What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2015 NHL Reg Season*** Gostibehere best prospect ever (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
OK Here we go.

Preseason games start next week. We've got Patrick Kane in limbo--the team will announce whether he will attend training camp in the next 24 hours. Signs point to him attending but who knows.

Anyone have this year's version of Tyler Johnson or Nikita Kucherov? I'd even take a Sean Monahan or two. In other words, young guys that crack the top 6 and make a meaningful impact on their teams. Guys who can be drafted late or for cheap depending on your auction format. Maybe Marko Dano is one candidate this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from a golf outing. Kane going to hawks training camp. They seem confident.

Anyone play FD daily hockey? How much is a PP goal worth? On the site, it says goals are worth 3 and PP goals are worth 0.5.

ppg = 0.5?

ppg = 3.5?

Anyone play FD daily hockey? How much is a PP goal worth? On the site, it says goals are worth 3 and PP goals are worth 0.5.

ppg = 3.5

ETA:I'm pretty sure you get the bonus of 0.5 for any PP point

No real surprises in the Caps cuts so far.Derek Roy and Justin Peters were waived so that means Grubauer won the backup job behind Holtby and I thought Roy looked mediocre at best so it was worth a shot to see what he could do.

The Kuzy/Ovie/Ohsie line was on fire against the Isles last night with 9 points between them all.Carlson also had a strong night with a 4 point effort and i fully expect his game to rise even higher this year.With Backstrom out at least until November you could see a huge start for Kuzy and get him off and rolling for a nice season.

Also looks as though Orlov and Schmidt will be the bottom pairing.

Dylan Larkin makes the Wings opening night roster. :thumbup:
FWIW, Dobber's unsure that he stays. From today's Ramblings:

Dylan Larkin is still on the Red Wings after the latest round of cuts, however the team still needs to cut three more and I think he'll be one of them. It would be nice to see him get in a few games though, perhaps they'll keep him until Pavel Datsyuk returns. Tyler Bertuzzi and Anthony Mantha were among the second-to-last cuts.

Dylan Larkin makes the Wings opening night roster. :thumbup:
FWIW, Dobber's unsure that he stays. From today's Ramblings:

Dylan Larkin is still on the Red Wings after the latest round of cuts, however the team still needs to cut three more and I think he'll be one of them. It would be nice to see him get in a few games though, perhaps they'll keep him until Pavel Datsyuk returns. Tyler Bertuzzi and Anthony Mantha were among the second-to-last cuts.
Unless he plays so well that it is impossible to send him down he'll always be on the short list to go back down first since he is eligible.

Cleary is one of the three for sure, then I think Jokim Anderson or Ferraro will go on waivers and be sent down assuming they aren't claimed.

Does anyone play DFH on either Fan Duel or Draft Kings? I joined FD last week and have to say the interface is slick. Draft Kings seems a little clunkier. Anyone have an opinion as to the quality of the hockey product?

We recently cut the cable. Is there any way to watch the local team? Everything I can find they are blacked out. Probably the single thing I will miss most about not having cable is not being able to watch hockey.

Kassian stage 2 treatment program, suspended without pay. I guess 6 AM car accidents are bad even if you aren't driving.

Flyers to have more than $11 million scratched opening night - Schenn, Gagner, Lecavalier.

Kassian stage 2 treatment program, suspended without pay. I guess 6 AM car accidents are bad even if you aren't driving.

Flyers to have more than $11 million scratched opening night - Schenn, Gagner, Lecavalier.
I think you can add Andrew MacDonald to that list even though he's not on roster

I think you can add Andrew MacDonald to that list even though he's not on roster
:lmao: What a joke, thanks Homer. Good chance he's a healthy scratch in Allentown, where his salary is more than the entire team combined.

Word from a friend in Montreal is that his time there is done. Possibly done in the NHL too.

Tarasenko is down to +2000 to win the Art Ross. I bet him at +7500 late last week. He still probably won't win but that's a crazy move with no action or news.

Has anyone ever played fantasy hockey on Fan Duel? They don't even have Joonas Donskoi available. He's skating on the top Sharks' line.

Bomani Jones of all people had a long segment today about this.

Jones' angle was that the NHL policy unlike those of other sports is more liberating. Testing for "social drugs" infringes upon personal rights, and I completely agree with that. I know the NBA has some sort of pot window (NFL might also) where players are tested for marijuana, but are not tested the rest of the year.

Also the fact that cocaine passes through the system so quickly, it's really kind of dumb to test for it anyway. Unless you get a guy within 24 hours you have almost no chance of getting a positive test from use. No reason to even test for it IMO, and again, I really believe these drugs are for the players to decide if they want to use. As long as they don't fall under the definition of performance enhancing, then I'm not sure how these leagues have any legal right to test outside of collective bargaining agreements.

Jones did go onto to say that the other leagues were racial biased, but I stopped listening at that point. Because sooner or later I was going to get NBA info which I have no use for.

Bomani Jones of all people had a long segment today about this.

Jones' angle was that the NHL policy unlike those of other sports is more liberating. Testing for "social drugs" infringes upon personal rights, and I completely agree with that. I know the NBA has some sort of pot window (NFL might also) where players are tested for marijuana, but are not tested the rest of the year.

Also the fact that cocaine passes through the system so quickly, it's really kind of dumb to test for it anyway. Unless you get a guy within 24 hours you have almost no chance of getting a positive test from use. No reason to even test for it IMO, and again, I really believe these drugs are for the players to decide if they want to use. As long as they don't fall under the definition of performance enhancing, then I'm not sure how these leagues have any legal right to test outside of collective bargaining agreements.

Jones did go onto to say that the other leagues were racial biased, but I stopped listening at that point. Because sooner or later I was going to get NBA info which I have no use for.
Shocked to hear Bomani Jones acknowledge that hockey exists. Josh Gordon has been suspended for over a season for smoking pot, but Ray Rice only got a handful of games for smashing his girlfriend's face in. Your NBA assessment was correct too. Five more minutes and he would have resumed his Lebron fellatio session.

A lot of reports have Boyes starting on the first line with Kadri and JVR in Toronto. Anyone think he sticks there?

A lot of reports have Boyes starting on the first line with Kadri and JVR in Toronto. Anyone think he sticks there?
I think they will have a ton of guys in and out of many spots. lots of new faces, lots of short term deals. they'll be evaluating all year and probably making lots of trades.

I think they will have a ton of guys in and out of many spots. lots of new faces, lots of short term deals. they'll be evaluating all year and probably making lots of trades.
Yep, if they can build up the value of any of these veterans and cash them in for picks or young players they will. Maybe even including Kadri and JVR.

Time to roll out some predictions for the playoffs.

Out of the East I like:

Atlantic-Habs,Bolts,Bruins

Metro-Pens,Caps,Rangers

WC's-Isles and Jackets

West:

Central-Hawks,Blues,Wild

Pacific-Ducks,Kings,Flames

WC's-Preds and Jets

Users who are viewing this thread