What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Surely he's not available anywhere
Don't be that guy, flap.
What's that
Every time there's a waiver thread, "that guy" says, "No way he's available!" or "Your league is a joke if he's a free agent!".

Imo, "that guy" is annoying.

Hence, the "Don't be that guy".

In your defense, Raback also chose to be "that guy".

But hey, we all make mistakes. I won't hold this one against either of you. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
He's available in my league, and I stupidly did not pick him up yesterday when I was considering it. I'm going to have to pay through the nose now via blind bidding. Really need the WR help too.
He's available in my league too. Only reason I haven't picked him up is I have Allen Robinson. I hate having 2 WRs from the same team.
Same here especially two Jags.

Hankerson needs to be owned and he's still available in a lot of leagues
Ehh, I mean Ive had my eye on him for a couple weeks now but today's game didnt make me think run to get Hankerson. He was wide open on his 55 yard catch and his YAC was nice on the play but nobody was around him.

In about 3 hours - CJ Spiller (and yes he was cut in my league)

And of course Cmike

Hankerson needs to be owned and he's still available in a lot of leagues
Ehh, I mean Ive had my eye on him for a couple weeks now but today's game didnt make me think run to get Hankerson. He was wide open on his 55 yard catch and his YAC was nice on the play but nobody was around him.
#2 in an offense with Julio deserves to be owned as teams are going to have to 2x and 3x cover Julio to stop him allowing a lot of favorable matchups.

Good talk, guys

Chasing points:

Tavon Austin

Duke Johnson

Coby Fleener

Bortles is a good bye week filler

Barridge appears to be a McCown favorite

Eddie Royal has a pulse

Dontrelle Inman WR-Chargers

Floyd suffered in-game concussion (plus he's tissue paper anyway) + Stevie Johnson w/ a hammy injury

Anyone get to see how Duke Johnson looked? He had a good game and the Browns are crap and may need to be playing catch up a lot and Duke is the type of back that usually is on the field in these situations.

Anyone get to see how Duke Johnson looked? He had a good game and the Browns are crap and may need to be playing catch up a lot and Duke is the type of back that usually is on the field in these situations.
He looked awesome. Today was his breakout.

Woodhead, dunbar, duke, gio, etc these are the rbs i wanna own as rb2s in fantasy now. They disappear less frequently than the 1st and 2nd down guys

rickyg said:
jt1432 said:
He looked awesome. Today was his breakout.
He did. I actually think he and Crowell could really complement each other well if the coach is smart.

Pipes said:
jbradford787 said:
tricky92 said:
flapgreen said:
KingPrawn said:
He's available in my league, and I stupidly did not pick him up yesterday when I was considering it. I'm going to have to pay through the nose now via blind bidding. Really need the WR help too.
He's available in my league too. Only reason I haven't picked him up is I have Allen Robinson. I hate having 2 WRs from the same team.
Same here especially two Jags.
Indy has been getting killed by the WR that isn't covered by V. Davis. It was Hurns turn this week.

Pass.

Kenny Powers said:
DirtyCashDylan said:
Gostkowski is coming back from a bye and was probably dropped
Not in my leagues. Dude is like a Terminator. Everyone drafts him first and takes the 0 during the bye.
This is exactly what I did. Up 138-46. He has Lynch, Prater, and Lions D left. I'm OK with my decision.

Anyone holding Knile Davis as a Charles handcuff might want to consider swapping him out for Charcandrick West. Looked like the torch was passed today.

spider321 said:
flapgreen said:
spider321 said:
flapgreen said:
KingPrawn said:
Don't be that guy, flap.
What's that
Every time there's a waiver thread, "that guy" says, "No way he's available!" or "Your league is a joke if he's a free agent!".

Imo, "that guy" is annoying.

Hence, the "Don't be that guy".

In your defense, Raback also chose to be "that guy".

But hey, we all make mistakes. I won't hold this one against either of you. :D
Adrian Peterson. Slow start to this year but I think he's an rb1 ros

Kenny Powers said:
DirtyCashDylan said:
Gostkowski is coming back from a bye and was probably dropped
Not in my leagues. Dude is like a Terminator. Everyone drafts him first and takes the 0 during the bye.
This would cost $$ in my leagues. Manage your rooster.

AcerFC said:
Whats up with the guy from atl not named freeman
Ward got a lot of reps and little hype during camp because both Coleman and Freeman missed time with injuries. But then in preseason he did nothing and really struggled. I don't think he'll be useful unless both Coleman and Freeman are out. Most of his touches came when the game was out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread