What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seth Roberts WR - Oakland Raiders (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
[SIZE=10.5pt]Adam Caplan[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]@[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]caplannfl[/SIZE] [SIZE=7.5pt]9m9 minutes agohttps://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/639885706224140289 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Roberts had a huge game last night vs. #https://twitter.com/hashtag/Seahawks?src=hashSeahawks[/SIZE] (7-110-1 TD

[SIZE=10.5pt] Adam Caplan@caplannfl https://twitter.com/caplannfl[/SIZE][SIZE=7.5pt]10m10 minutes agohttps://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/639885540880424962 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]#https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hashRaiders[/SIZE] receiving interest from other teams about WR Seth Roberts. Has done well enough on tape that other teams have noticed.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Seth Roberts hype train is off. What I saw last night has me convinced he's Oakland's starting slot WR ahead of Rod Streater and Andre Holmes. Double tap corner TD was a beaut. [/SIZE]

The Raiders have "received interest" regarding the trade availability for WR Seth Roberts.

Roberts has been a preseason standout, piling up 15 receptions for 243 yards and a touchdown in exhibition games. He went 7-110-1 in Thursday night's preseason finale. 24 years old, Roberts stands 6-foot-2, 196 and went undrafted out of West Alabama in 2014. Roberts ran a 4.44 forty at his Pro Day. Sep 4 - 3:43 PM

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

He needs Crabtree to go elsewhere in 2016.
Negative. Crabs is the perfect compliment to Coop on the far side while Roberts fits the role of playmaker slot WR. I guess it goes to the idea that Carr can support 3 fantasy worthy wideouts? I think he can TBQH.

Negative. Crabs is the perfect compliment to Coop on the far side while Roberts fits the role of playmaker slot WR. I guess it goes to the idea that Carr can support 3 fantasy worthy wideouts? I think he can TBQH.
If Crabs does go elsewhere, can Roberts move to the outside or is he best served in the slot? Seems like Roberts has the size to play on the outside.

I had Roberts rostered a while back and dropped him for just this reason. They're also talking about wanting to get Walford (TE) more involved after he had a nice game, and I have him in that same league.

So if Crabtree sticks around, and you assume both he and Cooper will get theirs, which (if either) of WR3 and TE will get enough love to be relevant for FF?

I had Roberts rostered a while back and dropped him for just this reason. They're also talking about wanting to get Walford (TE) more involved after he had a nice game, and I have him in that same league.

So if Crabtree sticks around, and you assume both he and Cooper will get theirs, which (if either) of WR3 and TE will get enough love to be relevant for FF?
I would have guessed for dynasty purposes Walford would be the 3rd receiving option. But he's been a very good run blocker. He may develop into a pass catching option and he may be just a decoy. You see the Raiders have used Seth in game winning plays multiple times this season and already has 4 TD's in do or die situations. I think it speaks volumes that Carr is willing to go to him and the coaching staff believes in Seth with the game on the line. If it was just one week, you could maybe call it an aberration, but Seth's been counted on to win one on one matchups with the game on the line. For fantasy purposes, he reminds me a bit of Lance Moore when he played for the Saints.

He appears to use a trap the ball against his body catching technique.
He can pluck the ball when it is away from his body but unfortunately he seems to do this whenever the ball is coming right at him. If he squares up towards the QB, he doesn't reach out and catch with his hands, he allows it to get to his body.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Raiders and WR Michael Crabtree have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $35M, source said. He gets nearly $19M guaranteed.
As a Roberts owner in 4 dynasty leagues, this was not the news I wanted to hear. Debating if I should hold him and hope for the best or roll the dice on another prospect.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Raiders and WR Michael Crabtree have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $35M, source said. He gets nearly $19M guaranteed.
As a Roberts owner in 4 dynasty leagues, this was not the news I wanted to hear. Debating if I should hold him and hope for the best or roll the dice on another prospect.
I'm having the same thoughts. I need to take a look what else is out there.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

I hate to be that guy but injuries do happen. Handcuff to a highpower passing attack. I think he's legitimately talented and the way that Oakland plays they're always throwing the ball. He's got the 3rd most chemistry with Derek Carr who I think is going to be pretty good statwise.

I can't seem to get the details on his contract - information is not consistent. Anybody know? I think he is committed to Oakland for next year. I too was hoping Crabtree would move on, now I need to figure out if/when Roberts can move on...

I can't seem to get the details on his contract - information is not consistent. Anybody know? I think he is committed to Oakland for next year. I too was hoping Crabtree would move on, now I need to figure out if/when Roberts can move on...
Here is what I found. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/seth-roberts/

Looks like he is an exclusive rights free agent in 2016.

Currently on a one-year deal for $435,000 .

TZM

While the contract for Crabtree slows things down for Roberts, I'm still holding. I have a feeling Crabtree misses at least 5 games next season due to "injuries". He was playing on a prove it contract. Now that he's been paid, he can go back to his old ways.

Derek Carr said WR Seth Roberts consistently "won his route" last season.

"When you have that and the third corner guarding him or a safety coming down guarding him and have that guy consistently winning, it just opens up so many things," Carr said. "And he’s not just winning, he’s creating separation." Roberts caught 32 passes for 480 yards and five touchdowns in his first real season of NFL action. It is tough to see him blowing past those numbers this year with Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree entrenched atop the depth chart, but it is clear Carr would trust Roberts to make plays if either of the starters went down.

Source: CSN Bay Area

Asked about Seth Roberts' training camp, Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said he's been "OK."
Del Rio hinted he hasn't been thrilled with his No. 3 wideout's effort this summer. "I think he's starting to feel pushed a little bit, which is what we'd like to have," Del Rio said. Roberts' job isn't in danger, as there's no one who could realistically "push" him. Hopefully the third-year UDFA has gotten the message. Roberts scored five touchdowns on 55 targets last season, and drew praise from Derek Carr earlier this summer.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter 
Aug 23 - 7:40 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10142/seth-roberts

Raiders tendered exclusive rights free agents WR Seth Roberts, OL Denver Kirkland and TE Gabe Holmes.

Roberts scored five touchdowns for the second consecutive season in 2016, but saw his play regress. He was one of the most mistake-prone wideouts in football. Derek Carr trusts Roberts in the red zone, but he could face competition for No. 3 duties in 2017. Mar 9 - 11:03 PM

Source: CSN Bay Area

Have had this guy rostered in several of my dynasty leagues (mostly as a handcuff for Cooper).

Debating whether to move on in my leagues rather than continue to burn a roster spot.  Interesting that I am in dozen leagues and he is not a free agent in any of them (?)

Thoughts on whether is worth a dynasty hold?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread