What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hicks, PHI LB (1 Viewer)

Kendriks is back this week, I would figure he will start over Ryans. Make sure you listen to the IDP podcast and read Jene and John's weekly column's because I'm sure they will cover this, as a hot topic again this week.

Based on Drinen's snap counts Hicks played all the snaps (79) last week and that was tops for all linebackers on the team.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-phi-6.php

With the Eagles running a hurry up offense that is struggling to sustain consistent long drives, this defense should see high snap counts most weeks. Assuming Hicks is starting with Kendricks, and maintains a high percentage of snaps, yeah, we should feel he's a top 20 start every week.

But again, keep a close eye on what Jene and John have to say this week and keep tabs going forward. This could be one of the big breakout young linebackers of 2015 if things fall right. So far that seems to be happening.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2015week04

It's tough to say because of all the injuries that let to his play time. The Eagles appear to like him so he will get a shot but until the injuries play out and you get to see how he is used normally.

He is worth rostering and playing while kendricks is out. I might sit him a game when Kendricks is back to see how he is used.

He was a monster recruit coming out of HS and ended up in a mess of a program at Texas. Played a lot of games with mixed success, but came on late in his career.

Plus athlete and by all accounts a hard worker who loves the film room.

I'm not sure he's a superstar, but he's the kind of guy that wouldn't shock me to see him starting for the better part of a decade.

Ryans looks like he's just getting rotation work now. He's fallen out of favor there it seems. I seem to remember the knock on him in Texas leading up to the draft was health. If he can stay healthy - which is oft said among the Iggles - then he could be ahead of Kiko and Ryans very quickly.

I think the kid is a stud in the making and the job is his to lose at this point. The local media is saying he's even good calling the plays. They thought they got a steal with him as their highest rated ILB when they drafted him. He was on the field every play last week and maximized his opportunity. He's a top 5 LB so far in all the leagues I am in.

As long as he can do what every other ILB on the team has failed to do - stay on the field - he'll be given the chance to gobble up snaps now that he has shown he can play at a high level.

Him playing well will validate Chip Kelly as a talent evaluator and that will help keep him in there.

And oh yeah - he's the guy who knocked Tony Romo our for several weeks (sorry, that's the Eagles fan in me LOL).

Wanted to add that I'm somewhat jaded with Hicks. The moment I saw Kendricks get hurt (after Kiko had already limped off grabbing his knee) I grabbed him in 4 leagues - and he's been killing it since then. So yeah, I got him.

So he killed it for one week.

Hes good for dynasty only as the Eages where running a rotation with the 3 guys before this and it will continue now and Hicks will probably split time with Ryans and Kendricks getting the most reps. Last week was only 2 LB's so how could he not get snaps. Wont be the same in week 4.

Killed it 2 weeks - but who's counting. And you may be right, there could be a rotation. But him being out there doing well makes Chip look smart. And Chip likes to look smart.

Week 5: Kendricks and Kiko are both going to be out. Hicks is a great play IMO, especially because he's going to be the LB the ask to fill the 'range' responsibilities.

Ryans is not out of favor - they love him. But he's lost 2-3 steps and is a liability in space. Hicks will be the 'backer that stays on the field all 3 downs.

He did ok but has had a few underwhelming weeks in a row now. I'm not sure what's going on since he's supposed to be in a starting role.

He's around the ball all the time. He's had a fumble recovery 3 weeks in a row and he was an inch from having a big pick in the last game. I think he's worth starting in IDP leagues and letting his talent and youth play out. If these are his bad weeks - that's pretty good.

Kendricks is back practicing in FULL; Kiko is limited but will probably sit for another week then rest on the bye. Demco got banged up last week as well. Will Hicks be the odd man out here in the next 2 weeks??

Hicks has played welll enough to keep getting snaps. I wouldn't be too sure that Kiko will come back at full strength and if he does the liklihood of re-injury is high. I think you hold on Hicks

Kendricks will be on the field 100%. Alonso was in last night but not sure how many snaps but he was rotating with Hicks it looked like. I hope its Alonso as i spent a ton on him last week. When Ryans gets back maybe he splits with Kiko.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread