. Shredded lettuce could have been a one time necessity. The PB&J non-sense was thought out ahead of time.

Looks like I am alone here. I REALLY hate shredded lettuce unless it's on a taco. It's pretty bad on a BLT, even worse on a good burger.

if you're making a PB&J sandwich for later, then mixing them is the only way to go. Otherwise the jelly (or honey, as is my preference) soaks into the bread and totally ruins it.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're making a PB&J sandwich for later, then mixing them is the only way to go. Otherwise the jelly (or honey, as is my preference) soaks into the bread and totally ruins it.
I pack a PB&J for lunch every once in a while. Never really noticed a problem. Hundreds of school kids get PB&Js packed for their lunch every day. :shrug:

I've never had this problem in my eating career
I have....with honey. I don't know why my mother messed with the equation by putting honey instead of Concord Grape, but she did one day....once. I had a ball of sticky dough as my sandwich that day.

I have....with honey. I don't know why my mother messed with the equation by putting honey instead of Concord Grape, but she did one day....once. I had a ball of sticky dough as my sandwich that day.
I could see having a problem with honey.

I pack a PB&J for lunch every once in a while. Never really noticed a problem. Hundreds of school kids get PB&Js packed for their lunch every day. :shrug:
If you're making PB&J for later, put PB on both sides.

does this pay well? where do I send my resume?

My first impluse was to vote shredded lettuce, but if that's all you have in the house, the emergency situation is excusable. Mixing PB&J is an intentional douchiness.

Never understood why people have an issue with pre-mixing PB&J, from a dietary view.

When it comes to efficiency, I wonder what the hell you people are thinking when you do this. Why are you dirtying more dishes/silverware than you need to? Do you really like washing them that much?

Never understood why people have an issue with pre-mixing PB&J, from a dietary view.

When it comes to efficiency, I wonder what the hell you people are thinking when you do this. Why are you dirtying more dishes/silverware than you need to? Do you really like washing them that much?
And what about all the pb&j mix that's left in the bowl. You can't possibly pick up every bit of it.

Waitwaitwaitwait, what is this PB & Honey nonsense?
Honey >> Jelly

PB,H&B is awesome.
my rankings:Fluff

Grape Jelly (purely for nostalgia)

Honey

huge dropoff

All other jellies
my word those are some terrible rankings
:goodposting: Any kind of good jam made with mostly real fruit >>>>> that garbage. Grape jelly, really?
What are you of those strawberry jelly guys? Or apricot jam? Weirdo.

Yeah who doesn't put PB on both?

Yeah who doesn't put PB on both?
:hey:

Easily the pb&j violation. That is the main ingredient in that sandwich while lettuce clearly takes a backseat to the bacon and tomato in a good BLT.

Mixing the PB and J is pretentious. Next you'll tell me it's on old world bread, PB from organic, free forest peanut trees and artisan jelly.......

If I'm thinking correctly, shredding the lettuce allows more surface area of the lettuce to absorb the tomato and the bacon juices. That's a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waitwaitwaitwait, what is this PB & Honey nonsense?
Honey >> Jelly

PB,H&B is awesome.
my rankings:

Fluff

Grape Jelly (purely for nostalgia)

Honey

huge dropoff

All other jellies
my word those are some terrible rankings
:goodposting: Fluff over raw honey? who are you? Otis?
Fluff , not the crap kraft version kicks ###
my wife likes that #### too.

Now imagine the BLT person mixed the shredded lettuce together with chopped tomato and bacon bits. Only then does it approach the level of the PBJ atrocity.

Now imagine the BLT person mixed the shredded lettuce together with chopped tomato and bacon bits. Only then does it approach the level of the PBJ atrocity.
I can agree with this I guess...in the scenario wouldn't everything be falling out of the bread? I mean how the hell's that all stay in there?

by later i assume you mean you are making like a months worth or something, because a pb&j made in the only sensible manner can stand for hours no issue

honey does not start with a J

jelly and jam are acceptable, if i am in a good mood you'll get by with preserves, honey is something different

I can agree with this I guess...in the scenario wouldn't everything be falling out of the bread? I mean how the hell's that all stay in there?
now take the diced tomato, bacon bits and shredded lettuce. Put it in a wrap.

Users who are viewing this thread