What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Irvin, Sanders & Faulk (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Please fire these guys now. The NFL recap show may be the single most unwatchable thing in my lifetime. Feel bad for Faulk having to sit next to those 2 blowhards, though Faulk is terrible at what he does as well. Horrible.

Is Sterling Sharpe still on the NFLN? He used to be on the early pregame show, but I haven't seen him this year. Always liked him.

All the pregame shows are horrible now. The inistence on going almost all ex-jocks on all shows seems like the worst kind of network groupthink.

If I'm in the car on Sunday mornings it's so much better, they typically have actual reporters who can do analysis, give insights, provide some coverage, and enunciate their words properly.

All the pregame shows are horrible now. The inistence on going almost all ex-jocks on all shows seems like the worst kind of network groupthink.

If I'm in the car on Sunday mornings it's so much better, they typically have actual reporters who can do analysis, give insights, provide some coverage, and enunciate their words properly.
Yes, Sunday mornings I prefer being on the road or if home having the radio on with the sound off on the tv.

I like Faulk as he is measured and thoughtful.

I think Sanders sometimes has some good insight as it seems he has a lot of good relationships with the players. I would like to see him leverage that more (not abuse it) but overall I usually don't have an issue with Sanders.

Irvin, well, I can only take Irvin in small doses before he starts to really wear. I also don't find he has too much to add that is worthwhile. My least fav of the bunch.

This

I mostly watch them for entertainment, not real info. So I find guys like Irvin, Sanders and Bradshaw fun to watch. Guys like Faulk and LT are probably smart but their lack of personality makes them painful to watch.

Slight Hijack. The NFLN recap show with these guys bites. A couple of five second highlights plays of a game and five minutes of these guys analyzing the whole game (probably based on these two clips). Is there something Sunday night/Monday morning worth watching that I can get more game recap and less blowhard-ness?

I really like Ryan Clark as an NFL analyst. Insightful, no grandstanding. Irving and Sanders flat out suck, it's all about them and their egos, they just yell over each other. I like Faulk as a person and loved him as a player, but he's not that good in the studio. Never has been.

I actually think the best Sunday pregame show is ESPN's fantasy program, though I don't like Flores as host near as much as when Kusellius ran it. This show moves quickly, you get more timely weather and injury reports, and not a lot of guys shouting at each other.

INTERNET HERO: OMG these sports announcers are so bad

HOT BABE: you're so right

INTERNET HERO: like, they don't even know what they're talking about!

HOT BABE: *drooling* DO ME!

Listening to them talking about Steve Smith last night had me chuckling. "Mama, there goes that man again..." Idk why.

Slight Hijack. The NFLN recap show with these guys bites. A couple of five second highlights plays of a game and five minutes of these guys analyzing the whole game (probably based on these two clips). Is there something Sunday night/Monday morning worth watching that I can get more game recap and less blowhard-ness?
Bumped for post game, recap show suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread