What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Personal VDI/Cloud desktop (1 Viewer)

Rove!

Footballguy
What are options to have a cloud desktop that I could install apps on and run from an iPad?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
There are tons. Citrix is a good one for business. But you can do it with VMWare and Amazon as well. Takes a little wrangling. If you are trying to wrangle something on your own I would suggest google apps. It won't look like a desktop per se, but the whole thing can be run out of any browser out there including mobile.

There are tons. Citrix is a good one for business. But you can do it with VMWare and Amazon as well. Takes a little wrangling. If you are trying to wrangle something on your own I would suggest google apps. It won't look like a desktop per se, but the whole thing can be run out of any browser out there including mobile.
Can I download and install an app on those?

Mr. Ected said:
Are you trying to connect to a desktop over web or wifi?
Looking for a desktop that lives in the cloud
Not sure of any personal hosted solutions. You could always use Azure or AWS and build your own. I can't image that would be very economical. What are you trying to accomplish? There are many solutions that allow for remote access to your desktop/laptop from anywhere or any device.

Mr. Ected said:
Not sure of any personal hosted solutions. You could always use Azure or AWS and build your own. I can't image that would be very economical. What are you trying to accomplish? There are many solutions that allow for remote access to your desktop/laptop from anywhere or any device.
I don't want to buy local hardware and OS and maintain it.

Is this for a business application, are you spending some money. Azure has some awesome options and you only pay by the minute you have it running. It can be very economical.

Mr. Ected said:
Exactly. What are the aspirations, goals and intentions here?

Mr. Ected said:
Have a desktop in the cloud where I can download and run a few apps and access from an iPad if necessary

Mr. Ected said:
I don't want to buy local hardware and OS and maintain it.
FYI you're still going to need to maintain the OS in the cloud....and not really aware of any personal hosted desktop services. You could buy compute from AWS or Azure, but you would have to install and setup the OS yourself.

Have a desktop in the cloud where I can download and run a few apps and access from an iPad if necessary
Good news! You don't need a desktop.

Users who are viewing this thread