What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm Starting T. Rawls over _____________________ (1 Viewer)

Braktastic

Footballguy
I figure this thread is needed now in light of this news:

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawk

Pro Football Talk reported it is more likely Marshawn Lynch does not play Monday night against the Lions.

A source told PFT it is "60-40" Lynch is not playing. Thomas Rawls would see the majority of the carries if Lynch cannot go with Fred Jackson playing a secondary role. Unless Rawls is available as a late swap, it will be too risky to place Lynch in starting lineups on Sunday morning.

Source: Pro Football Talk on Twitter Oct 3 - 1:06 PM
That said, I am considering starting him over one of:

J. Hill

C. Anderson

A. Hurns

in my main re-draft league, which is PPR, and

J. Hill

A. Foster

...in another re-draft (non-PPR) league.

Last edited by a moderator:
60/40 is pretty close to 50/50 which is what people have been saying all week. So PFT moves the percentage past 50% just so they can say it's likely based on percentages. Rubbish, just PFT click whoring like usual.

I'd start Rawls over no one if I don't have viable backup MNF option.

60/40 is pretty close to 50/50 which is what people have been saying all week. So PFT moves the percentage past 50% just so they can say it's likely based on percentages. Rubbish, just PFT click whoring like usual.

Your advice is sound; however Lynch hasn't practiced all week and this is starting to feel like the season his wheels come off. Probably why he was so adamant about holding out and is now whoring himself out in every commercial under the sun.

Your advice is sound; however Lynch hasn't practiced all week and this is starting to feel like the season his wheels come off. Probably why he was so adamant about holding out and is now whoring himself out in every commercial under the sun.
Running backs like him its only a matter of time. You cannot play that agree for that long in the NFL. I know its just his hammy but the little things start to add up

Your advice is sound; however Lynch hasn't practiced all week
I have to agree with this. He barely played last week and now couldn't practice at all. It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch that Rawls will get a good number of carries no matter what at this point.

I figure this thread is needed now in light of this news:

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawk

Pro Football Talk reported it is more likely Marshawn Lynch does not play Monday night against the Lions.

A source told PFT it is "60-40" Lynch is not playing. Thomas Rawls would see the majority of the carries if Lynch cannot go with Fred Jackson playing a secondary role. Unless Rawls is available as a late swap, it will be too risky to place Lynch in starting lineups on Sunday morning.

Source: Pro Football Talk on Twitter Oct 3 - 1:06 PM
That said, I am considering starting him over one of:

J. Hill

C. Anderson

A. Hurns

in my main re-draft league, which is PPR, and

J. Hill

A. Foster

...in another re-draft (non-PPR) league.
I am debating the same thing. Only I have Hill and Gio (and Ingram). Would hate to watch Gio go off on my bench......again

Likely over CJ Anderson. Just wish I had a MNF backup. Having said that, I don't see lynch playing the whole game even if he suits up. Seattle should take an early lead at home and give Cardoll the opportunity to rest his beast for the long haul

Strongly considering picking him up and starting him over Matt Jones (since Foster is a partial or no-go).

Just picked him up and considering him over weak flex options like Vereen, Crabtree, David and Stevie Johnson.

Curious as to what more, if anything, we will hear regarding Lynch's status before tomorrow's 1pm kickoffs but I really want to play Rawls over all of the above.

Only have room for him in the FLEX with Lacy and Forsett in the RB slots. I'll wait on the FLEX until Sunday night....then I'll choose either Cooks or Spiller....or decide to wait until Mon. where I have him and Abdullah.

More than likely roll with him if I'm down big going into Sun. night and I need a 100+ and a TD or 2 as I don't see Spiller, Cooks or Abdullah being able to do that.

I'm struggling a bit with the idea of Abdullah or Rawls in a PPR.

I don't trust the Lions to give him enough touches even with Bell out. Riddick and Zenner could get plenty involved too. Rawls should be playing from ahead most of the game and has 100 yards and a TD written all over him.

I think it will depend if I'm up or down going into the game. If I need a homerun hail mary play, Abdullah will go in but do like me some Rawls.

r mathews, miller, woody & cmike... starting rawls, gore & foster, WTH, 3-0, AB just threw up a few, got my pats on a bye (brady, edelman & gronk) :shrug:

menobrown said:

I'd start Rawls over no one if I don't have viable backup MNF option
.Listening to them is like listening to TMZ. I'll decide tomorrow.

Picking two of Freeman, Randle, Rawls and Michael. Leaning toward the first 2.

CJ Anderson in two leagues. Lions are dead in the water and SEA Def, and the crowd will have them flustered early and often. Rawls should get a lot touches and I'm frankly I'm tired of 1.5 pt Anderson.

Long Ball Larry said:
Braktastic said:
menobrown said:

Your advice is sound; however Lynch hasn't practiced all week
I have to agree with this. He barely played last week and now couldn't practice at all. It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch that Rawls will get a good number of carries no matter what at this point.
Timeline: They say Lynch is 50/50 and he's getting an MRI. Then Carroll admits something new from the MRI since the last hammy injury popped up. Then a "source" tells the media it's 60/40. The trend is obvious given they don't want to play their cards.

It's an unathautherized leak to the media, even snitches don't like to make their bosses angry.

I hope I'm wrong and they put Lynch out long enough to get another injury before Rawls blows up so I can use the guy next week too.

Rolling the dice and starting him next to Foster in one league - 12 teamPPR no flex(Gio, Gore, Woodhead, Abdullah)

Flexing him in another league, 14 team PPR, with Randle and Williams (Jennings, Abdullah, Woodhead)

Over Crowell in a 0.5 ppr. Dropped David Johnson for Riddick just in case Lynch plays and they sound optimistic about him. J. Bell being out is helpful.

I'd love to start Rawls this week.

Anyone with knowledge of Seattle practices think Fred Jackson gets a bigger shot this week if lynch is out? He seems way under the radarwith all this Rawls talk, but why wouldn't he play a lot instead? Does he know the offense/protections yet? Anyone with knowledge have an educated thought about the situation with Jackson?

RIM said:
I'd love to start Rawls this week.

Anyone with knowledge of Seattle practices think Fred Jackson gets a bigger shot this week if lynch is out? He seems way under the radarwith all this Rawls talk, but why wouldn't he play a lot instead? Does he know the offense/protections yet? Anyone with knowledge have an educated thought about the situation with Jackson?
Can't find it now, but I read last week that they consider Rawls the backup to Lynch as the featured back, and Jackson is strictly the 3rd down/change of pace guy.

Went with Powel over Rawls in full point PPR. Didn't want to get caught with a subpar day if Lynch suited up. Still rooting for Rawls to do well though, boost his value to trade with Lynch owner.

Users who are viewing this thread