What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver LBs (1 Viewer)

3optic

Footballguy
I faded the position in a start up dynasty. It's salary cap but players can be cut with no penalty. $250 cap.

Tackles 1.25 Assists .5 Sack 4

My LBs (can start all 4):

Preston Brown $1

Clay Mathews $6 (likely dropped end of season at this price)

Curtis Lofton $2

*Demario Davis (FA, tossed back at years end)

*Waiver LBs

Donald Butler

Shea McClellin

Christian Jones

Sam Barrington

Malcolm Smith

Michael Wilhoite

*All would be dropped at season's end.

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what your question is. If you are just looking for a ranking of the waiver LB's I would put them in this order:

Butler - really had a strong preseason and looks to be flying all over the place

McClellin- I think he will be more consistent than Jones and that's why I have him a notch ahead here.

Jones - Athletic but still learning. More upside than McClellin but may have more stinkers

Wilhoite - SF is going to have a lot of tackle opportunities and I think he will benefit

Barrington - Solid and unspectacular

Smith - someone had to be last on the list.

Sorry. looking for possible upgrades, this season only.

In other words: who would you be dropping and who to pick up before Sunday.

Only guy I'm looking to hold is Preston Brown.. maybe Lofton depending on production. The cap was expansive for the start up and is getting reduced from 350 to 250 so unless an IDP is cheap, they'll get thrown back. I'm looking to fill those positions through free agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think Curtis Lofton is 3-down in Oakland. Some rumblings that Malcolm Smith is instead.

If Lofton isn't, would drop him for Butler or one of the Chicago guys (prefer Jones, but McClellin got the green dot - aka dime LB).

If Smith is 3-down, he will be more valuable than Lofton, too. Might wait to see it play out in week 1, though.

If you can start 4, I'd be looking to add all of these guys and playing matchups, but I do prefer Brown, Matthews, and Davis to all of them.

No interest in Wilhoite (Bowman will dominate stats, not 3-down) or Barrington (mediocre talent, questionable for Week 1, and a rookie on his heels).

As luck would have it, dropped Lofton (1 tkl, 1 ast) for Butler who performed well in first half, disappeared as Lions offense started to fade.

Did anyone watch the Raider's game?

Thanks for the insight!

Users who are viewing this thread