What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rate My Team Thread*** (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
My Team per FBG:

Congratulations! You seem to have grabbed quality players at every turn of this draft. It's rare indeed to be better than the average team at the three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver), but we think this team is.

You must be among the favorites in this league and have positioned yourself to grab one of the playoff spots. But before you start engraving the trophy, realize that the draft is not the end of the story. Things can and do go wrong, so you need to remain diligent throughout the year to ensure you remain strong until the playoffs.

Players we particularly like on this team include Odell Beckham Jr, DeAndre Hopkins, Eric Decker, Devonta Freeman, C.J. Spiller, Pierre Garcon, Ameer Abdullah, Amari Cooper, and Matthew Stafford. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line: This team is a virtual lock to go to the playoffs.

Do I have a good chance to win the league?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a weekly $100 bet with the following team:

Overview:

Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. Because the position is so sought after, a team constructed like this usually has a chance to make the playoffs. But with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger from last season, Nick Foles from the year before, and Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck from the year before that. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams. Similarly, wide receivers like Odell Beckham, Jr. and Brandon LaFell were available after a lot of the drafts last season. Landing some of this year's top waiver players would be a huge help, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Players we particularly like on this team include C.J. Anderson and Rueben Randle. We have both these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line:

• With great inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With good inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With average inseason management, we think you have a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs.
How should I do?

all the guys give my team the exact same percentages to go to the playoffs... 85%

seems... odd.

Overview:

Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. Because the position is so sought after, a team constructed like this usually has a chance to make the playoffs. But with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger from last season, Nick Foles from the year before, and Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck from the year before that. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams. Similarly, wide receivers like Odell Beckham, Jr. and Brandon LaFell were available after a lot of the drafts last season. Landing some of this year's top waiver players would be a huge help, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Players we particularly like on this team include C.J. Anderson and Rueben Randle. We have both these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line:

• With great inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With good inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With average inseason management, we think you have a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs.
How should I do?
How's your inseason management?

Overview:

Bottom line:

How should I do?
shouldn't matter

Overview:

Players we particularly like on this team include C.J. Anderson and Rueben Randle. We have both these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.Bottom line:

How should I do?
shouldn't matter

Oh cool, so you got Gates?

Overview:

Players we particularly like on this team include C.J. Anderson and Rueben Randle. We have both these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.Bottom line:

How should I do?
shouldn't matter

Me

QB: Tony Romo, Matthew Stafford

RB: Justin Forsett, Andre Ellington, C.J. Spiller, Ameer Abdullah, Devonta Freeman

WR: Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr, DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Eric Decker, Pierre Garcon

TE: Delanie Walker

PK: Stephen Gostkowski

TD: Carolina Panthers

Can we make this the official rate my team thread?

Luck

A Brown, A Green, A Cooper, S Smith, E Royal, Hankerson, Brandon Coleman

C Hyde, Gurley, J Bell, Tre Mason, Knile Davis, Artist-Payne

G Olsen

Prater

Seattle

Drafted tonight, RB is terrible!

You have him crushed at QB and WR imo, and probably RB too with that depth. I like CJ Anderson and Megatron (though he's injured a lot), but after that it goes downhill fast. Seems like he needs a lot of unlikely scenarios to go his way. But you never know.

Overview:

How should I do?
shouldn't matter

Me

QB: Tony Romo, Matthew Stafford

RB: Justin Forsett, Andre Ellington, C.J. Spiller, Ameer Abdullah, Devonta FreemanWR: Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr, DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Eric Decker, Pierre GarconTE: Delanie WalkerPK: Stephen GostkowskiTD: Carolina Panthers
I would give that a 134.6546654.

Very solid.

You do realize when you use and follow the FBG system and somebody uses a different system to draft, the FBG grading system should give you a higher grade every time?

You have him crushed at QB and WR imo, and probably RB too with that depth. I like CJ Anderson and Megatron (though he's injured a lot), but after that it goes downhill fast. Seems like he needs a lot of unlikely scenarios to go his way. But you never know.
Crushed at QB? Just no. Chet's team is slightly better, but only because Justin Forsett will be a top 5 RB this year.

Users who are viewing this thread