What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Panic Mode! Who are you giving up on? (1 Viewer)

Deranged Hermit

Not cool & Pissed
Three games in is a pretty good sample size. What high pick are you completely giving up on and would trade for a backup kicker? What high pick are you targeting as a buy low?

My 'give up' is CJ Anderson and Hill. Anderson at least doesn't have anyone really able to snatch the job, but Hill can easily lose his job to Gio right now. Mccoy is close as I see his injuries causing him to lose significant time this year.

As for targets, Luck is an easy buy. I got guys in my league going into major panic mode with him. If i didn't already have Brady in both leagues I'd make a play for sure. Demarco Murray ia another that I see better thing for on the horizon.

Andre Johnson - he looks done. He can't get open anymore, the Colts line stinks too bad for him to eventually get open, and the younger guys are just better at this point.

This is a great year for me as I've always held the belief that Gio and Hillman were the more talented backs, thus, I own them in several leagues.

I don't have much faith in Demarco right now.

When I saw the title, Anderson was the first one to come to mind, but I was never 100% sold on him to begin with and I'm kicking myself severely for not selling in the pre-season. HIll is a guy I own little of but fell to me in a redraft. I'd sell if I could but I'm not sure he's a complete bust just yet.

Jonathan Stewart

He's beat-up & already unable to finish games, and failing to produce on top of that. I'm trying to package him up w/ a WR to get a RB2-type.

I guess I'm lucky BC I don't have anyone that I'm ready to give up on yet. I'm close on Brees. Esp since I was able to snag mariota and Carr off the wire. Brees is going to have to prove that he is worth starting over them by, well, being Brees for a game on my bench before I put him back in.

Andre Johnson looks invisible and done. So does Charles Johnson, though I think he's worth a hold for another couple weeks to see if Minnesota starts passing.

Jonathan Stewart

He's beat-up & already unable to finish games, and failing to produce on top of that. I'm trying to package him up w/ a WR to get a RB2-type.
Worried about him as well and also trying to package him in a deal. I also gave up on Charles Johnson.

Lamar Miller... Although I only took him bc he just kept falling.

Sammy Watkins, #### him.
I'm struggling to keep him in a keeper format, and that's with FA next season. He's a drop candidate IMO in redraft. It's a shame, I think he does have talent. Philbin just refuses to get him the touches he needs to produce like a solid RB2.

Most of the guys in this thread still at least have some value to me. I would drop Joique Bell and maybe Andre Johnson, but otherwise, I'd at least wait it out or try to sell.

One that hasn't been mentioned in Charles Johnson. I don't really see him producing fantasy relevant numbers this year unless Peterson gets hurt and the wheels fall off the team.

Kapernick for sure. He's headed for a backup roll after this year. I think the status he had 2years back has clouded his work ethic. Sad these players (Kapernick) that make gobs of money don't decided to be the NFL player your club pays you, lazy pure and simple. Money over performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ and AJ are two obvious problems. I don't think you can drop either guy yet but they need to be benched if they aren't already.

Other guys banished to benches:

Alf Morris, Davante, Charles Johnson. Davante might not be totally fair because of injuries but even when on his feet he doesn't seem to be anywhere close to displacing JJ. I'm not mentioning other guys who are simply injured.

Nobody....its week 3.
I strongly disagree. If you look at CJ Anderson right now and see anything redeeming, you're a better man than I am.
Let's save the debate on CJ for the CJ thread. That being said, you're totally giving up on him meaning you'd trade him for a backup kicker? Your description seemed to insinuate you were dropping these guys but you can't possibly drop CJ/Hill

Teddy Bridgewater and CJ Anderson. I just offered them both for Karlos Williams in dynasty and was rejected (smh at how quickly things change).

Put me in the Forsett group. Just a disappointing start to the season for him based on expectations.

What a depressing list. Can't say I'm surprised by any of it except Hill and AJ. I really had no reason not to think Hill would continue where he was and I though AJ had much more in the tank left. The rest, I think a lot of us could paint the scenarios that have come to be.

I pulled the plug on Spiller today for Marvin Jones. Sure, there's lots of talk about how he's healthy now and will be implemented more in the gameplan, but that's just talk until anything actually changes. I'm pretty sure I'll just be disappointed in the end if I hold onto him for another week or two. You can probably find some someone like Dunbar on your WW that is putting up better numbers right now than Spiller will all year.

Doug Martin in a short bench league.

Somebody dropped Spiller and Melvin Gordon this week as well.

12 team league 4 bench spots.

Hard to just flat out cut a guy like a Forsett, CJ Anderson or Stewart as their potential upside later in the season still has to be more valuable than anyone on the waiver wire. Unless you see another buy low guy that you like that you could trade your stinker for........you almost have to put your dud on the bench and wait it out.

Another vote for Andre Johnson. I'm partial to him as he's been on some of my championship teams and has always been one of my favorites. I really thought he could have a big year in Indy and took him in the 3rd round :X of my 14 teamer.

I even tried to stay optimistic after week 1 with some of the positive spin many were putting out there. But my eyes didnt lie. He looks old and slow out there. No explosiveness, no separation, and not winning contested catches. He really looks lifeless on the field.

He's getting cut. The only questions are when and for who. Cant believe I'm staring at names like Cecil Shorts and Doug Baldwin but any warm body getting some targets at WR looks like a better option than AJ at this point. He's done.

I gave up on Cooks and traded him in a package for a WR upgrade. Everyone keeps saying "the best is yet to come" but I'm not seeing it in NO this year. He's not physical enough to be a WR1 and no matter who is in a QB I don't see him turning out anywhere near the value he was drafted at

zftcg said:
bagger said:
Joique Bell.
Dropped him in my 16-team league. To grab a second defense. And no one else picked him up.
If only the Lions coaching staff and management could see the same thing :doh: . They have 3 other RB's they could use and they keep going to Bell who looks slow as molasses.

Doug Martin. Although I'm sure that some would argue they gave up on him a long time ago. Having said that I won't be dropping him quite yet as there isn't really anything in the WW that warrants replacing him with

ichris said:
Roddy White isn't getting targets.
I finally gave up on White and dropped him for Ted Ginn. Ginn isn't half the receiver White was, but he is getting targets consistently and White isn't. After three games, I don't see that changing.

Someone who can mine the data easily ought to go back a year or two and look at all the "bombs" in the first 3 weeks or so and see how often it comes back around or see how often it is truly telling at this point.

Just off the top of my head, I can remember a lot of people writing off Eddie Lacy at this exact point last year. But then again, they were also writing off Montee Ball and not believing in J. Forsett.

Julius Thomas? I know he hasn't played yet, but with injuries and byes, he's getting harder to hold onto
boy, that IS a tough one. You might hold half the FF season only to be rudely reminded of how much Manning meant to his success...or you may find he is a target monster on a bad team always having to throw. That is a tough call.

Julius Thomas? I know he hasn't played yet, but with injuries and byes, he's getting harder to hold onto
boy, that IS a tough one. You might hold half the FF season only to be rudely reminded of how much Manning meant to his success...or you may find he is a target monster on a bad team always having to throw. That is a tough call.
I was hoping he could return this week, but that sounds unlikely. It doesn't help that I've also been holding onto Gates. If my team was decimated by injuries, it would be easier to hold. But every week a grab a TE, they seem to get hurt or something. Grabbed Green week 1, then Vernon Davis, then went back to Green for Week 2, then grabb Gillmore last week and now Gillmore is out. It's hard rostering 3 TEs when Dez, Big Ben and Adams are also injured and on the bench.

And like you said, I could hold onto him this whole time and he may not be worth anything. At least Gates is back next week.

Users who are viewing this thread